rated by 0 users
This post has 3,822 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 12:46 PM

Lillie

That jumping leg thing--or restless legs--is so annoying.  I had the same problem and I found it was a lack of Potassium.  I take it 2x a day now and the leg thing has gone away.  I never get those cramps either.  I hope that helps.

I too have heard the Guatamala is great to visit.  Karen's fiance has gone through so much there.  As a young boy he was handed a gun and taught  to fight.  A few years ago while visiting his parents, he was kidnapped with about 10 Americans for ransom.  He was kept alive because he could communicate with the Americans.  He saw people get murdered.  Finally the were put in the back of a truck to be taken somewhere and he jumped out and escaped.  He has PTSD big time.  He is in therapy when he can get it.

Karen understands and she is a therapist so knows how to help him.  I hope she is able to help him because these people need a lot of love and understanding to progress and she has a lot to give.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:06 PM

Donna--the shot did help.  He did a great job---like he did 2 years ago.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 94
Points 2,420
Jo1030 replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:16 PM

Diane:
I had no idea that Karen was coming back

I must have missed a post.....how did Karen meet this man and why were they down there?  Just curious. 

I had a stress test today, of course, I won't hear from it for a while. I am tired of running to doctors. All of our friends say the same thing....it seems like when you get old that is all you do. I was hoping to feel good and just enjoy not having to work when I got old.  NOT!! 

Looks like all of you are keeping busy....I am hoping to do some sewing tomorrow.     Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:47 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:
Those aren't my favorites but my DH picked them and that's what counts.
  Well, if they're his, then they're almost your favorites, too.  I'm sure it made him feel special you made it and he picked out the fabrics.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:58 PM

Jo1030:

I had a stress test today, of course, I won't hear from it for a while. I am tired of running to doctors. All of our friends say the same thing....it seems like when you get old that is all you do. I was hoping to feel good and just enjoy not having to work when I got old.  NOT!! 

Looks like all of you are keeping busy....I am hoping to do some sewing tomorrow.     Hugs, Jo

Jo, my sister says the same thing.  It's just not fair.  I hope they don't find anything with your heart.  Is your cold better?  Hope your sewing tomorrow takes your mind off of it all.  What are you making?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:03 PM

lilliepad:

I woke up at 2:00 this morning and can't get back to sleep. I can tell my body is still tired because my legs are jumping all over the place. Not very comfortable. Almosr 4:00. Maybe I'll try to go back to bed and see if I can fall back to sleep.

I finished sewing a quilt top yesterday and was hoping to take it into work and quilt it. I'm not scheduled to work today, but thought I'd go in a do this wall hanging. It's good practice for me. It's not very big, so maybe it will only take about 3 hours to complete.

Hope y'all have a great Thursday!

I've been having trouble falling asleep this week.  It sucks when you're tired and you can't fall asleep.  Hope by now you're making up for it, sleeping like a baby.  How'd your quilt turn out?  Wanna share a pic of it?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:07 PM

Diane:

I too have heard the Guatamala is great to visit.  Karen's fiance has gone through so much there.  As a young boy he was handed a gun and taught  to fight.  A few years ago while visiting his parents, he was kidnapped with about 10 Americans for ransom.  He was kept alive because he could communicate with the Americans.  He saw people get murdered.  Finally the were put in the back of a truck to be taken somewhere and he jumped out and escaped.  He has PTSD big time.  He is in therapy when he can get it.

Diane, this sounds like it's from a movie or something.  How incredibly awful!  Makes my problems seem foolish.  Is he trying to come to America to live?  Seems like he'd be much better off.  Your friend, Karen, would be, too. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:12 PM

Darlene :
have become so involved with this scrappy project that I am dropping the ball with my other work.  I had to force myself to set the timer and put the scrappy away when it went off. 
Is this the batik one you were talking about?  Hope you got yourself back on the plan.  Funny about Kyle giving you the stink eye...made me think of Diane's Iguana, lol.  Could you post your Etsy site address?  I'd like to see your stuff.

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 5,025

Diane,

Thanks for the info about potassium. I'll try that and see if it makes a difference.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Linny t:
Is this the batik one you were talking about? 

Yes.  Here is a pic of the rows.

I have been a bum all day today.  A friend gave me a wedding gown yesterday.  I have spent almost all of my day taking it apart.  No working on the list today. My vision is crazy quilted wall hangings with just the fancy fabrics and lace from the wedding gown.  I am thinking it will be uneven edges with something embroidered in the center and then embellished to the point of encrusted.  Would also like to try some color themed with the ivory lace overlay.  Not sure how big.  The bodice of this dress is proving to be the hardest part.

My Etsy site is CrazyQuiltsByDarlene.  I have had 7 viewings since I posted this batch of quilts.  One tagged favorite.  No buys yet but views are the first step.

