My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,945
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 11:26 AM

Lillie, maybe if you opened an Italian bakery your Sista would move closer to you.  The closest thing to me that's an Italian bakery is Panera.  That's good enough for me.  I would think it's a lot of work to open and run a bakery.  It'd have to be your life's work.  

I wish we all lived close to each other, too.  It'd be fun to have monthly get togethers.  You're lucky to have that opportunity where you live.  Down here if you work, forget any quilt groups, because they only meet during the weekdays.  Your little group sounds like a great bunch of ladies.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,945
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 11:36 AM

Stephanie:

Linny,

Sounds like you had a full weekend getting your yard back in shape. And a real physical work out. I took the garbage down this morning and was looking at mine as I came back up the long drive. I thought to myself, my goodness, where'd my old rose bush go. Completely surrounded by weeds! Sounds like someone else needs to be getting out there. Not today though. It was so hot and muggy just taking the trash down. My glasses fogged along the way. LOL. Too much catch up in the house, and I have to make time and prepare my fabric for the little bluebirds.

It's like a sauna outside here, too.  Unfortunately there's still a lot more to do in my yard to be able to call it "back in shape", lol.  I trimmed trees.  I still have weeding and the shrubs to trim, not to mention weed whacking the fence lines.  I hate to think about it.  Right now it's pouring rain again.  My yard has ruts in it from where the lawn mower gets into the soft, wet ground and some of them are from a couple of weeks ago.  Each week there are new ones.  It's so wet this year it doesn't get a chance to dry out between rains.  This is the price we pay for those wonderful winters and springs, isn't it? 

Your little bluebirds project is going to be fun to watch happen.  I hope you can do progress pics.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,945
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 11:37 AM

Stephanie:
Darlene, Miss you.....
 Me, too Darlene.  How's it going in your neck of the universe?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,255
Points 134,748

Linny t:
My yard has ruts in it from where the lawn mower gets into the soft, wet ground and some of them are from a couple of weeks ago.  Each week there are new ones.

Ours too. It reminds me of a farm where they plant rows of veg's. Won't be long and we'll be back to the beautiful days. Mike just reminded me that it's football season again. Woohoo. That means I can feel free to leave him alone so I can do projects all day. LOL. Have to throw in some Nacho's every now and then.

Linny t:
Your little bluebirds project is going to be fun to watch happen.  I hope you can do progress pics.

I've decided to attempt this on a piece of Kona cotton. This afternoon I got out my dye paints. Cerulean blue. I hooped a large piece of fabric, spritzed it down with water and then added some of the dye paint to the spritzer bottle to make a pale sky blue. I folded a dampened a microfiber towel and blotted through some of the color to make some really soft tonal values. Should be pretty I hope. These are so small I think defining clouds or adding too much texture might be distracting.  It's out drying in the sun right now. After I heat set it I'm going to outline the pattern on it. Then all I have to do is wait for the flosses. Hopefully this blue will work with the shades of blue in the flosses. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,945
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 3:59 PM

Stephanie:
Ours too. It reminds me of a farm where they plant rows of veg's.
 Lol, exactly!
Stephanie:
I've decided to attempt this on a piece of Kona cotton. This afternoon I got out my dye paints. Cerulean blue. I hooped a large piece of fabric, spritzed it down with water and then added some of the dye paint to the spritzer bottle to make a pale sky blue. I folded a dampened a microfiber towel and blotted through some of the color to make some really soft tonal values. Should be pretty I hope. These are so small I think defining clouds or adding too much texture might be distracting.  It's out drying in the sun right now. After I heat set it I'm going to outline the pattern on it. Then all I have to do is wait for the flosses. Hopefully this blue will work with the shades of blue in the flosses. 

This made me so excited.  I can't tell you what it does to read what someone's doing creatively.  So artistic.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,370
Diane replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 4:34 PM

Stephanie---sounds like you are doing something really interesting with the blue dye and the clouds.  I would like to do that too sometime.  Sounds like your bird project is off to a good start!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Lillie:
I wish we all lived closer to each other. I think it would be awesome for us to meet on a monthly basis and hang out.

