My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,643 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,271
Points 45,375
Diane replied on Thu, May 1 2014 12:46 PM

Lillie---I admire your bravery.  You did a little too much but at least you tried!

Today is sunny and 75 degrees.  Still very humid but at least its not raining.  We are having high winds too---don't thing 70mph but it's there.

Have a good day eveyone.  I hope you have recooped Lillie.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,271
Points 45,375
Diane replied on Thu, May 1 2014 12:55 PM

Here is a pic of my cat Ange and my bearded dragon Guido.

Here is Tonie--a better picture of her coloration.  She is relaxed--you can see it in her eyes--lid slightly dropped. She is feisty though!

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 284
Points 6,255
Donna C replied on Thu, May 1 2014 7:47 PM

Diane:

Here is a pic of my cat Ange and my bearded dragon Guido.

Here is Tonie--a better picture of her coloration.  She is relaxed--you can see it in her eyes--lid slightly dropped. She is feisty though!

I love these pictures, Diane.  Your animals look like they have sweet personalities.

Mamag, so sorry you lost your cell phone.  That's why we haven't heard from you.  I was worried.  I hope you get it replaced or returned soon.

Lilly, so sorry your knee is hurting.  Our bodies talk to us like that sometimes, saying to you probably "Be careful.  I'm not quite ready for all this yet!"

Robin, your husband sounds like a keeper.

Everyone, the weather sounds like it's been a real issue for most of you, but I'm so glad all of you are OK!  My part of Houston escaped even the rain.  Y'all send us some!  I've been out watering every day.  The temps have been great, though, the past few days, like highs in the mid 70s.

It looks like I'm not going to get to much quilting for awhile.  I've been cutting out my DH's Renaissance doublet.  I hate fitting the pattern and cutting it out.  The pattern had to be enlarged 4 inches all around.  McCalls' largest men's size is Xlg, but Tom's a 2x.  He's really working on loosing weight, and has lost from 307 to 279, but it's a real struggle for him.  If this is too big for him by the time of the festival in the Fall that's ok because he needs it.  I can take it up easier than letting it out.

Looking forward to Sunday.  Both my son and daughter and their spouses, and my stepson are coming to see us.  We're cooking out.  I can't even remember when we were all together like this it's been so long.  They don't live more than 1hour away max.  My dream is that this becomes something we do on a regular basis.

So, I'm probably going to be incomunicada until next week, so I'm wishing you all a beautiful weekend in every way.

Donna C.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,738
Points 120,385
Linny t replied on Thu, May 1 2014 8:36 PM

Diane, that picture of Ange and Guido is priceless.  Did Guido climb up on her back himself?  He's a really beautiful creature, too.  She's a really tolerant kitty  Pretty, too.  Mine would have freaked right out.  Tonie is really a beautiful animal.  I love her coloring.  It's so interesting how you can tell by her eyes how her mood is.  Look at those claws, too.  She really has long toes.  I bet when she gets feisty you stay away from them, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,738
Points 120,385
Linny t replied on Thu, May 1 2014 8:40 PM

Donna, I hope you have a wonderful visit with your family.  It's amazing that families can live so close and see each other so little, isn't it?  I know what you mean about having them all in one place together.  It does a mother's heart good to have that.

I hope you post progress pics of the doublet.  It sounds like a real challenge. 

Linny T

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 480
Points 8,325

That is amazing that the cat let's them climb all over it.

Beautiful colors.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,271
Points 45,375
Diane replied on Fri, May 2 2014 10:51 AM

My cat is so used to these lizards--she usually just walks away but this went on for about an hour. I think Guido loves her soft fur.

By the looks of her claws, Tonie will get much bigger.  She is shedding.  I like her for the size that she is but nature will take it's course.

Now it's the beginning of the month and I have to run errands.  It's such a busy time for me.

It's 65 and sunny here but very windy.  In Baltimore a whole street  went into a land slide yesterday!  Nostradomas was right!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,738
Points 120,385
Linny t replied on Fri, May 2 2014 2:19 PM

Diane:
My cat is so used to these lizards--she usually just walks away but this went on for about an hour. I think Guido loves her soft fur.
 I'm sure it's much nicer than his heat lamp, lol

Diane:
By the looks of her claws, Tonie will get much bigger.  She is shedding.  I like her for the size that she is but nature will take it's course.
How big do you think she'll get?

Diane:
It's 65 and sunny here but very windy.  In Baltimore a whole street  went into a land slide yesterday!  Nostradomas was right!
 We got the rain today, but no wind.  We had a tornado warning that was spooky for a bit, but it didn't touch down.  When it was close we had a huge dirt devil go through the parking lot here at work.  It was strong enough to fling open our front door and even spring the hinge a little.  Other than that, we're under a flood watch, so not as bad as the panhandle people.  It's scary when you have streets wash out from water.  Hope that stays away from you.

Linny T

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 480
Points 8,325

I just received an email from Craftsy. I won $50 of fabric!  I never win anything. I'm so excited. I'll send pics when it arrives.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 219
Points 5,340
Jo1030 replied on Fri, May 2 2014 5:20 PM

Linny t:
By the looks of her claws, Tonie will get much bigger.

