rated by 0 users
This post has 3,541 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 11:04 AM

Stephanie:
I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to participate in the Christmas ornament RR. After this RR, I have to give focus to making decorations for the wedding. We'll be having a lot of family coming, so there are some things I need to do around here as well. It's great to see all the participation this year. You'll have a lot of fun doing these, and something to have for years to come....
  I'll miss you participating, but surely understand.  It'll be fun hearing about all the work with decorations and such.  It's such an exciting time and being part of it all will give you such happy memories.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,142
Points 42,705
Diane replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 12:03 PM

Hi Everyone

I am feeling somewhat overwhelmed because of visiting Mary every day.  I have 5 weeks left of daily visits which take at least 2 hours.  It's hard keeping up with 2 house holds. For someone like me who is a home body, it's a stretch.  And I get tired very easily.

This Wednesday I'll get my cortisone shot in my hip joint to relieve this pain.  Pain drags you down so much in life.  Last time I got one from my ortho doc it worked great!  I can't wait.  He's a tall, in shape and handsome African American guy named Dr Love.  LOL

My muse is poking me to work more on Robin's block.  Hopefully today I will listen to her.  I do have a plan so I can thank her for that.  That's the hard part.  Now, putting it to work how it is in my head is the challange!

Did anyone see the movie with Sharon Stone "The Muse"?   She never really gave him any concrete ideas to write.  She just lifted his spirits and made him question things about himself and life.  It frustrated him but he, in the  end, met his goal.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 7:30 PM

Diane, it's hard when you aren't used to something like what you're doing.  The first couple of weeks are the hardest.  By the end of it you'll manage better, I bet.  I had to laugh about Dr. Love.  Is that his real name?  Hope this shot works as good as the first one.  That will help you a lot with keeping up with your new duties.  Pain really does drag you down.

I haven't seen that movie, but I'll be looking for it now.  Sounds like something I'd like to see. 

Have fun with your muse.  If you wait too long she'll go into hiding...

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 239
Points 4,345

When I read the name Dr Love, I immediately started singing that song by Van Halen.   I hope it doesn't stick in my head all day.  lol

Robin, I've been taking Trazadone for almost 2 years to help me sleep. I really like it. Some people wake up feeling like a brick. Interestingly, for the past 3 nights I have not taken my pill and have slept through the night. About 6-8 hours of sleep for the last 3 nights. I wake up and see the pill still sitting on my night stand. I'm always amazed when I don't need it.

There is a non-script sleep aide you can take as well. I tried that for a month or so, but it made me have weird dreams and also made me feel like I was falling, when I was first entering my sleep mode. I really didn't like it.  It starts with a "M". Someone mentioned it here on our chat.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 2,025
Jo1030 replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 9:52 AM

Good morning ladies,  I am still feeling drug out from my cold, so I didn't go to TaiChi. I am having a lot of trouble with my legs; they get so tired and the numbness, I can't stand very long.  Also, I have started sweating again, like I did b/4 my heart by pass. My friend from church said I should call my heart dr....I did and I have to go in to see him tomorrow at 10.  I was so happy that I didn't break out in sweat and now it has started again. I hope there isn't anything wrong.

Guess what happened to me yesterday.......I was lying down and George brought me the phone and said it was Dish Network calling; I answered and this Indian man said he needed me to turn on our tv and tell him the numbers on the screen.   OK, I went to the LR and did as he said and gave him the numbers. I asked him why he needed them and he said they were checking to see if I had the right channels and that he would call me back in 10 min. to let me know if they needed to send a technician out.   The minute I got off the phone I had a funny feeling about it and looked at the caller id and it was a Skype #  661 748 0240.  I called Dish right away and they transferred me to their Fraud Dept. and he had me make a new pin # and said they would send me a new receiver and I would receive it in 3 days.  He also said that even if I got a call that said Dish on the caller ID to tell them I would call them back.  I feel so dumb for falling for this. I don't answer unknown numbers, but George does.  I told him this morning not to ans. numbers we don't know!!  Two other people in our town got the same call yesterday, but they hung up  on them.    Just a warning to all of you.

Diane, I hope your job is getting easier.  Don't try to do too much b/4 you have to go there.  Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 10:18 AM

Diane:
I am feeling somewhat overwhelmed because of visiting Mary every day.  I have 5 weeks left of daily visits which take at least 2 hours.  It's hard keeping up with 2 house holds. For someone like me who is a home body, it's a stretch.  And I get tired very easily.

