Victorian Charm Round Robin

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:09 PM

I'm posting here just to keep the thread current.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 12:47 AM

Hi Everyone!!!

I finally got my computer fixed---lots of viruses  and I had a friend who knew what to do who fixed it tonight!

I am so happy to be online and back here again.

I will update you a little.  I am now applying the boarder to my work quilt.  Still slow going.  Also I have to finish 2 blocks for RR's.  One is coming from Australia and it hasn't gotten here yet.  Someone had to drop out so this person is taking over for her.

As Lillie told you, Nelly had 15 eggs.  I didn't know if they were all good but I still put them all in the incubator.  They are 10 days old and doing great!  I have the humidity and temperature where it is supposed to be.  I check them several times a day  so I worry like a mommy! :o)  Nelly and I have become much better friends going through this egg laying experience.  I think she trusts me more and we understand each other more. She was right next to me in her tank for a week trying to drop those eggs.  She kept going into her egg laying box and scratching the whole week on and off.  Then she would sleep all night and begin again in the morning.  Finally at around 11pm on Saturday night she started dropping.  It was amazing to watch.  Afterward she just looked at me and jumped out of the box. I examined them and only one was really white.  And I could see some little round yellow attached yolks through the shell. Since they were off white I was doubtful.  I am so glad that I put them all in the incubator.  They are plump.  I am praying that they will hatch in about 45 days.  I talked with the nearby pet store where I get crickets and he said he would be interested to buy them

I found out that once they start hatching it takes a couple of days.  Also, I should wait 3 days to feed them.  

Linny--I would have called you but I couldn't find your phone number.  Lillie thank you for relaying the message.  I have been reading and it has been frustrating being unable to post.

So happy to be back!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 7:54 AM

wahoo Diane. So glad to have you back with us again. Wonderful story about Nelly and her eggs. Glad that they seem to be doing well in the incubator. Please take some pics of the eggs and post them for us.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 11:16 AM

Diane, glad you're back online.  So fascinating about the eggs and cute that you fret over them like a mommie.  Too cute.  I would also like to see pics.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use