rated by 0 users
This post has 3,762 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Apr 20 2014 5:21 PM

Linny, Diane, and mamag,

Thanks  for the happy Easter wishes. Loved all of the little cards you came up with. Sweet.

We've had our dinner. Quiet around here for the day. Paul had to work, and his fiance was off to a Bachelorette party this weekend. These kids love to travel. Paul's last Bachelor party for his best friend was in Canada. They had two in Vegas, one in the Keyes, and a wedding coming up in St Martin. Just in the past couple years. Good to see them all starting to marry and settle down. Have fun and travel while you can, right?

I'm going to try to go back to work tomorrow. I'm not ready, I can feel it, but the pressure is on. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it....

Have a lovely evening everyone...... 

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 909
Points 15,095

Stephanie you don't need luck you can do it even thought you might want to do it, we have faith in you.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Stephanie:
I'm going to try to go back to work tomorrow

Stephanie, this is a big day. 

Stephanie:
I'm not ready, I can feel it, but the pressure is on. Wish me luck

Hoping that you can just listen to your body and do what you are able to.  Much easier said than done.

Stephanie:

Have a lovely evening everyone...... 

Hope that you had a lovely evening and a good day on Monday

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Lillie, so glad to hear that the knee is doing better every day.

Keep up the good work but remember to listen to your knee.  There may be days when you take a small step backwards and don't feel so great.  Don't be discouraged if that happens.  Just part of the healing process [or so I experienced with all my knee surgeries.]

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Linny, beautiful graphic.

Hope you had a wonderful day and that your return to the work week is not too painful.  I never liked going back to the rat race after a holiday.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Robin:
  For me done is either I feel very satisfied with the project of I run out of room.

Robin, thank you for this input.

I had a vision of an entire block done in pearl cotton with just a viney back stitch all over.  My green pearl cotton is very fine and would not accomplish my vision.  I suppose I could use two strands or I could go to JoAnn's and buy some that is heavier.

I am not sure I have a block that this would be appropriate on since I have something on every block but this might be a good filler for one of those blocks I am "stuck" on and don't know how to finish.

Easter was a wonderful day.  I was up early and attended the sunrise service at 7 AM.  We serve breakfast to the congregation after sunrise service.  This year they made french toast, scrambled eggs, and sausage.  Then people brought in pastries and such and to go along with the "main" portion of the meal.  There were hard boiled, colored eggs on the tables in baskets and juice and coffee to finish things off.  Very nice a good way to have fellowship.  After breakfast was Bible Study  and then our Festival service at 11.  Kyle went with me to the sunrise service and I stayed for the Festival service because I am part of the choir at the 11 AM service and Tim and I were serving as ushers.  Long day at church but it isn't every week.

After church, Kyle and I went out to eat with my MIL.  She won't come to our house and her apartment is too small to try to cook a meal there.  We had a nice dinner and took something home for Tim.  He wasn't up to going out after church.  He rarely eats out because of some of his health issues.  I miss having him with us on a holiday but am thankful to have him with me when I can.

By the time I got home the new shoes had caused a blister on the big toe of my left foot and the blister had broken.  My foot was throbbing and I took some Aleve.  Fell asleep in the recliner and now I am wide awake.

I have a busy day Monday and need to get back to bed.

Wishing all of you a Marvelous Monday.

Robin:

To all of you I am blessed to know each and everyone of you.   I appreciate your friendship and encouragement.  You are each a true blessing.

Robin, thank you for these words.  All I can add is ditto.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 3:42 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter.  We had a very sweet day with my brothers family and my niece from Tampa came up for the day.  It was so sweet to have the time together.  Mom seemed to enjoyed her day.  She even posed for a few pictures which is not typical behavior for her.

Today it's back to the salt mine.   We're going to start learning about eggs.  Our next lab is cooking eggs.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 9:52 AM

Mamag and Darlene,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I made it an hour, and had to stop and come home. Not ready yet, I guess, but an e for effort none the less.

Darlene,

Sounds pretty to have a block done with viney stitches. 