That's quite a stretch left to visit daily. I can understand it being hard to keep up with two households. The timing is just enough to make for an interrupted day as well.  Almost like a split shift, and I always hated those.

Dr Love, work your magic with that shot. I've had those, and when I was withdrawing from them always felt like I had a really bad flu. Rather go through that temporary effect than have pain any day. Wouldn't you?

I so agree with having a plan for the blocks is the hardest part. Happy to hear your muse has given you that. Look forward to seeing your beautiful addition to Robin's block.

I haven't seen the movie, "The Muse" . I did look it up on Wikipedia, and definitely looks like one I want to see. Comedy with lots of twists and a happy ending. Sharon Stones character, as described,  puts me in mind of another movie, "House Sitter" with Goldie Hawn and Steve Martin. It was so funny. Goldie spins so many tales throughout the town that she gets Steve Martin a promotion, and has him believing that he can do anything in the end. I'd just love to let go of the safety net that seems to be my life and just dive in for once. I encouraged one of Mike's cousins to do that as an artist and his whole life changed. He does chainsaw carvings.

They (he and his family) came to see us about five years ago. I encouraged him to jump off the monotonous job line and go for it. Much to my surprise, he did and he's been busy doing his carvings ever since. Of course, I wasn't the only one to encourage him. But I had jumped off of the stability of my  job, to do the special effects painting at the time.  I think, as artistic personalities, we have to try. At some point in our lives, even if it's temporary, we have to give it a go. Looking back, I wouldn't have traded the experience for the World. And even though I've grown older, there will always be a menial job to go back to. Or, who knows, a book to write, or an end of painting pictures on the beach. Life is what we make it. If we can just dive in....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 10:43 AM

Jo1030:
Good morning ladies,  I am still feeling drug out from my cold, so I didn't go to TaiChi. I am having a lot of trouble with my legs; they get so tired and the numbness, I can't stand very long.  Also, I have started sweating again, like I did b/4 my heart by pass. My friend from church said I should call my heart dr....I did and I have to go in to see him tomorrow at 10.  I was so happy that I didn't break out in sweat and now it has started again. I hope there isn't anything wrong.

Jo,

I am so sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. I hope the sweating is from your cold and not your heart. Keep us posted. I'd ask or look up any med's that may have your legs feeling that way. It has to be horrible to try to get through a day like that.  I had a friend that had sciatica trouble with his back that made his legs go numb. He also later found out he was diabetic. Just info....

Jo1030:
Guess what happened to me yesterday.......I was lying down and George brought me the phone and said it was Dish Network calling; I answered and this Indian man said he needed me to turn on our tv and tell him the numbers on the screen.   OK, I went to the LR and did as he said and gave him the numbers. I asked him why he needed them and he said they were checking to see if I had the right channels and that he would call me back in 10 min. to let me know if they needed to send a technician out.   The minute I got off the phone I had a funny feeling about it and looked at the caller id and it was a Skype #  661 748 0240.  I called Dish right away and they transferred me to their Fraud Dept. and he had me make a new pin # and said they would send me a new receiver and I would receive it in 3 days.  He also said that even if I got a call that said Dish on the caller ID to tell them I would call them back.  I feel so dumb for falling for this. I don't answer unknown numbers, but George does.  I told him this morning not to ans. numbers we don't know!!  Two other people in our town got the same call yesterday, but they hung up  on them.    Just a warning to all of you.

OMG, now fraud is infiltrating our tv? Geez. Go figure! Thank God you acted on that feeling that something wasn't right. Don't chastise yourself. This is a totally new one and anyone could fall for it. I don't know if you know this, but if I get an unrecognized number on the phone, I will "google" it. If it's a scam, it will often have replies of posts about the number and complaints that it's a scam.

Hugs to you dearheart. Keep us posted on your appointment tomorrow...... 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 10:49 AM

Jo1030:

Jo, I hope it's from your cold and not your poor heart.  You've been through so much lately.  Are you taking anything for the cold that could make you sweat?  Let us know what the Dr. says.

