My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,643 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 28,635

lilliepad:

Turns out Dell could not fix my problem remotely. I'll have to send it to Dell to be fixed. Good thing I still have my desktop computer, slow as it is. It still works. I'll be without my laptop for almost 3 weeks. Grrr...

All I can say is bummer!!. What a shame that you have to be without your lap top.  Hope they are able to resolve your issues soon. 

Hang in there with the slow and pokey desk top.  Remember:  "Slow and steady wins the race"

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 28,635

Diane:
got on the Charter House bus

Diane, good for you.  What a pleasure it is when you can get out and do some simple things for yourself.

Keep it up. 

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 28,635

Stephanie, so glad that Bella is doing well and that the other dogs miss her.  Sounds like she is on the road to recovery.

Keeping her separated will be a challenge.  Don't envy you that.  Hard enough keeping her from being too active.  Never had an animal come home with drains in. 

Hope that all continues to improve for her.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 28,635

Robin:
it's official I have the crude

Robin. so sorry you are sick.  I know this was a couple days ago, so I'm hoping you are feeling better. It is so hard to not be 100% when life is busy 

Listen to your body and try not to do too much.  [easier said than done]

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 28,635

Linny, had a nice long post typed in and it suddenly I am on some other wed site log in screen. 

No idea what I had posted or what happened.

Long story short, I guess I was grumping when I shouldn't have been.

Getting ready for the Community Days south of Corning, NY this Saturday.  Plans have changed and we will having 2 tents this year.  I am nervous about the extra inventory but my local, quilty friend will be with me and she has been making things to fill some of the space in the second tent.  She has been making greeting cards and has such an eye for the mixing of papers.  Kind of crazy quilting with paper.  I taught her to crazy quilt and she makes beautiful things but she prefers smaller projects.  She has made some really nice wall hangings.  She enjoys applique and most of them are appliqued.  This is good because applique is not among my favorite techniques and we add more product mix this way.

Hope it stays dry.  The cards will not do well if there is rain.  Of course, the weatherman is calling for chance of rain.  I don't think we have ever done this event without getting wet.  Last year it rained during set up and then the sun came out and it was a beautiful day.  But, everything got wet during set up.  Year before that we had to close down early because of thunder and lightning.  Sounds crazy to continue to go to this each year but the sales are really good. and fees are reasonable.

We stay at her sister's house which is within walking distance of the event.  They close off the main road and vendors set up in the street.  I really enjoy this type of event.  Sister texted me the other day to ask if I was bringing a certain item I had just started making last year before this event.  Her co-workers are asking for them.  Today I worked on getting more made.  I have 49 but not sure if that is enough.  I have sold 40 in one day.  Seems when you get down to just a few left, people aren't interested in looking.  I have never sold out of anything so I always try to have half as much more than I want to sell.   Does that make sense??

I have been so frustrated with my modern sewing machines.  They are all plastic, computerized and so touchy.  My Brother continues to work well since I got the replacement part but I can't put my walking foot on.  The last time I took this machine to be serviced, the guy tightened up the screw so much that I can't get it to budge.  Needless to say, I am not taking machines for service to that shop again.  I have found a new place for service which is run by Mennonites and everyone who has taken a machine there raves about the service.

I have been researching and would love to have a Featherweight.  It is on my "someday" list of acquisitions.  I was talking with a dear friend of mine on Sunday.  He was asking for me to make something for his wife to take to their daughter in FL later this month.  We got to talking about machines and what not.  I mentioned that I was looking for a Featherweight.  He told me that he has his mother's machine in the cabinet in his basement and that he could not find anyone who wanted it.  I asked him if I could buy it.  He told me no, I could have it.  Kyle and I will be going over there tomorrow to pick it up.  I am hoping that I can figure out how to take it out of the cabinet so that I can take it to be serviced.  I would really prefer not to have someone come here.  It costs so much more for house calls.  I have no idea what this machine is but he tells me it is similar to what our quilting group uses.  Normally I would not put much into a man saying this but he is the type of man who pays attention to detail and so I trust that it is.

Well, the dungeon is calling.  I have market bags to put handles on, a sandwiched quilt which needs to be quilted and my consignment shops would like something fresh. 

Hope that all is well.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583

Darlene :
Never had an animal come home with drains in. 

They look like pieces of aquarium air tube coming right out of the wound. I'd take a pic, but it is sure to turn a stomach

Darlene :
Hope that all continues to improve for her.

Thank you. She's doing really well. She finally caved into getting some sleep. Snores abound.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583

Darlene :
Getting ready for the Community Days south of Corning, NY this Saturday.

Your plans sound awesome. So great that you have a friend coming to share her wares as well. I hope the weather holds out and sales are fantastic. I think it makes sense to have half again as much as you expect to sell. Gives people a thought of more choice in picking

Darlene :
He told me that he has his mother's machine in the cabinet in his basement and that he could not find anyone who wanted it.  I asked him if I could buy it.  He told me no, I could have it.

It would be the best surprise if it turns out to be a Featherweight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope you got everything finished that you had plans for....

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 169
Points 4,250
Jo1030 replied on Wed, May 7 2014 6:51 AM

Stephanie:
She's home from her surgery.

Poor little Bella; I am glad she finally got some sleep. It may have been the medicine that they gave her that made her unable to sleep.  I had a dog once that had alergeries and the vet said to give her Benedryl, I did and she didn't sleep all night. She would lie down and try to go to sleep and would pop up every few seconds.  George and I always put words in Sammy's mouth and try to figure what he is saying.  He answers us when we talk to him or ask him a question and we try to decide if it is "yes" or "no".  I swear when he wants out he says " I want out".  He just makes different sounds then. I always ask him "do you want out"?   I am sure you all have heard dogs that say " I love you".

