My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,640 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 28,635

Linny t:
Hope you can manage it when the time comes.  It sounds heavy.  I keep forgetting you're still young enough to deal with it. 

Linny, thanks for the compliment.  I am not as young as the age of my child would suggest.  I will be 57 this year. 

I hope that I will be able to make this happen. 

Linny t:
saw those boxes in their sidewalk sale area.  I'll be tempted to go there tomorrow

I succumbed to the temptation of buying more boxes when Kyle and I went to dinner.  We were a block away from Michael's and I bought 6 more.  I now have 10 and half are in use.  I have plans for at least 2 more and am sure that the remaining will be in use in no time at all.  Found more Hello Kitty items when I was there.  I bought a journal and pen to go with the lunchbox.

Linny t:
I went out bumming with Barb today

Glad that you and Barb got to spend time together.  That is so important. 

Linny t:
I hope Kyle's dinner celebration was very happy and special

He decided to be shy about the fact that it was his birthday.  He chose to go to Olive Garden.  He ordered a Dr. Pepper to drink and didn't want dessert.  No special celebration.  He did go to a friend's house when we got home.    Guess that was the way it should be.  Celebrating with Mom on your 21st is not cool.

Linny t:
Good news about Tim's test results. 

We were happy with the results.  Now we are just waiting for the MRI to see how he responded to the radiation in March.  We don't know when the MRI will be because the doctor hadn't scheduled it yet when we were there on Friday.  With the holiday weekend it will be Tuesday before they schedule.  We see the oncologist on June 17 and the MRI needs to be before then.  They usually break it up into two scans [head-1hour, spine-2hours]  Means two trips to the hospital and then another the  next week to get results.  All part of staying healthy when you have had the problems Tim has.  You can appreciate that with all that Barb has gone thru.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 28,635

Robin:
bought fabric for a cream and beige quilt for one of Laurie's wedding presents.   I'm hoping I can slip around and do it as a surprise.

Robin, that will be a challenge but I am sure you are up to the task. 

When does Laurie begin her job?  With any luck she will be at work and give you some time to work each day.

Robin:
Two more weeks and this year will be done.

Counting the days down for you.  Hope that they go quickly and that you will not be obligated to do as much this summer as you have had to in the past couple years.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 28,635

Stephanie:
We woke up this morning to no air conditioning

That would be miserable. 

Glad that they were able to come and service quickly and that the issue was not too complicated.    A little "love" for the inside coils would not be a bad thing.

So glad that you and Mike got to have a date night and that the dinner was good.  Too bad that the AC wasn't working at the restaurant. 

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, May 26 2014 2:53 AM

Linny t:
I've never had Peruvian food.  I wouldn't even know what to order.  The first thing that comes to mind is Yaks, lol.  What's it like?

Harder to pronounce than Italian in their native language.  At least until you hear it spoken. But the descriptions were all broken down. I had a tenderloin that had a spicy sauce over it. I thought it was awesome with the spiciness. Purple potatoes, and some steamed veg's. There was corn in them that had kernels about 4 times the size of any I had ever seen. And as an appetizer they brought some of them roasted. Like corn nuts. With three kinds of dips. Mike wasn't as big a fan as I was. He doesn't care for cilantro, and some of the spice. But the service was so wonderful and attentive, and the steak was the most flavorful I've had in years. Cooked to perfection. The food on the plates was placed like a chef had taken personal care to make it a work of art.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, May 26 2014 3:04 AM

Darlene :

Yes that is a lot but the frame is one piece and it is the bulk of the weight. .  50 pounds was a must in my younger days when I worked in the bakery.  We had 50 lb bags of mix and cubes of grease.  Then I was a bartender and had to move kegs of beer.   I hope that I can get to the point that I can hoist this in and out of the car again  We will see.

Sounds like you've had a lot of experience in the physical nature. I won't worry so much. I'll be 57 this year too. I've never been an athletic person, but I think in a way it's good for me to have a physical job. Keeps the bones strong. 

Darlene :
Bad thing was that I fell asleep and then woke up at midnight and couldn't sleep.

That's my problem too. I don't mind it so much since I have my sewing room I can come into. It's on the other side of the house, so I don't disturb anyone. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, May 26 2014 3:11 AM

Darlene :
Loved the story about your sister.  I can imagine that she was not happy with your laughter at her pain.