Jo1030:
The minute I got off the phone I had a funny feeling about it and looked at the caller id and it was a Skype #  661 748 0240.  I called Dish right away and they transferred me to their Fraud Dept. and he had me make a new pin # and said they would send me a new receiver and I would receive it in 3 days.  He also said that even if I got a call that said Dish on the caller ID to tell them I would call them back.  I feel so dumb for falling for this. I don't answer unknown numbers, but George does.  I told him this morning not to ans. numbers we don't know!!  Two other people in our town got the same call yesterday, but they hung up  on them.    Just a warning to all of you.
 What else will the thieves of the world think of to take advantage of the honest, trusting souls of the world?  That's downright low-down.  I don't have Dish, but I'll tell the people I know who do.  Thanks for the warning.

I hope you feel better soon, dear.  Keep your chin up.

Linny T

• Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 10:55 AM

Stephanie:

I haven't seen the movie, "The Muse" . I did look it up on Wikipedia, and definitely looks like one I want to see. Comedy with lots of twists and a happy ending. Sharon Stones character, as described,  puts me in mind of another movie, "House Sitter" with Goldie Hawn and Steve Martin. It was so funny. Goldie spins so many tales throughout the town that she gets Steve Martin a promotion, and has him believing that he can do anything in the end. I'd just love to let go of the safety net that seems to be my life and just dive in for once. I encouraged one of Mike's cousins to do that as an artist and his whole life changed. He does chainsaw carvings.

They (he and his family) came to see us about five years ago. I encouraged him to jump off the monotonous job line and go for it. Much to my surprise, he did and he's been busy doing his carvings ever since. Of course, I wasn't the only one to encourage him. But I had jumped off of the stability of my  job, to do the special effects painting at the time.  I think, as artistic personalities, we have to try. At some point in our lives, even if it's temporary, we have to give it a go. Looking back, I wouldn't have traded the experience for the World. And even though I've grown older, there will always be a menial job to go back to. Or, who knows, a book to write, or an end of painting pictures on the beach. Life is what we make it. If we can just dive in....

I am always too afraid of taking that leap, too.  People have told me to start selling my work, too, but I never feel like I can live without that certainty.  I guess security comes at too big a price for me to take the risk.  Some day...maybe when I retire...

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,142
Points 42,705
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 12:29 PM

Yes Linny----his real name is Dr Love!  I told him I won't forget his name and he looked at me in a odd way.  I think he has gotten teased about it. lol  

I think that if I can relax about this job, I do fine.  It is giving me a better purpose in my life right now.

Lillie---I have taken Trazadone for years for sleep.  After trying everything---even hypnosis---I decided to make it made it easy on myself.  I think with a lot of activity, we can sleep better but sometimes anxiety kicks me in the butt. lol

Stephanie---I saw that movie with Goldie Hawn and don't remember the details but remember it was so funny.  I also love "Ground Hog Day" with Bill Murry and Ande McDowell.  Every man should use that as his bible. (o:   You were really a muse for that young man.

I feel that if we are artistic, we have to express it in some way.   I went to a very good "spiritual adviser" who I have seen several times over the years.  She saw me for an hour each time and really gave me insight.  Once she told me that I needed to express my artistic ability and get my sense of humor back because I was very funny.  I was at a very low point in my life with my marriage falling apart and she told me I have a hole in my heart.    She told me that "people are going to do what they do".  In other words, as our marriage councilor told me---"Do you want to spend the next 40 years with this man?"  Well, I am rambling.

Have a great day everyone!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Linny t:
 Some day...maybe when I retire...

There you go. Something to look forward to.

I might have mentioned it, but as I was browsing through hand embroideries on Pinterest  I saw that someone had pinned a hand embroidery of yours from this site. The peacock feather from our CQ media. I recognized it right away. I thought it was so cool that it was there.  Such a beautiful piece.

• Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane:
I feel that if we are artistic, we have to express it in some way.

You are so right. It took me most of my life to realize that. My DH made a comment to me not so long ago. He laughingly said, "You're just not happy unless you have some kind of project going on, are you?"  No. Projects bring meaning and sense of accomplishment to me that I don't find in doing the normal routine.

It sounds like your spiritual adviser helped you through a tough time, and gave you great advice. Sometimes it helps the most to talk to someone that isn't directly involved like family, friends. Because they're not involved, they can offer honest opinions  without feeling the pressure of losing their relationship with you.

