rated by 0 users
This post has 3,327 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 6:20 AM

Linny t:
Other than that I'd like to tell you all how happy I am that it's Friday, lol.  We were particularly busy at work this week and I'm so very glad it's over.  I hope you all had a fantastic Friday. 

Hope you have a great weekend. Any plans?

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 6:22 AM

lilliepad:

I really had fun doing this block. Some things I tried and didn't like, so I ripped them out. Others worked perfectly the first time. I hope you are pleased with the results Robin.

Lillie,

I'm bringing this back to the front since my last post changed the page.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 216
Points 4,020
lilliepad replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 6:39 AM

Yes I am now lilliepad. I gave up trying to get any help from QCA for my old account.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 216
Points 4,020
lilliepad replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 6:44 AM

Robin:

WOW! now that is what I call organized!!! I might have to think about doing that myself.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,925
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 5:26 PM

Stephanie, your organization is very good, indeed.  It's a beautiful thing, in fact.  Congratulations on this impressive achievement.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,925
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 5:44 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Other than that I'd like to tell you all how happy I am that it's Friday, lol.  We were particularly busy at work this week and I'm so very glad it's over.  I hope you all had a fantastic Friday. 

Hope you have a great weekend. Any plans?

My sister and I went shopping at Michaels and Hobby Lobby with lunch in between.  The weather cooperated with us very well.  I was certain it would rain on us at least once, but each time we left one place to go to the next it didn't rain.  We had a grand time and it did us both good to get out.  I've been working Diane's block ever since I got home.  Still more to go.  I know I've said it before, but I'm close to finishing.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Linny, so good  that you and Barb got to shop and have lunch.  Best of all that the weather held out for you.  Not sure but I think we got another dusting of snow this afternoon.

I spent another day being a recliner bum.  I have not had much energy today and that tickle cough just wont quit.  I sat in the chair and watched junk TV all day.  Hoping to get a good night's sleep and be recharged in the morning.

I should have done some sewing this afternoon but just couldn't bring myself to go to the dungeon.  I am supposed to deliver something tomorrow to a friend which will probably be done in less than an hour.  Now I am involved in this stupid movie and have no desire to be cold.

Sorry.  Done feeling sorry for myself.  Hope that everyone has had a good day and that tomorrow is even better.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 4:57 AM

Thanks for the comments on organizing. It took a while to make a plan and collect all the containers, but it's nice to know where everything is.

I forgot to mention. The pretty fabrics at the top are some I am collecting for a quilt. My friend and I saw a real beauty in a shop and both of us have decided to make it, just as it is in the shop. 

Linny t:
We had a grand time and it did us both good to get out

Happy to hear you had a great time. And that the weather cooperated. 

Linny t:
I've been working Diane's block ever since I got home.  Still more to go.  I know I've said it before, but I'm close to finishing.  

Look forward to seeing what you've done. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 5:05 AM

Darlene,

Sorry to hear this flu is still dragging you down. TV is about worthless anymore, isn't it? We have all these paid programming sales things here, and pay thru the nose for nothing to watch. I can't wait to get one of those smart tv's and do Roku, or Amazon show streaming.

Hope you did get a good nights rest and wake up feeling refreshed.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,575
Robin replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 5:05 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Sunday!

I spent most of yesterday at my machine working on the border.   It's looking good but it has been challenging and time consuming.   I also played with by dyes a little bit yesterday.   I did soak anything in them but instead I painted with a paint brush.   I liked the way they turn out for a starter I thing in time I will get more creative with them.

Today I have to get ready to go back to school and deal with the changes and challenges facing me.   So some of today will be spent preparing for that.  Hopefully, I'll have some time to sew some more of the border.  Any suggestion about pressing the grandma's flower?   It's really wrinkled.

Here is the two things I dye yesterday

Linny,  So glad to hear that you and Barb got out and about on the town.   Sounds like such a good time

Darlene, I hope you feel better today.  I don't think it's feeling sorry for yourself when you feel bad and are tired of being sick.  Relax and enjoy the rest.   I believe sometimes we go through things because we need the rest and don't have enough sense to know it.  So God puts us in time out for our own good.

Stephanie,  What a great organized space!  I love how orderly it is.

Lillie,   I'm so glad your back. 

Hang in there Diane.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 5:35 AM

Robin:
I also played with by dyes a little bit yesterday.   I did soak anything in them but instead I painted with a paint brush.   I liked the way they turn out for a starter I thing in time I will get more creative with them.

Great job Robin! They're sooo pretty! 

I'm not sure on advice about ironing the GFG. Wish I could help...