Thinking I want to put some of my table runners that haven't sold on Etsy as well.  Branch out.  Can't hurt.

I got a surprise today in the mail.  I got a check from the second consignment shop.  Not much but sold a couple items last month.  I need to stop by the other shop to see if I had any sales in May.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Darlene,

This quilt is going to be gorgeous. I love the pattern. I went to your Etsy site.  You've put some nice offerings on there. I love that you used the decorative stitch to quilt the stripes and polka dots one with. 

What a great gift for a Crazy Quilter. Oh yes, I can see some beautiful encrusted wall hangings from this. Must be a chore to disassemble.

Yay, a check in the mail. Hope you had some other sales from the other shop too! And that quilt tagged favorite sells as well. It's really nice to have such a great review.

Diane,

Hope the cortisone shot is helping your hip. So disturbing to read about Karen's fiance being robbed like that, and her having to cut her trip short. It was really sweet of her to want to work out a deal for the money, and have you come in once a week or so to help with her Mom.

Lillie,

I hope the potassium works to help you restless leg syndrome. I'm excited to see your quilt.

Jo,

I hope that your health issues will get better as time goes on. It has to be difficult to have had one thing after another happen. Thoughts and prayers are out to you, and I hope you are able to do some sewing today.

Mamag,

So lovely of you to make a quilt for your hubby for Father's Day. I really like how you incorporated the larger sections of brown into the jelly roll strips. Puts a modern flair on it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 5,025

This is really nice Darlene. Congrats on the Etsy viewings. Hopefully the viewings will turn into purchases in the very near future.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

lilliepad:
Congrats on the Etsy viewings

Thanks Lillie.  The viewings have inspired me to list more.  This is a good way to "clean" up my inventory.  Some of these quilts are things I made years ago and have lugged from place to place ever since. 

At the Market, I am learning that it is important to have fresh inventory to keep people interested and coming back.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Stephanie:
This quilt is going to be gorgeous

Stephanie, thank you.  It has been fun pulling the scraps to do this.  The hardest part has been to do this truly scrappy.  I cut the two groups of pieces and stacked them up.  As I was assembling units, I just took the top pieces and put them together.  I think I said that I am adding half triangles on the ends of the rows to make them a little longer.  Pattern calls to trim sides up leaving 1/4 inch for seam.  I will lose more than I want that way.  I have overcut them so that I can trim them down.

Last night I had visions of adding half hexs as a border.  I am thinking  a thin border [maybe 1 inch] to "stop" the eyes and then piecing the half hexs cut from the same fabrics I used for the units.  I have to see if this will work.  That is my mission for today.  To see if this will come together.

Stephanie:
your Etsy site

Stephanie:
I love that you used the decorative stitch to quilt the stripes and polka dots one with. 

Must confess that I use the decorative stitches to quilt to hide if I wabble while stitching.  Plus it "justifies" me having the machines with all the fancy stuff.

Stephanie:
can see some beautiful encrusted wall hangings from this

This is a project I have wanted to make for many years but just haven't had the proper materials.  I need to gather the proper things for the embellishing

Well, I am off to see if my visions for this scrappy quilt will work

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 10:55 AM

Darlene :

Linny t:
Is this the batik one you were talking about? 

Yes.  Here is a pic of the rows.

I have been a bum all day today.  A friend gave me a wedding gown yesterday.  I have spent almost all of my day taking it apart.  No working on the list today. My vision is crazy quilted wall hangings with just the fancy fabrics and lace from the wedding gown.  I am thinking it will be uneven edges with something embroidered in the center and then embellished to the point of encrusted.  Would also like to try some color themed with the ivory lace overlay.  Not sure how big.  The bodice of this dress is proving to be the hardest part.

My Etsy site is CrazyQuiltsByDarlene.  I have had 7 viewings since I posted this batch of quilts.  One tagged favorite.  No buys yet but views are the first step.

Thinking I want to put some of my table runners that haven't sold on Etsy as well.  Branch out.  Can't hurt.

I got a surprise today in the mail.  I got a check from the second consignment shop.  Not much but sold a couple items last month.  I need to stop by the other shop to see if I had any sales in May.

I absolutely love this pattern, Darlene.  What's it called?  Can you share the pattern?  This quilt is going to be a stunner.  No wonder you got hung up making it.  I just love it!

I love all your quilts.  I checked out your Etsy site.  More great quilts.  Happy you had a sale and such a rave review.  You should put your table runners on there, too.  Why not branch out?  Congrats on the consignment shop sales.  Even a little makes you feel great when you sell what you make.

If someone gave me a wedding gown I'd be dissecting it all day, too.  I've actually thought about doing that to my own gown, but haven't wanted to part with it yet.  It's easier if you never fell in love with the dress, I think.  Your ideas for it sound so pretty.  I can't wait until the pics start coming.   

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Page 164 of 255 (3823 items) «Prev162163164165166Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use