rated by 0 users
This post has 4,416 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 10:47 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Lonny just a quilting fool these days. Helps my depression. Going to be visiting my mom in Florida soon and going to Virginia in August to help my daughter when her 2nd is born. 

I hear that.  Quilting is a lot more fun than therapy.  I used to say cheaper, too, but stopped that because I wasn't so sure about it being true for me, personally, lol.  I live in Florida, too.  I'm in West Central Florida near the coast about an hour south of Tampa.  How exciting that you have a grand baby coming in August!  

Linny T

• Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 10:48 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Lonny just a quilting fool these days. Helps my depression. Going to be visiting my mom in Florida soon and going to Virginia in August to help my daughter when her 2nd is born. 

I hear that.  Quilting is a lot more fun than therapy.  I used to say cheaper, too, but stopped that because I wasn't so sure about it being true for me, personally, lol.  I live in Florida, too.  I'm in West Central Florida near the coast about an hour south of Tampa.  How exciting that you have a grand baby coming in August!  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 10:56 AM

Stephanie:
I watched an episode of Neat on tv recently. I've chatted before about being a visual person. And she highlighted on this in an episode. Saying that visual people are more inclined to leave things out where they can see them. To put things away makes us forget about them. That's my story. LOL. Once the projects start, everything comes out and stays there until it's finished. Or I have company and am forced to put it away. LOL. After watching that show, I felt a sense of justification about it. And it explains why when it is put away I have to have everything labeled so I can find it easily. Well, for the most part. Have to make sure I put things back in their spots. LOL 
 Well, now that explains a lot, doesn't it?  I like to look at all my pretties, too, so have a tendency to keep them in open boxes and trays for too long.  They eventually get overloaded and have to be sorted.  Sometimes my kitty helps me make that call when he knocks them off the counter, lol.  I bought some photo boxes a couple of weeks ago and do you know, there's nothing in them yet?  I think it's because they're not clear.  I do have a plan for them, but it's not my way, so I keep putting it off.  My Dollar Tree sells plastic shoe box sized containers that are see through for $1.  I think I'll get more of them and use the photo boxes for photos, lol.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 11:24 AM

Robin:
Linny,  I don't know about your situation but I understand the concept of shock.   About a month ago someone who I is a good person and a good friend of mine was accused of something that has turn their entire life upside down and inside out.   People around me were so shocked and hurt, as was I.   I was knocked off my feet and I still can hardly think about it without crying or getting upset.   It is simply one of those situations when I have to step back and trust the God has this person not only in His Hands but covered with a hedge of protection that is deeper than anything I can fathom, for there is absolutely nothing I can do to help my friend except pray.   And it is so weird, some of my early morning wake up sessions have been nothing but me laying in bed and praying for this person and their family.  For God's grace and wisdom to be given to all concerned.   So when you write about being in the background and hoping that God will give you the right words, I'm right there with you.
 I will pray for your friend, too.  That's just awful to be accused of something and have your life destroyed like that.  I can't even imagine it.  All you can do is be there for them and pray.  We say "all we can do is pray".  I think of it as being a really huge thing we can do.  That we can pray makes us their best hope.  When a life is at that point where there's nothing more that can be done, that's when God does his best work.  That scripture you gave me the other day says it all, doesn't it?

Hope you get your packing done soon so you can enjoy your National Family holiday.  What is being celebrated?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 11:29 AM

Darlene :
This is the 9th year for the market and I believe it has been at the other location for all 8 years previously.
 Well, after this long people will seek it out.  I bet with the new location there will be lot's of newcomers, too.  I bet you'll do better there.

With that medical building, just think of all the special things you could make for the medical staff.  I bet you could come up with some really neat ideas.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,186
Points 43,675
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 11:43 AM

Hello everyone.

I can sure understand about that heat Stephanie.  I can't take it either and it's getting worse as I get older.  My suggestion would be to take a frozen pack that takes hours to defrost and put it near your body.  Maybe in a pocket and rotate as needed.  I've never tried it but since you are outside so much it would cool your blood as you work.  Just an idea.

I don't know what the show Neat is.  Where do I find it?  

Stephanie and Linny---I've seen the beautiful quilts you have made.  You could sell them.  I've heard these wall quilts sell very well.  There must be a place to use a long arm for a rental in the store.

I have been feeling bad lately.  Sugar won't go down.  Shakey and light headed.  Going to the doctor for a urine test.  Last time I had this I didn't have any urgency at all which is strange.  Will report back.  (o:

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 420
Points 28,385

Diane:
I have been feeling bad lately.  Sugar won't go down.  Shakey and light headed

Diane, this does not sound good.  So glad you are going to the doctor.  Praying for resolution soon for you.  Listen to your body and take it easy.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 420
Points 28,385

Linny t:
I bet with the new location there will be lot's of newcomers, too

That is the hope.  I am finally feeling like I will have enough scrubbies to start.  I have been tackling that crinoline given to me but I can only handle so much of it and then my hands are complaining.  It is addicting and when I begin working with it, I struggle to quit.  Glutton for punishment.