Hope you enjoy  the last day of your vacation. ....And are able to go in Monday ready to face those changes and challenges....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,925
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 6:47 AM

Darlene, so sorry to hear you've still got the residual yuck from your flu.  There's a strain of it going around down here that takes 3 to 4 weeks before you start feeling like you're going to live.  I hope this is the last of it for you.  With all your running here and there you probably needed a down day.  Hope you feel so much better today you can't believe it.  By the way, I don't consider what you said feeling sorry for yourself.  I think of it as telling your friends about your life.  That's what friends are for :)

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,925
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 7:26 AM

Robin, love your lace dying.  The little dragonfly is so cute and the flowers being different colors is lovely.  What kind of dyes are you using?  Are they heat set?  I've got a little collection of Dye-na-flow dyes.  They are the larger bottles..2.25 oz.  When I get some time and dedicated space again I'm going to delve back into dying ribbons and trims.  It's such instant gratification, isn't it?  After you've dyed your own trims and ribbon you look at it differently when you're buying it.    

Hope your last day of vacation is peaceful.  When I made Audra's GFG, I pressed the seams in one direction.  No direction really makes sense with one of those.  I tried pressing them all open, but that caused problems, too.  In the end, and for hand quilting, it worked better to just press them out from the center and across the whole thing in all directions.  It was easier to do that way and I had a clue what the seam allowances were for hand quilting.  Pressing all those tiny seams open would have added another year to the 3 it took me to do in, lol.   I can't wait to see a picture.  I am eager to see how you resolved the border edges.  I hand appliqued each little hexagon to the border.  I used a really wide piece of cotton eyelet for the border.  It's more like a skirt, really.  That was another challenge I gave myself while I was wearing those rose colored glasses shopping for border fabric at Hancock Fabrics, lol.  It turned out really pretty, though.  Your daughter will cherish that quilt all her years.  When I look at the one I made on Audra's bed each day I feel like it was well worth all the work, especially when I see Nate all tucked in with it.

Diane, maybe you should do like Lillie did and create a new user log in.  It worked for her.  How are the eggs doing?

Stephanie, I'll tell you again that I love your armoire organization project.  I've been paying close attention to all that's been said by you about your organization project.  When Barb was here yesterday, I asked her to look at the room and tell me what she thought about the space.  She said I should put shelves all around the upper walls.  Since I don't have very many carpentry skills, it made me a little overwhelmed just thinking about it, lol.  I will be on the lookout for a solution and if you have any advise, I'd be happy to hear it.  

Jo, I miss hearing from you.  Is all well? 

I don't think I told you all yet, but Audra has announced she's moving out on April 16th.  Finally on her own feet!  It's been a long road, but I think she's stronger for it.  Nate's really happy about having his own room.  I will miss them so much, but on the other hand I'll be happy to get my sewing room back.  I get to get my things all together again.  That's a huge task, but it will occupy my heart, which will be lonely without them.  I'm keeping a bed in there for when Nate comes to spend the night with Mimi.  That's the only thing I'm sure of for now.  I wonder if I'll be able to sleep without all my sewing things and fabric around me, lol.  For two and a half years I've lived in a bedroom that if anyone I didn't know looked at, they'd immediately call the hoarding police, lol.

I've known about it for awhile, but held back telling about it in case it didn't happen.  Yes, too good to be true was my first thought, I am sorry to say, but she's buying things for Nate's room and says the lease is signed, so it's for sure.  Her new pass time has been visiting every Goodwill and resale shop in town, lol.  I love that she's turned into this thrift-loving mommy.  

Anyways, big changes for me ahead.  Good ones, though.  Today is my day to finish Diane's block, so better get to it.  Hope you all really enjoy your Sunday!

Linny T

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,575
Robin replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 8:56 AM

Linny,

The dyes I got are call colorhue and are primarily used on anything but cotton.   But I'm still going to try some cotton at some point.  They are set when they dry so no heat needed.  

Thanks for the advice on pressing the gmf quilt.   I'm pretty square now and I'm afraid if I don't handle it carefully it well stretch.

Wow!  That's big news that your daughter is moving out.   I'm sure it will be bittersweet for you, but I'm also sure that it will be amazing to see what you do in arranging and organizing all of your stuff.   Wish you guys the best on the move.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 11:04 AM

Linny t:
 When Barb was here yesterday, I asked her to look at the room and tell me what she thought about the space.  She said I should put shelves all around the upper walls.  Since I don't have very many carpentry skills, it made me a little overwhelmed just thinking about it, lol.  I will be on the lookout for a solution and if you have any advise, I'd be happy to hear it.  

As soon as I read this I had to find a pic of  something that would be easy for you to do. This is what came to mind: This is hung midwall, but could just as easily be done high, in a row, or intermingled with shelving in between: The pull out fabric box is optional.  These are made by Closetmaid and available at Target for $25.00 each. I haven't looked further to see if they may have shelving units as well. Anyway, one thought....

ClosetMaid Cubeicals® 2 Cube Organizer Espresso

Page 101 of 222 (3328 items) «Prev99100101102103Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use