OMG, Lillie.....I had no more got done thinking about all of us getting together and I see your post about it.   I have always known that I have ESP or whatever you want to call it.  I will be thinking of something and George will say it or vice-versa.  It would be great to meet in person.

I went to the doctor/p.a. about my shoulder today and she said it is impingement. She gave me a shot of cortizone and said to let them know if it wasn't better in a couple of weeks and to take tylenol. I like seeing the P.A. better than the doctor most times.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,255
Points 134,748

Linny,

Thank you. I really enjoy reading about the process too when someone is making something. 

Diane:
 I would like to do that too sometime.

Diane,

I've found that hooping ithe fabric keeps the dies from all gathering in different areas or gradiating to the edge if you were to hang it to dry. I can hoop it and leave it to dry flat on a surface without the fabric touching.  

Jo, It would be lovely to meet in person. Good to hear your shoulder just need a shot. Hope it helps.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 6:53 AM

Jo,

How funny is that? I love it when people have ESP. I think most people close themselves off and don't allow their natural gifts to come through.

I do hope that cortisone shot helped your shoulder. The one I got in my knee has really made a huge difference in my mobility and pain.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,847
Points 60,950
Robin replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 8:11 AM

normajo1030:

Lillie:
I wish we all lived closer to each other. I think it would be awesome for us to meet on a monthly basis and hang out.

OMG, Lillie.....I had no more got done thinking about all of us getting together and I see your post about it.   I have always known that I have ESP or whatever you want to call it.  I will be thinking of something and George will say it or vice-versa.  It would be great to meet in person.

I went to the doctor/p.a. about my shoulder today and she said it is impingement. She gave me a shot of cortizone and said to let them know if it wasn't better in a couple of weeks and to take tylenol. I like seeing the P.A. better than the doctor most times.  

Jo,

I had the exact same thing about 10 years ago.  Asked your doctor to look into a therapy called prolo.  I'm not sure about the spelling.   Basically they inject you at the primary points with something that is like sugarwater, it's really thick.   It causes inflammation and is painful for a couple of days but it long term will heal the underlying cause of your problem.   Here's a website by the company: http://www.getprolo.com/shoulder-injuries-and-prolotherapy/   

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,847
Points 60,950
Robin replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 8:19 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your day is off to a good start.

Yesterday was not very productive at the Smith house.   We kinda lost steam at school at one and came home to do very little. 

Today is a slow start but hopefully will be more progressive. 

Stephanie,   Your birdie sounds wonderful.   I can't wait to see him.

Linny,  I know what you mean about soft ground and we have also developed killer mosquitoes.  I mean they were bad but now they're awful.

Lillie,  I hope you had a great time at your quilt meeting.   I wish there was a group in my area.  The only one meets on Tuesday mornings when I'm in school.  

Jo,  Hope the information I posted will help you. 

Diane,  When is your quilting bee?

Darlene,  I miss you too!

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,945
Linny t replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 11:22 AM

Robin:
Linny,  I know what you mean about soft ground and we have also developed killer mosquitoes.  I mean they were bad but now they're awful.
 Me, too, Robin.  They are everywhere and swarm me when I walk out the door.  Poor Nate gets giant welts when he gets bitten, so Audra keeps him indoors in the evenings.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 12:22 PM

Linny t:

Robin:
 Me, too, Robin.  They are everywhere and swarm me when I walk out the door.  Poor Nate gets giant welts when he gets bitten, so Audra keeps him indoors in the evenings.  

I have the same welt problem from mosquito bites. As soon as I hear one, or someone else does, I run for the house. lol  Someone told me it's not the wet that brings them on, it's the drought and heat. I did not look that up to see if that info was correct.

I have tried almost everything known to man to ward off mosquitoes, but no luck yet.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,370
Diane replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 2:15 PM

Can you spray your yard with a pestacide to get rid of some of those misquitoes?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,370
Diane replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 2:17 PM

Do those bug zappers work?  I think more spiders would help too.  When there are too few spiders the mosquitoes get worse.  Maybe you could order some.  I read recently that they are trying to protect the spiders for just that reason.

Page 97 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev9596979899Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use