Darlene, good luck with you sales!

I think the flower pots are "glowing"; except the place where I wanted to put them has a street light and there is toooooo much light.  I will have to move them to the other side of the house.  I really notice the older I get the less my mind works correctly!  I should have thought about the street light.

Sorry about your laptop, Lillie.  I have a new HP laptop coming today.  When I purchased my laptop, I got one with a 10" screen because I thought it would not take up too much space. I have had it 4 - 5 years and it is getting slow and it is hard to see some of the things on it.  The new one is 15.5"   

Today is my "prep" day.  UGH!  I start at noon and will be spending most of the afternoon in the bathroom.  I will be glad when tomorrow is over.    Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,620
Points 118,255
Linny t replied on Wed, May 7 2014 11:02 AM

Darlene, sounds like your summer expos are all lining up, aren't they?  The one where you spend the night at the sister's house sounds like fun...almost a get away.   I hope the rain holds off.   You're just sewing your little fingers off, aren't you?  I think the featherweight is an answer to your prayers, don't you?  I agree that the modern machines with synthetic gears and misc. parts are the pits.  I hope the Mennonite repair person does it quick and cheap...and right.  Darn that other guy for tightening the screw down so hard.  The last thing you need now is to have trouble with sewing machines.

Hope the dungeon was kind to you last night...

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,620
Points 118,255
Linny t replied on Wed, May 7 2014 11:05 AM

Jo1030:
I think the flower pots are "glowing"; except the place where I wanted to put them has a street light and there is toooooo much light.  I will have to move them to the other side of the house.  I really notice the older I get the less my mind works correctly!  I should have thought about the street light.
 I'm so glad they are glowing.  The only consolation with our aging minds is that we're not alone...there are lots of us, lol.  I heard that the baby boom generation will double the number of retirees.  We're all in that group, right?

Jo1030:
Today is my "prep" day.  UGH!  I start at noon and will be spending most of the afternoon in the bathroom.  I will be glad when tomorrow is over.
 Ugh, is right.  I hope the whole thing goes smoothly and they're able to do the repair without any complications.  What time is your procedure?  I'll say extra prayers for you.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,620
Points 118,255
Linny t replied on Wed, May 7 2014 11:06 AM

Stephanie:
She's doing really well. She finally caved into getting some sleep. Snores abound.
 This made me smile.   Little Bella snores :)

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 44,405
Diane replied on Wed, May 7 2014 2:17 PM

Mother's Day is coming.  I hope all of you mothers have a wonderful time.  Don't know what I'm doing yet--probably get together with a friend for dinner.

I thought I posted a message yesterday but I don't see it.

Stephanie--glad to hear that Bella is progressing so well and finally got sleep.  What kind of surgery did she have?  A growth?

Darlene good luck with you spring sales.

Robin--feel better.

If I left anyone out--which I did---so sorry.

Have a great day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583

Diane:

I hope all of you mothers have a wonderful time.  Don't know what I'm doing yet--probably get together with a friend for dinner.

I thought I posted a message yesterday but I don't see it.

Hope you are able to go, and have a great time. 

Diane:
 What kind of surgery did she have?  A growth?

She developed a tumor on one of her doggyboobs.  It was getting larger, and very firm. She wasn't in any pain from it, but I worried it was cancer. Luckily her bloodwork came back good with no cancer indicators so we didn't send it off to be biopsied. The vet said it's very expensive to do that, and she didn't feel it necessary. I felt a plop in my bed at 2 am. She had jumped up there and tucked herself under the covers. LOL.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583

Jo1030:
the vet said to give her Benedryl, I did and she didn't sleep all night. She would lie down and try to go to sleep and would pop up every few seconds.

Sometimes the medicine is crazy in itself. Benadryl affects me that way too. LOL.Sometimes, I can sleep, and others I'm wired. Thank goodness I rarely have to take allergy meds anymore. The male BT is allergic to dog food. He coughs and coughs. We've switched him over to chicken and rice and his cough is gone. Unless he gets into another dogs food. We have to keep a close eye on him. That was cute about Sammy having a separate meow for wanting to go out.

Oh, darn about the street lights keeping your pots from glowing. I think that was an honest thing to miss, really. It's hard to think of everything, especially when you're working with something new like that. I can however relate to minds slowing down. I think of how I used to multi task. Not anymore. LOL

Jo1030:
 I have a new HP laptop coming today.

That'll be so much fun to have the bigger screen, and a fast laptop. I've had to bring a lot of my equipment up to date this past few months. Router, printer, laptop. I'm just thrilled at being able to watch movies and some of my old favorite shows without the stalls of slow downloads, and too many things going on in the background. Have fun with your new toy...   

Jo1030:
Today is my "prep" day.  UGH!  I start at noon and will be spending most of the afternoon in the bathroom.  I will be glad when tomorrow is over.    Hugs,

I sure feel for you Jo. Hope everything goes well for you.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 44,405
Diane replied on Wed, May 7 2014 6:22 PM

It's amazing how quickly animals get well?  My cat did that the next day.  Glad she is feeling better.

Jo, so sorry you are having to do your prep.  That is hard to do.  You get hungry.  It will soon be over.

Page 137 of 310 (4644 items) «Prev135136137138139Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.