rated by 0 users
This post has 4,128 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 377
Points 27,630

Jo1030:
Dish Network calling;

Jo, that is so scary.  Don't beat yourself up.  They are foxy but you did the right thing.

Thanks for sharing so that word gets out to others with Dish

So sorry to hear that you have not been feeling up to snuff.  Hope that the doctor figures out what is going on and helps resolve this soon.

Hang in there and listen to your body.  It will not send you the wrong message.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 377
Points 27,630

Stephanie:
Poor kitty, they and some dogs don't understand change. I had a german shepherd that knew where everything was, and if I rearranged she'd come out barking at misplaced objects like they were intruding on her space. LOL.

Stephanie, had to laugh because our cat definitely does not like change.  Stedman gets so upset when I am sorting / cleaning.  All out of sorts, racing around the house, crying out.  Just wish I could understand what he is trying to tell me during those moments.

Tonight we have the kitchen window open trying to let in some cooler air.  He hears crickets and knows that is something new.  Keeps jumping up on the counter looking for the source of the new noise.  Then he jumps down and races,  so sad

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,437
Points 115,255
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:44 AM

Darlene :
Taking that leap is easier when you are not alone.  For you, a single woman, that would be a scary prospect.
 Isn't that the truth.  Sometimes I want to ask people who say I should go into business for myself if they are willing to pay my bills until it gets rolling.  I need a windfall, lol.

Isn't it amazing looking back on your life and seeing God's hand in it?  Even the bad stuff seems to lead to God's good stuff.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 954
Points 16,210

Heavenly Father truly is amazing.

This is my crazy Jelly Roll Quilt that I made for my DH's Father's Day Present.  The roll was way to small so I inserted those big brown scraps.  He likes it. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,167
Points 43,190
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 4:56 PM

Lovely quilt Donna.  It gives me some ideas.  I'm sure he loves it.

I went and got my cortosone shot in my hip.  The x-rays showed that I have no arthritis in either hip!!!!  Great news.  He gave me the shot anyway and showed me some stretching exercises.  I hope I can get it back to normal.

My friend Karen came home from Guatamala last night.  She said she felt trapped in a dangerous country.  Her fiance got robbed and lost his ID.  It will take 3 weeks to get another and then it may take longer to get the OK to marry.  I'm glad to see her but now I owe some money to her.  She didn't want the money back but wants to work out an arrangement where I will come and keep her mother company in the afternoons so she can get out more, which is fine with me.  I do need to get out more and nursing is my thing.  I'll be helping them both.

Have a great evening everyone.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,437
Points 115,255
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 6:25 PM

Nice quilt, Mammag.  I love the colors.  It's fun just to play with colors, isn't it?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,437
Points 115,255
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 6:30 PM

Diane, glad you got your shot.  It's good news that there's no arthritis.  You're lucky.  Nice that you can repay the favor to your friend Karen that way.  Her life there sounds scary.  I don't know how anyone can live in a place like that.  I hope he gets his ID back and they can get married.  It'll take a big load off of her if she doesn't have to worry about her mom while she gets a little freedom, too.  It's nice that you could work out such an arrangement.  Good for her and good for you, too.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 377
Points 27,630

Diane, so glad to hear the news that you have no arthritis.  That is wonderful news.  Hope that the shot helps.

What a surprise that Karen came home early.  Did you know before she got home that she was coming?  I can not imagine the stress of her trip and am glad that she is home safe.  Hope that she is able to get married soon and that her stress is reduced.  The idea of you working off the extra time is probable the best solution.  She will have some time to do the things she needs without worrying about her mom and you will have a chance to do personal care with a reduced stress.  It sounds like this will be shorter spells of time and easier for you to manage.  God has answered your dilemma. 

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 377
Points 27,630

My plan for the month has been thrown to the wind.  I entered a challenge which requires 20 minutes of work each day for the month.  I was confident that I could do my 20 minutes and then put it down and resume my work on my market stuff.

I have become so involved with this scrappy project that I am dropping the ball with my other work.  I had to force myself to set the timer and put the scrappy away when it went off. 

I did post some items on Etsy last night.  When I checked this morning, I was encouraged to see that someone had viewed 3 of my quilts and marked one as a favorite.  Good start.  In less than 8 hours to have views made me happy.

I am getting the evil stink eye from Kyle.  He wants the computer back.  I will surrender because I haven't made my scrubbies for today.

Hope that all is well for everyone.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 333
Points 5,910

It looks great MamaG. I'm sure DH is thrilled to have it.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 333
Points 5,910

I can't imagine what it's like in Guatemala. I hear about a lot of people wanting to travel there. Some people say it's wonderful. Others not so much. What a tragedy being  robbed. 

Sounds like the arrangement is right up your alley, Diane.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 333
Points 5,910

I woke up at 2:00 this morning and can't get back to sleep. I can tell my body is still tired because my legs are jumping all over the place. Not very comfortable. Almosr 4:00. Maybe I'll try to go back to bed and see if I can fall back to sleep.

I finished sewing a quilt top yesterday and was hoping to take it into work and quilt it. I'm not scheduled to work today, but thought I'd go in a do this wall hanging. It's good practice for me. It's not very big, so maybe it will only take about 3 hours to complete.

Hope y'all have a great Thursday!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 954
Points 16,210

Lillepad you should have called me I was up then also.  I sometimes have & hate the leg thing at night.

Thanks everyone.  I will post the final picture once I get some batting and quilt it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 954
Points 16,210

Linny T yes I like to play with colors.  Those aren't my favorites but my DH picked them and that's what counts.

Diane glad no arthritis in your hips. Did the shot help, hope so.

Darlene sorry your project got thrown to the wind but you sound very busy.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,167
Points 43,190
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 12:35 PM

Darlene---I had no idea that Karen was coming back.  I had heard that Guatamala was very dangerous.  I think the people there are used to it and just live with it. They need more military control I think.

What is your Etsy address?  

• Post Points: 20
Page 163 of 276 (4129 items) «Prev161162163164165Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use