My sis is a one in a million. She reminds me of the late Erma Bombeck, if you've ever been familiar with her. She can take the worst situation and spin it into the funniest story ever. When we get together we  laugh so hard at each other we cough and choke and have to slow down. LOL.  I wish she lived closer....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, May 26 2014 3:24 AM

Darlene :
He decided to be shy about the fact that it was his birthday.  He chose to go to Olive Garden.  He ordered a Dr. Pepper to drink and didn't want dessert.  No special celebration.  He did go to a friend's house when we got home.    Guess that was the way it should be.  Celebrating with Mom on your 21st is not cool.

Sounds like Paul at that age. They come full circle as they get older. It was a wonderful gesture that you took him out to celebrate the big day...

Darlene :
All part of staying healthy when you have had the problems Tim has.  You can appreciate that with all that Barb has gone thru.

It has to be tough emotionally to wonder and worry every time you have an appointment if it will be bad news.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, May 26 2014 3:24 AM

Darlene :

Sounds like Paul at that age. They come full circle as they get older. It was a wonderful gesture that you took him out to celebrate the big day...

Darlene :
All part of staying healthy when you have had the problems Tim has.  You can appreciate that with all that Barb has gone thru.

It has to be tough emotionally to wonder and worry every time you have an appointment if it will be bad news.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,185
Points 69,200
Robin replied on Mon, May 26 2014 5:27 AM

Stephanie:

Robin:

I'm up at it a little later than usual this morning.   I slept in hoping that it would improve my disposition. 

The car wash is done and that is one more thing down before the end of the school year.

Yesterday Donn and I took my machine in for repair and bought fabric for a cream and beige quilt for one of Laurie's wedding presents.   I'm hoping I can slip around and do it as a surprise.

Bless your heart Robin. I hope sleeping in was a good thing for you. I missed when the date for Laurie's wedding is? I hope it works out that you can finish a quilt for them. That would be a really special gift.

Hurray on the countdown of two weeks. We'll be counting the days with you. :0)

Stephanie,

Laurie's wedding date is May 9, 2015.   Chris will be graduating May 2, 2015 and then going on to PT school.  She wants to be able to go with him when he moves.   He hoping for a school in central Florida.

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 4,040
Jo1030 replied on Mon, May 26 2014 5:30 AM

Darlene :

Hope that your gathering was well attended and that you had some yummy food.

Your pasta salad sounded so good I think I will be making some for us tomorrow.

The Fellowship Meal was well attended and the food was very good.....they ate all my pasta salad which is always a good sign.  I put some sour cream, bread crumbs and seasoned salt in my hamburger and that made them really good. It makes them soft (fall apart easy) and brown/burn quickly; but they are ohhhhh so good that way.  I don't measure, I just put some in.  Try it some time!  I saw it on line or I would never have thought of it.  I also put two different kinds of mustard in them.     Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,185
Points 69,200
Robin replied on Mon, May 26 2014 5:30 AM

Linny t:

Robin:
Yesterday Donn and I took my machine in for repair and bought fabric for a cream and beige quilt for one of Laurie's wedding presents.   I'm hoping I can slip around and do it as a surprise.
  Cream and beige is so wonderful, especially for a wedding present.  Do you have a pattern picked out yet?  Hopefully, between the new job and the wedding she'll be so occupied she won't notice you making her a quilt.  It's a good thing school is almost over for the year.  I bet you'll be relieved when it is.  Do they have you going for training again this summer? 

Linny,

I have two trainings in June.  One is for a day the other is for a week.   The one for the week is the Culinary training I did last year in Miami.  This training is a four year program and I'll be attending year 2.   Then I have to take the kids to Nationals in July.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,185
Points 69,200
Robin replied on Mon, May 26 2014 5:35 AM

Darlene :

Robin:
bought fabric for a cream and beige quilt for one of Laurie's wedding presents.   I'm hoping I can slip around and do it as a surprise.

Robin, that will be a challenge but I am sure you are up to the task. 

When does Laurie begin her job?  With any luck she will be at work and give you some time to work each day.

Robin:
Two more weeks and this year will be done.

Counting the days down for you.  Hope that they go quickly and that you will not be obligated to do as much this summer as you have had to in the past couple years.