Your Easter Sunday sounds lovely. A long day. What a breakfast. Yum!   I'm sorry to hear about your new shoes giving you blisters. It's great that you were able to spend it with family, even if it was different times of the day. I know you're thankful for that.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 9:56 AM

Robin,

Easter sounds like an awesome day for you as well. It was so cute to read about your Mom posing for pictures. 

Have fun learning, and teaching about eggs. And a wonderful day to you as well.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:24 AM

Jo1030:
I am going to wear the dress I wore to get married in next Sunday. George said his suit doesn't fit anymore/ and I thought I had gained more weight than him.  

I just think it is so sweet you 2 are still in love.  God bless that young girl for noticing, too.  Kids don't see what it looks like at our ages often enough and it's sweet that she told you, too.  Happy Anniversary to you both!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:30 AM

Darlene :

Linny, beautiful graphic.

Hope you had a wonderful day and that your return to the work week is not too painful.  I never liked going back to the rat race after a holiday.

I had such a nice day yesterday and it was not easy to come to work today.  Rat race is right.  Yesterday we all went out for brunch together.  We had so much fun.  We laughed together so much the waitress commented on what a happy group we were.   It was nice to have fun with family.  That doesn't happen often enough.  I came home and then did absolutely nothing for the rest of the day.  It felt good to just be for a change.  I guess that's why it was so hard to come to work today.    

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:33 AM

Stephanie:

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I made it an hour, and had to stop and come home. Not ready yet, I guess, but an e for effort none the less.

Well, no one can say you didn't try, right?  I'm so glad you came home instead of trying to push through.  You still need to heal some more. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:39 AM

Darlene :

Easter was a wonderful day.  I was up early and attended the sunrise service at 7 AM.  We serve breakfast to the congregation after sunrise service.  This year they made french toast, scrambled eggs, and sausage.  Then people brought in pastries and such and to go along with the "main" portion of the meal.  There were hard boiled, colored eggs on the tables in baskets and juice and coffee to finish things off.  Very nice a good way to have fellowship.  After breakfast was Bible Study  and then our Festival service at 11.  Kyle went with me to the sunrise service and I stayed for the Festival service because I am part of the choir at the 11 AM service and Tim and I were serving as ushers.  Long day at church but it isn't every week.

After church, Kyle and I went out to eat with my MIL.  She won't come to our house and her apartment is too small to try to cook a meal there.  We had a nice dinner and took something home for Tim.  He wasn't up to going out after church.  He rarely eats out because of some of his health issues.  I miss having him with us on a holiday but am thankful to have him with me when I can.

By the time I got home the new shoes had caused a blister on the big toe of my left foot and the blister had broken.  My foot was throbbing and I took some Aleve.  Fell asleep in the recliner and now I am wide awake.

Darlene, your Easter sounds beautful, albeit a long day and painful in the end.  How nice that Kyle went to the sunrise service, too.  I hate blisters.  Hope it's better today.  Why won't your mother in law come to your house?  Just curious.  Don't tell if you don't want to.  Nice that you got her and took her out for Easter dinner.

Too bad Tim can't join in like he used to, but like you say, he's with you when he can be.   

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:44 AM

Robin, that's so cute about your mom posing for pictures.  I'm glad you had such a nice day with your family.

Have fun at the salt mines...I know I am.....NOT, lol.  I don't remeber anyone actually teaching me how to cook eggs, even in home ec.  I suppose I just did what mom and my sisters did with eggs and didn't give it thoght, really.  I'm sure there's some sort of science in it.  Feel free to tell about it if you like.  I for one would be interrested.   Hope the kids are ready to learn today.  It's just as hard to go back to school after a holiday as it is to go back to work.

I hope you hav a wonderful day, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:49 AM

Stephane, your day sounds nice and quite. 

Stephanie:
These kids love to travel. Paul's last Bachelor party for his best friend was in Canada. They had two in Vegas, one in the Keyes, and a wedding coming up in St Martin. Just in the past couple years. Good to see them all starting to marry and settle down. Have fun and travel while you can, right?
  Your gramma days are right ahead of you, my dear, lol. 

I've read where destination weddings are really big these days.  As if a wedding isn't already expensive enough, right?  Still, they have a great time and a whopper of a memory.

Linny T

Page 122 of 251 (3763 items) «Prev120121122123124Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use