This post has 3,324 Replies | 12 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,840
Jo1030 replied on Fri, May 9 2014 4:54 AM

Robin:
Jo,  So glad to hear that you have that procedure behind you

Thanks for all your concern....I feel better today already.  The doctor said there was just one polyp and it was flat; he wasn't too concerned about it.  I think they still send it out.  I think I just had too much scheduled close together......... 3 teeth pulled last Fri., bad headache on Mon., started getting a cold on Tues., Prep on Wed., Colonosocopy on Thur. and believe it or not a mammogram today and then back to have the dentist check the fit on my partials.  

Lillie congratulations on your new job; it sounds like something you will love.  You will probably be able to quilt your own quilts there too.

Robin, it must be so hard to teach when things are in such an uproar at your school. I hope your students and the principal appreciate you!

My laptop didn't come on Wed. as it was suppose to and I had paid $3.00 to have it come then.  I got an email yesterday that it will be here Mon. I have requested a refund of the $3.  I don't usually pay extra for quicker service, but I was anxious.  It was free otherwise.

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 216
Points 4,020

The "prep" is the worst thing about the whole procedure. From 6:00 at night to 8:00 in the morning, you're just going, going, going. And exhausted because you didn't really get any restful sleep. 

My friend had this done last year and they gave her some new stuff to take. Well, the new stuff wasn't as good as the old stuff and didn't clean her out. So they had to reschedule for the next morning. OMG!!!!  Anther day of starving and another round to "prep". She was so exhausted she didn't care. She just wanted to go home and sleep before she had to "prep" again. 

I have to have this procedure every 5 years because my father had colon cancer. Next year it's me again. Oh joy! I can hardly wait.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Fri, May 9 2014 10:13 AM

Jo1030:
Thanks for all your concern....I feel better today already.  The doctor said there was just one polyp and it was flat; he wasn't too concerned about it.  I think they still send it out.  I think I just had too much scheduled close together......... 3 teeth pulled last Fri., bad headache on Mon., started getting a cold on Tues., Prep on Wed., Colonosocopy on Thur. and believe it or not a mammogram today and then back to have the dentist check the fit on my partials.
 You've really been through the mill this month already.  I hate mamograms.  You'd think they'd have already come up with a more dignified approach.  Hope yours is over and you're resting.  Good news on the colonoscopy.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Fri, May 9 2014 10:17 AM

Robin:
This weekend is jamming up to be a full packed one again.   I've got Laurie's Graduation from Valdosta State University on Saturday and friends and family over for after the graduation for a small gathering.   Thank God Keeley has been home all week and has become Mom's little cleaning machine.  She has deep cleaned every room in the house except the bathroom which she promises to tackle today.
 Congratulations on Laurie's graduation.  I hope you feel better soon.  I didn't realize it was almost the end of the school year again.  No wonder you're so extra busy.  I don't know how you keep up with it all.  Have fun this weekend!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Fri, May 9 2014 10:34 AM

Jo1030:

Sounds like you had a really bad week Jo.  So sorry.  It's behind you now.  My doctor told me to come back in 5 years but didn't.  We have breast cancer in my family.  I need to get a mammogram but haven't for a while.  I do self breast examination.  I have a close friend who knew she had a lump--went for a mammogram--they told her it was clear but she had breast cancer stage 4.  Kind of scary.

I am doing the finishing touches on Lillie's block and hopefully will mail it tomorrow.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Fri, May 9 2014 5:34 PM

Lillie,

I mailed Diane's block today.  Suppose to arrive Monday but that's not guaranteed.  I did get a tracking number on it.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Sat, May 10 2014 3:15 AM

Good Morning All,

I hope your day is off to a good start and everyone is feeling well.

I'm up and going mainly because I couldn't sleep.   I woke up to room layouts running through my head.   So I decided to get up and get on the chores I need to get done before we go to Laurie's graduation at 10:00.   It's hard to believe that she is finished with yet another degree.   She on to job hunting and still waiting for "the question". Anyway I've got potatoe salad and pasta salad to make.   We have a few friends and family coming in after graduation. 

So thankful that Keeley came home when she did.  She has been a God send this week.  Cleaned the house from top to bottom and then worked on lots of the meal prep yesterday so I have less to stress about this morning. 

Well, that's all that's happening in the Smith's household.   Take care and stay out of trouble.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Sat, May 10 2014 6:21 AM

Robin:

Lillie,

I mailed Diane's block today.  Suppose to arrive Monday but that's not guaranteed.  I did get a tracking number on it.

Robin

Robin, did you post a pic somewhere?  I didn't see it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Sat, May 10 2014 6:24 AM

Robin, you've got a full day ahead.  How exciting to see your daughter graduate again.  You're so lucky to have such wonderful daughters.  God bless Keely for helping with the house cleaning and the food prep.  I am wishing you a second wind at about 2 PM, lol.  God bless you all and hope you get lots of happy memories today.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Sat, May 10 2014 6:27 AM

Diane:

I am doing the finishing touches on Lillie's block and hopefully will mail it tomorrow.

I am still working on Stephanie's block.  I got behind with all the Audra moving stuff.  I'm hoping to finish this weekend, so wish me luck.

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 216
Points 4,020
lilliepad replied on Sat, May 10 2014 6:30 AM

Diane:

Woo hoo Diane. Can't wait to see pics.

I've finished Linny's Etui. Just have to put my name on it and write my story in her journal. I hope to get it in the mail to Stephanie on Tues  I'll post pics next week.

Yesterday was my first day at work 9-5. It was a rough one on my knee. Had to sit and ice it more often that I would have liked. I know it will get better as time goes on. I'm only working 5 days a month to start. That's enough for me right now.

I absolutely loved it. I can't wait until I know enough that I can be left on my own.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 216
Points 4,020
lilliepad replied on Sat, May 10 2014 6:31 AM

Robin:

Lillie,

Robin

Thanks Robin. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Sat, May 10 2014 10:37 AM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone,

I spent the evening finishing Diane's block.   I hope you like it.

Here it is Linny!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Sat, May 10 2014 11:40 AM

Robin---I love the work you did on my block.  I love the big flower, the pink flowers that look like cherry blossoms to me.  It's just gorgeous and all I can say is Thank YOU.

I'm sure there is more to see as  I look at it more.

Sounds like an exciting weekend Robin.  Have a blast.  When it's over, you'll sleep like a log. lol

I finished Lillie's block and will post pics soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Sat, May 10 2014 5:10 PM

Good Evening Everyone,

Well it's official.   Early this week Chris (Laurie's boyfriend) came and asked Donn for her hand. Of course Donn said yes.   What else could you say after 8 years? So today after the graduation he popped the question in our front yard with both sets of parents watching.  She said yes so we have a wedding to plan.  So happy Mothers Day to me. I get a son.

Robin

Page 139 of 222 (3325 items) «Prev137138139140141Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use