Countdown mode--9 days.  Yikes!  I am worried about my inventory.  I am trying to have extra so that If I have an extremely good sales day in a particular item, I don't have to completely replace the sold items before the next market day.  This is always difficult.  I have sales records from previous years and am making my best guess.

Still working on putting rows together for my scrappy Batik project.  So much bias.  It is a challenge to join these rows.  I am not a pinner by nature but this is a project which I can skip pinning.  Feels like such a waste of time but I do see the benefit when the rows are joined successfully.

Consignment shop sales continue to be good.  Etsy views are stable but no sales yet.  We will sit and wait.  I posted another baby quilt yesterday.  I haven't heard from the customer who wanted the two John Deere quilts for twins, so I have put that aside.  When/if she calls/texts me, I will resume.  The blocks for the boy quilt are complete and waiting to be put into a top.  The blocks for the girl quilt are close to done.  I have two matching panels which will be the "back".  Just need to hear from her.  She had mentioned having them personalized but didn't give me the info.

My "new" machine is working like a dream.  Loving every minute I spend with it.  I found out that it has "cams" for decorative stitches.  I need to spend some time when I feel unrushed to play with them and see what this baby will do.  There is also something in the manual about monogramming.  That would be so nice for when I want to do a label or even to stitch something personal on the quilt.

My new doctor has ordered a bunch of tests and procedures to verify my health status.  She was my mother's doctor and so there was no hiding family medical history.  Not that I planned to hide anything.  The reason I changed doctors was because the old doctor wasn't being proactive.  She has told me I am cursed with Mom's "ailments" and she plans to watch me closely to make sure that I don't repeat her path of medical history.  Biggest concern right now is heart.  My family has bad heart history and I am built for bad heart.  "small below the waist, full above the waist".  I come from a long line of women who have tiny feet [sizes 5 and 6] and legs but amply endowed.  So I have to have an EKG Friday.  Hoping it shows nothing of interest.

I need to get out to the barn to do some inventory verification.

Hope that all are holding their own and finding a moment of peace so that they can piece.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 420
Points 28,385

Robin:
did you see my idea about the curtain on your tent?

Robin, yes I did see that but forgot to respond.  I have "curtains" which came with the tent for the two short sides and the "back" of the tent.  Since I am not planning any multi day events, I do not need to enclose the 'front". 

I did like this idea and have been looking to see if I can find anything which I might want to use in the event of foul weather to help with enclosing some of the front.

I missed the post about your friend and am sorry that I didn't post.  I was once told that when you don't know what to pray, pray for God's Mercy..  This sounds like one of those times.  I am praying that this will be resolved in a manner which will bring peace to all involved.  Unfortunately, sitting back and waiting to find out what God has planned for this trial is so hard.  He does have a plan and it is what is best.  We all just need to remember that.  Where is it in Jeremiah that we are told that God's plans are to prosper us and not harm us?  Tough to think about prospering when we are in the midst of the storm.   What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.  I have to say that to myself sometimes.  Some people find that harsh but it does help to remember it.

Hope that packing is moving along without any major problems and that you can take a break before setting up the new classroom.

Peace my friend.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 4:48 PM

Diane:

I have been feeling bad lately.  Sugar won't go down.  Shakey and light headed.  Going to the doctor for a urine test.  Last time I had this I didn't have any urgency at all which is strange.  Will report back.  (o:

Diane, I hope your issues are nothing, but I'm glad to hear you're getting yourself checked out.  If it isn't sugar then something is causing it.  I hope they find out what.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,535
Points 116,690
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 5:01 PM

Darlene :

My new doctor has ordered a bunch of tests and procedures to verify my health status.  She was my mother's doctor and so there was no hiding family medical history.  Not that I planned to hide anything.  The reason I changed doctors was because the old doctor wasn't being proactive.  She has told me I am cursed with Mom's "ailments" and she plans to watch me closely to make sure that I don't repeat her path of medical history.  Biggest concern right now is heart.  My family has bad heart history and I am built for bad heart.  "small below the waist, full above the waist".  I come from a long line of women who have tiny feet [sizes 5 and 6] and legs but amply endowed.  So I have to have an EKG Friday.  Hoping it shows nothing of interest.

It sounds like you're being proactive about it and that's a very good thing.  Switching to your Mom's doctor seems like a wise choice, too.  I hope your EKG is normal.  It's easy to ignore our own health when we're taking care of others.  