Darlene,

Laurie starts her job as soon as she completes her clearance with FDLE.  She did her fingerprints last week I think.  So it will probably be when school lets out.     As to the training I have a couple in June and the conference with the kids in July.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,185
Points 69,200
Robin replied on Mon, May 26 2014 5:47 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Memorial Day.  

I hope that each of you have an outstanding day.    I'll be finishing up the grading that I have to complete.   When it's done I'll have a few odds and ends and finals to grade in order to complete the year. 

Laurie will be working 10 hour days 4 days a week all summer so I should be able to make the top with out any problems.  Then I'll take it to a local longarm quilter.   The pattern is a combinations of a shoo fly block and a nine patch.   I wanted something traditional, but she wanted cream and white so this is a compromise.   

Lillie,   I hope you have this day to rest your knee.

Stephanie,  I'm glad your ac was not a big ticket fix.

Linny,  Glad you had some bumming around time with Barb.

Diane,  I bet it does feel good to get a car to drive around.  It is so hard not to have access to regular transportation.

Jo,   I hope your picnic was fun.

Mamag, There is no such thing as to much fabric.   Enjoy every piece.

Darlene,  I'm glad to hear that you got some extra rest.

Have a great day everyone,

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 403
Points 6,980
lilliepad replied on Mon, May 26 2014 6:46 AM

Sunday was a productive day for me, although none of it was in my sewing room. Planted everything for the veggie garden. Just have to pop some corn kernels into the ground this morning. Wouldn't you know it, rained really hard yesterday evening. Thankfully,there was no hail. That is usually what happens right after I put the veggies in the ground. lol

I did have a tiny spark yesterday. I started doing some Zentangle drawing again. That was fun.

Also, I grilled lobster for our dinner last night. It was very easy. The meat pulled away from the shell with little to no fuss. That was a pleasant surprise. I YouTubed the directions for grilling lobster. Even made the herb butter, minus the garlic, as suggested. Delish!!!  They were tiny lobsters. Just about 4oz each. Perfect size. Steamed some green beans with pine nuts. DH made some homemade bread. It was piping hot out of the oven when we sat down to eat. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 207
Points 4,660
Donna C replied on Mon, May 26 2014 4:06 PM

It's been about a month since my last post on this thread, due to several things:  giving my daughter a baby shower, making a Renaissance "doublet" for DH, and BECOMING A NEW GRANDMA!  That was May 14th.  Then after that, spending lots of time with them and entertaining in-laws and other family come to visit the baby.  Just a reminder:  my daughter, Anne, and her husband, Eric, adopted this newborn baby through an agency associated with Texas CPS and foster child programs.  They really weren't expecting to get a newborn, much less a white child, but thanks to God, this is exactly what they got.  This was an answer to everyone's prayers.  His name is Cedric Ethan Geswender, 7 lb., 11 oz., 19 in.  I'm including a couple of pics from this doting grandma.  The first one shows him on his first day, his mom, Anne, and me; the second, he was 1 week, 4 days old.  You may can tell I was crying with joy in that first one!  The proud adopting parents were able to get a room at the hospital where he was born.  They even met the birth mom who had chosen them for her baby.  It was a sad situation, but she was glad to get it over and have a good family for him.  Anne and Eric could stay with him there until they officially signed the papers on Friday, the 16th.  He's been in great health, eats every 4 hours or so, and sleeps most of the other time.  I had forgotten how much newborns sleep.  However, I know Anne and Eric are both loosing a lot of sleep with the late night and early morning feedings.  Thankfully Anne's taking a month off, and Eric, a week.  They have a retired pediatric nurse who will be coming to their house to babysit when Anne goes back to work.  They met her at their church in Galveston.  How lucky is that?!  Of course, Grandma will be happy to make the trip down there to babysit whenever!  :)

I've really enjoyed readying some of your posts since I last appeared here, but I have several more pages to go.  I loved the pictures of the quilting for sure, absolutely beautiful work from many of you!  I stand amazed and eager to learn more.  Right now I'm working on knitting a sweater and a hat for Cedric for next Fall.  I already quilted him a big pillow for his play and reading corner of his nursery, and may post that later.  It was very plain, though, but with the colors she wanted for the nursery:  greens, blues, and browns.

• Post Points: 80
Page 156 of 310 (4641 items) «Prev154155156157158Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.