Ground Hog day was a classic funny movie. LOL. Haven't seen that one in years.

I surely wish you the best in becoming comfortable and relaxing in the care of your friend's mother.....     

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 3 2014 6:54 PM

Diane:
I feel that if we are artistic, we have to express it in some way.   I went to a very good "spiritual adviser" who I have seen several times over the years.  She saw me for an hour each time and really gave me insight.  Once she told me that I needed to express my artistic ability and get my sense of humor back because I was very funny.  I was at a very low point in my life with my marriage falling apart and she told me I have a hole in my heart.    She told me that "people are going to do what they do".  In other words, as our marriage councilor told me---"Do you want to spend the next 40 years with this man?"  Well, I am rambling.

I think you are so right, Diane.  I get depressed when I don't create.  It's my therapy.  When I don't, I feel as though I'm not living right.  As for marriages ending, well, it happens.  People do what they do is exactly why.  We try to hang on and it ends up being longer than we should.  It's a hard fact to face when it's over.  It happens, though.  It sure did happen to me...twice...  You marry one person and then they turn into someone else given enough time, sometimes.  When I faced the fact that I must not be a good judge of men, Ricky came along.  I resisted him with everything I had, too.  He wouldn't stop trying to win my heart and he finally did.  It took 10 years before I would agree to marry him.  Then we were only married a little over 2 years when he died.  Go figure.  It still makes me wonder what life would be if he didn't get sick.  I still ask God what that was all about.  Still haven't gotten an answer, lol.

I'm glad you chose to be creative and that you got your sense of humor back.  Living without those 2 things would make a life not worth living in my humble opinion.  If you hadn't, we would have likely never met you and seen your beautiful work.  We're all cracked pots and when we think we'd like to be perfect we realize that being cracked is what makes us better artists and more creative.  That's not something I'm willing to give up for a "perfect" life.  If you only knew about my life, you'd laugh, lol.  I do all the time.  I think it's also important to laugh at ourselves sometimes.  I find myself hilarious at times, lol.  I wonder if Van Gough ever laughed at himself.  Probably not enough considering his end.  I guess what I'm saying is that if you were born creative, then you'd better create or be miserable, but don't take your life too seriously because being creative does not always make for an easy life...just a richer one.  Now if I could only get up the nerve to take the leap Stephanie was talking about, lol.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Linny t:
It sure did happen to me...twice...  You marry one person and then they turn into someone else given enough time, sometimes.  When I faced the fact that I must not be a good judge of men, Ricky came along.  I resisted him with everything I had, too.  He wouldn't stop trying to win my heart and he finally did.  It took 10 years before I would agree to marry him.  Then we were only married a little over 2 years when he died.  Go figure.  It still makes me wonder what life would be if he didn't get sick.  I still ask God what that was all about.  Still haven't gotten an answer, lol.

Boy, Linny you have described my life as well.  My first husband told me just shy of our 2 yr anniversary to give in gracefully and get the blank out of his life.  I was devastated and went to my parents to seek their advise.  My mother said "that is the first sensible thing that man has said to you since you met him.  Listen!"

I was pretty sure that I was a poor judge of men and that I would just live the rest of my life alone.  I was content with that choice.  Almost 10 years later, Tim wandered into my life and he sought me hard.  I resisted as long as I could but fate won and we got married.  I wonder what our life would have been like if he were healthy but that was not the life God intended for us.  I ask Him and He hasn't answered me either.  So I count my blessings and thank God whenever I remember because I know that not everyone is as fortunate.

Stepping down off the soap box.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Linny t:
am always too afraid of taking that leap, too.  People have told me to start selling my work, too, but I never feel like I can live without that certainty.  I guess security comes at too big a price for me to take the risk.  Some day...maybe when I retire...

Taking that leap is easier when you are not alone.  For you, a single woman, that would be a scary prospect.

When I quit my job, our family's income was cut in half.  Tim was so supportive and had such a positive attitude.  He told me God would provide and He has.  We don't live the same lifestyle we did when I worked full time but we don't go without either.  That was when I decided to pursue my quilting on a more aggressive note, but I don't think I would have done it without him by my side. 

There is retirement to look forward to.  In the meantime, create when you can.  That is all you can do

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 162 of 237 (3542 items) «Prev160161162163164Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use