Darlene :

My "new" machine is working like a dream.  Loving every minute I spend with it.  I found out that it has "cams" for decorative stitches.  I need to spend some time when I feel unrushed to play with them and see what this baby will do.  There is also something in the manual about monogramming.  That would be so nice for when I want to do a label or even to stitch something personal on the quilt.

When I read cams I remembered that while moving and sorting I found the box of cams that go with my Mom's old machine.  I forgot all about them and meant to try them out when I found them, but didn't.  I know it sews a straight seam just fine, so I expect they will work, too.  You've made me all excited about it again.  I'll have to go online once I know the model and see if I can find a manual. 

Darlene :

Hope that all are holding their own and finding a moment of peace so that they can piece.

I love this...

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,666
Points 141,098
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 6:07 PM

Diane:
I can sure understand about that heat Stephanie.  I can't take it either and it's getting worse as I get older.  My suggestion would be to take a frozen pack that takes hours to defrost and put it near your body.  Maybe in a pocket and rotate as needed.  I've never tried it but since you are outside so much it would cool your blood as you work.  Just an idea.

I replied to this earlier but got a moderation stall on it somehow. I had put a link in ti, and that may be why. This is a great idea. Even to take them and keep small towels wrapped around them and throwing one around my neck. If you see a woman in the news with ziploc baggies of freezer packs attached to her, you'll know it's me. I am not dress code correct when it comes to this heat, and would be inclined to hose myself down if I felt the need. LOL

Diane:
I don't know what the show Neat is.  Where do I find it?

This is what I tried to post the link for. It's a half hour show in which the host (Helen) goes into a house and helps them declutter and organize the space. But it's not all about that. A lot of times there  are emotional issues that keep people from getting rid of things, and allowing stuff to get out of control. She's really good at recognizing and helping people through the process. I watch it on ION at 6:30am, but it shows several listings on a Discovery Home channel as well

Diane:
Stephanie and Linny---I've seen the beautiful quilts you have made.  You could sell them.  I've heard these wall quilts sell very well.  There must be a place to use a long arm for a rental in the store.

Thanks so much for the compliments. I haven't really delved into that because of the drive I have into town. I've gotten to be quite the homebody when I'm not working. It's funny now that I think of what a change it would be for me to shift from moving the quilt under the needle to moving the longarm to "draw" the pattern on top of the quilt. It'd be a learning process for sure.

Diane:

This really concerns me too. I hope get into see the doc right away. Nothing to play around with for sure. Keep us posted....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,666
Points 141,098
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 6:20 PM

Darlene,

You sound excited as well as a bit anxious about the upcoming market. It's so fun to read that you are having success and sales thru the shops. Hope Etsy takes off too.

And it's wonderful and fun that you are learning all the aspects of your machine and having fun with it. What a great gift it has been for you.

Hope all your tests go well. I can understand wanting a proactive Doctor. I have one now, and I would so much rather have someone to help me find more natural ways to stay well, than one that uses me as a guinea pig for a new medication. Granted there are conditions that we couldn't live without them, but if there's an alternative life style change I can make to avoid them, I want a doctor that will help me find it.

Darlene :

Neat saying! Right back at ya.....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,186
Points 43,675
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 9:34 PM

Went to the doctor.  He said I have a "whopper" of a urinary tract infection.  I'm on Cipro.  I don't feel well at all.  He said my sugar will go down tomorrow. I'm thinking the cortisone shot I got last week may have masked the symptoms.  I is so weird.  I was taking Aleve and Tylenol about every 6 hours.  I would all of a sudden feel like crying.  No pain but I just felt bad.  Then when I took the aleve I would be ok.  Very scary.   I told my doctor if I couldn't see him today I would have gone to the ER.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,169
Points 68,820
Robin replied on Wed, Jun 11 2014 4:42 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I slept like a log last night with some dreaming but nothing that was disturbing.   I am so thankful for a good nights sleep.  I think I slept so good because of the packing yesterday and the fact that we finally bought the airplane tickets to get the kids to Nationals.   I always sweat that one a little until I know that we have secured seats on the same flight for everyone.  It was a little easier this time because the group is so small.

Linny,   I always declare by birthday a National Holiday.  Some years I'm more gitty about it than others.

Darlene,   I hope all of your test go well.   I think it is great you have a doctor that knows your family history so well.  

Diane,   Please take care of yourself.  I had a UTI a few weeks ago.  They are no fun.

Stephanie,  You be careful out there in that heat.   Make sure that you are drinking plenty of fluids. 

Well we are that such a nice quiet little rain I'm half way tempted to climb back in bed.   But I'd better go pack stuff.   I'm hoping to finish this week but I still lack a bunch and I'm not working Friday!   I refuse!    I have a dental appointment tomorrow so I'm down to today.

Robin

Page 167 of 295 (4417 items) «Prev165166167168169Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use