I like the coloring of Tonie.  Can you trim her toenails?  Or are you not supposed to?  It seems like all animals can get used to one another if they are around each other enough.  They either are together or they learn to get out of the way/touch.  George had to carry Sammy in from outside last night because his friend "Buddy" the other yellow cat was out there with him and he didn't want to leave him.  Sammy hissed at George.  We try to keep him in at night because there are coyotes around and dogs that we are afraid will get him.

Well, my teeth are out and my partials in. I think everything will work out fine.  I shouldn't have any trouble with a dry socket as Diane did since the partials are covering the holes. Not much pain so far; the numbness is just wearing off.  I had them pulled 9:30 came home and slept till  2:00.  He gave me an Rx for mouthwash, antibiotic, and pain pills, so I should have everything covered.     Hugs,  Jo

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 29,210

lilliepad:
I can almost bend my knee to 130 degrees

Lillie, that is fantastic.

My right knee only bends to about 100 degrees and I think that is with some assistance,

Since my weight loss, I am using stairs much easier and in a "normal" fashion. [most days  LOL!]

Glad your recovery is going so well and you are getting around much better.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 29,210

lilliepad:
I won $50 of fabric

Good for you. Happy shopping [or do you not get to pick out your prize?]

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 29,210

Evening everyone.  Hope all is well for you.  Sounds like everyone survived the weather.  We have just had some rain and cooler temps.  Not happy but realize it could be worse.

It has been a busy week and I am falling asleep in my recliner.

Had my first craft event of the year.  It was the "show and sell" for the Mothers of Twins club.  They held their annual convention here in our little city and it was only 2 hours of sell time.  Not a bad event but also not a huge sale.  I sold most microwave bowl potholders.  Took 4 throw size quilts but didn't sell any.  :( 

Handed out a bunch of business cards.  Who knows, maybe someone will call and want one of them.

I stayed up too late last night and got up early this morning to get last minute stuff ready.  It was a bust because the things I worked on didn't sell.  Oh well, they are done for next sale.

Next week is the big community days that I go to each year outside of Corning, NY.  It is always a good day.  I am actually looking forward to time away from family.  Sad isn't it?  I really need this time away.  I need to make more microwave bowls before then.  I only have 32 left and my friend I stay with has told me that her co-workers are asking to be sure I will have them.  I have sold as many as 40 in one day so I know I need more.  Also, I had many comments about my color selection today.  Mostly greens left.  Not sure how that happened but I will have to cut some tomorrow and get them stitched.

I got my hair cut this afternoon and the girl who cut it mentioned another event in May at the county fairgrounds.  I spoke with a couple vendors today and they are doing this.  Scares me that they are still taking vendors two weeks before the event and that it is  a first time event but they have been advertising A LOT.  I gave her my business card and told her to have the chairperson contact me.

Seems like June will be here before I blink and then market starts.  I think I will be ready but who knows.

My MIL told me yesterday that I need some time away before I "jump" into my busy time.  I just laughed and told her that I didn't think it was in the budget.  She has offered to pay for me to take a vacation.  Tim is not sure he wants me to go away before the end of the semester.  I will probably not go any where but it was nice to dream for a brief moment.  Hoping that next weekend does the trick.

I had trouble with my post to Lillie.  Lost it twice.  I think it was me and not the site. 

I am going to try to get a couple quilts on Etsy tonight, if I can keep my eyes open.  Really need to do that.  Took the pictures and wrote up my description weeks ago.  Just haven't been in front of the computer.

Sending wishes of a pleasant Saturday to all.  I think most of mine will be spent in the dungeon and that is by choice so it will be pleasant.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 29,210

Forgot to share that I finished my QAYG this week.  Not thrilled with it but it is finished.

I will not tackle a QAYG project of this size again.  It was too big and difficult.  The back shows that I didn't match rows up as well as I could have.  I think part of my challenge was that I started this 3 years ago and worked on it randomly with several different machines.  The seam allowances were not consistent and so rows were of varying length.

If the back had all been one fabric, it would not have been so obvious.  Learning experience and I was able to put a fork in it and say "it is done"  LOL.

Here is a picture:

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,224
Points 70,040
Robin replied on Sat, May 3 2014 4:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up and about we have two fundraisers, a yard sale and a sweet booth at something called Fancy Flea, going on today so I'll be running around like a chicken with my head chopped off and to top it off I'm sick.  I allergy started acting up and it has not built up a lot of congestion.

Glad to hear everyone survived the weather.   I'm surprised by how chilly it turned here after the rain when through.

Jo,  Glad you teeth extraction went ok.   Hope you are still pain free this morning.

Lillie,  Congrats on winning your fabric. 

Darlene, Like your quilt.   Glad to hear that your bowls are doing so well and that you have some new shows in your line up.   I hope your weekend away is the get a way that you need.    And no it is not bad to want a little time away.   I think time away makes us appreciate what we have even more.    It was sweet of your MIL to offer to send you on a vacation.  It shows she appreciates how hard you work.

Well,  I've got to get up and get moving.   Yard sells in Madison County wait on no one.

Robin

Page 134 of 310 (4644 items) «Prev132133134135136Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.