Baby Quil

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640
Norma Doll Posted: Wed, Aug 21 2013 1:46 PM

I have the baby quilt finished......and I like it better than I thought I would.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 2:09 PM

Jo, that's a really cute quilt, especially with the pink ric-rac. I love the fabric you choose for the binding.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,176
Points 43,490
Diane replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 2:13 PM

normajo1030again:

Such a sweet quilt normajo.  Looks soft and is colorful for the baby.  Good job!

I have the baby quilt finished......and I like it better than I thought I would.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,492
Points 116,025
Linny t replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 4:01 PM

Jo, this is so cute.  I love the wavy edge.  That baby's going to love it.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,645
Points 140,783
Stephanie replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 3:12 PM

Jo.

So cute. Is that minky on one side and flannel on the other? It looks so soft. The baby will love it. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Stephanie:
Is that minky on one side and flannel on the other?

Yes, that's it.   I just read that Minkee doesn't shrink; so I don't know what it will look like after it is washed.  I didn't put any batting in it.

We went shopping today,  I bought 4-5 different pieces of fabric and a pattern for a little sunsuit pattern for a ladies granddaughter at church.  She had told Haley to ask me if I would make her a dress, when Haley was here.......it sounded like she meant "right then" and I told Haley to tell her no.  There is no way I could have made something when Haley was here.  I thought I would surprise her with this.   She has acted a little "put-out"  since I said no.   

Tomorrow is George's 79th birthday.  It is golf day and he is hoping to golf his age.  I guess that is the goal for men.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,492
Points 116,025
Linny t replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:03 PM

Jo, that's so nice of you to do that for the lady at church.  She's going to get over her pouting when she sees it and she'll feel foolish for having done it, I'm sure.

Happy Birthday George!!!  And many more!!!  I hope he golfs his age, too, lol. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,645
Points 140,783
Stephanie replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 6:47 PM

normajo1030again:

Yes, that's it.   I just read that Minkee doesn't shrink; so I don't know what it will look like after it is washed.  I didn't put any batting in it.

I wish I could tell you how it washes, but I don't know. I made one with the smooth minkee, but I had embroidered lots of little youngster things on it and didn't wash it before I sent it. I thought it was wonderfully soft. but a pain in the rear to sew. How 'bout you? I was butting it up to cotton on the embroideries, so that may have made a difference. I think not putting a batting was a good idea, reallly. With minkee on the front and flannel on the back, I don't think it would need a batting.

How sweet of you to make the dress for the lady at church's granddaughter! I think these things need to be on "our" time sometimes. You had company and every right to say no. Kind of unthinking of her to ask when you were entertaining a youngster, and using Haley as the mediator was a little unorthodox too in my thoughts. You are so gracious to surprise her and I hope she loves it.

Happy 79th Birthday to George! Hope he got his 79 golf score.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,152
Points 68,415
Robin replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 7:03 AM

Jo,

Really cute quilt.  I've enjoy reading all your comments on this fabric because I've often wondered what it was like to work with. 

Robin

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use