rated by 0 users
This post has 3,822 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 5:10 PM

lilliepad:
I would like to have until May 10 to finish Linny's block and get it in the mail to Stephanie. Please let me know if there are any issues with my deadline.

May 10th to mail sounds good to me Lillie. I've been a bit in the same boat, and I'm trying something new (to me) for Robin's. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 5:17 PM

Robin:
I also think he might be concerned about how they will live and support themselves as if they get engaged now and married next spring he will still have two years of school left.   He wants to be a Physical Therapist and that is a 5 year degree program.   Knowing how he has been raised as the man is suppose to take care of things I'm sure there is some hesitation to marry and not be sure he can provide for her.    But I know it will all work out one way or another

Made me think of how long Paul held onto that ring before he popped the question to Melissa. He wanted everything to be just right.

I'm happy to hear they're going to fix Laurie's car. It'll be a big help for her not to have a car payment right now.

Robin:
Everyone else I hope you have a bright, cheerful, precious Wednesday.

Wishing you the same...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 6:10 PM

Robin:
He is alot like her Dad in some ways, which means you can push and pull but he's going to make the big decisions in his own time.
  It's sweet that she's picked someone like her Dad.  Sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 6:11 PM

Robin:

Seems like we turned the corner a little today.   The adjuster didn't total her car.  They are going to fix it which is for the best since it's paid for now will just have to wait and see what happens with the other things.

That's really good news.  Nice that she won't have to have a car payment on top of the whole thing.

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 134
Points 3,185
Donna C replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:56 PM

Stephanie:

My goodness Donna. Is it COPD? I just wondered because of the tendency toward bronchial illness.

Stephanie, thank you for your words of encouragement, and I'm glad you're not suffering from a long term illness with your ribs.  However, you need to be patient with yourself to let it heal.  I hope you have a lot of help at home.  I went through something similar with my back many years ago, and it took a lot of bed rest and help at home to get better.

No, I don't have COPD, but I do have sensitive sinuses.  I will have a bad asthmatic coughing spell if something in the air irritates my throat, like smoke or frying chilies.  That's a long story.  My DH was frying chilies one day, and my throat started closing up, and I ran out into the yard where I stayed until he could turn on fans and open the windows!  Now it's funny, but then, no.  I haven't really had bronchitis in a couple of years, probably due to better health care.  I've always had a tendency for a chronic cough, though.  Fortunately, that has gotten better over the past few years.  The heart meds are due to a family history from my dad's side.  Even though my weight was good and my cholesterol levels were normal, an arteriogram still showed some blockage, and my blood pressure was getting out of control quite a bit.  That was several years ago.  So, since then I've been on medication for that.   I'd love to get off of them, though.  So, in order to do that, I've started exercising more since retiring, and trying to loose a little more weight.  We'll see!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

mamagshouse:
quilting itself for therapy

MamaG, my quilting is my sanity.  Without time stitching everyday, I would not be a woman who my family could live with.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 134
Points 3,185
Donna C replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 9:04 PM

Linny, I'm glad your daughter's getting back on her feet again.  Yes, it's good they weren't together many years, like I was...it was 29 years for me.  Life is good now.  The good thing for your daughter is hopefully that experience helped her see what she really wants out of life and relationships.   Tell your daughter that there are blue skies ahead!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 134
Points 3,185
Donna C replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 9:15 PM

Robin, thanks for the welcome.  Since you asked:  I taught at a high school my first 2 years back in the US, here in Houston, as a choir director.  That's a story within itself.  Suffice it to say, the stress from that was too much, and caused some bad effects on my health, so I switched to Pre-Kinder, bilingual, for about 8 years, then 2nd grade bilingual, and finally the last 4 years, as a kindergarten teacher.  Having taught from the youngest to the oldest I found that there's not much difference in their behaviors sometimes!  LOL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 134
Points 3,185
Donna C replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 10:09 PM

Mamag, very cute bunny.  Are those crocheted legs?  I love the colors!  I like to go to You Tube for tutorials, too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 3:39 AM

Donna C:

Robin, thanks for the welcome.  Since you asked:  I taught at a high school my first 2 years back in the US, here in Houston, as a choir director.  That's a story within itself.  Suffice it to say, the stress from that was too much, and caused some bad effects on my health, so I switched to Pre-Kinder, bilingual, for about 8 years, then 2nd grade bilingual, and finally the last 4 years, as a kindergarten teacher.  Having taught from the youngest to the oldest I found that there's not much difference in their behaviors sometimes!  LOL

Donna,

I totally agree about there not being much difference between the ages.   I tell my students sometimes I swear teenagers and toddlers are very similar.  They look at me like I'm calling them a bad name.  But then I explain that these two time periods in a persons life is when they have a great desire to be independent and parents desire to hold on a little longer.

I've been teaching Family and Consumer Science aka Home Economics for 27 years.  Mostly on the high school level.  I totally understand what you mean about the stress thing.   I'm looking forward to retirement however I have a ways to go since I will reach retirement at 52 and the state of Florida deems that as to young to retire I will probably enter what is called the drop program which is an enhanced retirement to encourage people to stay in teaching longer for another 5 Maybe.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 3:44 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I spent the evening finishing Diane's block.   I hope you like it.

• Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 5,025
lilliepad replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 6:44 AM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone,

It's beautiful Robin. I love everything on it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 5,025
lilliepad replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 6:52 AM

Donna C:

I do have sensitive sinuses.  I will have a bad asthmatic coughing spell if something in the air irritates my throat, like smoke or frying chilies.  That's a long story.  My DH was frying chilies one day, and my throat started closing up, and I ran out into the yard where I stayed until he could turn on fans and open the windows!  Now it's funny, but then, no.  I haven't really had bronchitis in a couple of years, probably due to better health care.  I've always had a tendency for a chronic cough, though.  Fortunately, that has gotten better over the past few years.  The heart meds are due to a family history from my dad's side.  Even though my weight was good and my cholesterol levels were normal, an arteriogram still showed some blockage, and my blood pressure was getting out of control quite a bit.  That was several years ago.  So, since then I've been on medication for that.   I'd love to get off of them, though.  So, in order to do that, I've started exercising more since retiring, and trying to loose a little more weight.  We'll see!

Donna C-I have that same cough problem.My throat becomes irritated and I start coughing. Sometimes it's so bad I can not even have a conversation without coughing every 2-3 words. When it gets that bad, I usually just keep my mouth shut for months at a time.

I have severe allergies to trees, specifically pine, (of course I live in the pine tree belt) and when they start spewing their pollen, I'm a goner. I've had the shots, but they did nothing but consume my $$$. I usually stay inside during the spring and summer months. That's a real bummer for me because I love to garden. We are slowly changing our landscaping to plants/trees that require very little maintenance.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 9:39 AM

Robin:

Robin---the block is just beautiful!  Love the butterfly and the pretty flower.  The flowers remind me of cherry blossoms.  Thank you!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 9:46 AM

I forgot to say that the 10th would be fine for me to continue with the RR.

Page 125 of 255 (3823 items) «Prev123124125126127Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use