rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,150
Linny t replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 11:28 AM

normajo1030:
We had church all day yesterday........first from 9:30 to 11:45   then 2:30 to 5:00   then 7:00 to 8:00.   The 2:30 one was an extra one; the preacher had invited other congregations from the county to come to our church (a first time thing) after the singing and sermon, we had deserts in the fellowship room for everyone.  It was nice; but that was my Sunday "nap time".  I could hardly keep my eyes open.  I did catch a few winks from 5:00 to 6:00 which helped some.
 That's a long day, Jo.  Church fellowship is a precious thing.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 3:03 PM

Hi Everyone!

Robin--you have touched so many lives.  You must be well satisfied with your life of helping so many teenagers come along in life and teaching them some life skills. Amazing work you are blessed with.

Linny--sounds like you have been so busy around the house and yard.  I have to admire you for mowing the lawn and pruning.  

I am still putting on the work quilt for the last few days.  I'm adding the border for the top and bottom.  It's looking pretty good.  Once I'm finished, I'll mark the quilting lines and have a quilting bee.  It will be 4 or more people. It was so nice for my good friend Karen to offer her large dining room table for the get together.  I did this once before when we were making a quilt at church.  So many people worked on that quilt and It seemed to take forever.  I learned so much from that experience.  We gave it to the wife of the president of our stake.  Her husband worked so hard being the president of 6 wards or churches.  It was all voluntary and I'm sure she spent many evenings alone while was taking care of church business.

Stephanie---how is the table turning out?

The dragon eggs are looking good.  Soon I'll take them out and check one with a pen light to see how they are doing.  You just shine the light to the back of the egg and you can see images of the embryo.  I'll try to take pics!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:55 PM

OMG ladies, I'm so exhausted. I've been helping with a quilt show and it's so much work. I had to get the quilts ready for judging. Then helped with the actual judging. Then had to get the quilts ready for transport to the venue. What they said was going to take 2-3 hours took 6 hours standing on concrete floor the entire time. Then the judging which took 8 hours!!!!  Then getting the quilts ready for transport.  I'm ready to be face down on my bed and it's only 4:00pm!!!  lol  And I have a guild meeting tonight that starts at 7:00. I won't last longer than 7:30-8:00 for sure. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 5:41 PM

Wow Lillie!  I know you are tired.  That was a great service you did--be proud!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,150
Linny t replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:31 PM

My goodness, Lillie.  That sounds like a fun kind of exhaustion.  Did you have any of your quilts in the show?  I bet you're really glad you got that knee taken care of before this event.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,150
Linny t replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:35 PM

Diane, your plan for the quilting bee sounds like a great time.  That's so nice what you all did with the church quilt.  I'm sure that president's wife will always cherish it.  I've never been in a quilting bee, but if I get a chance I'm going to take it.  

Can't wait to hear about the eggs.  Oh, my.  I would suppose you can see the little embryo's movement in there, too.  I do hope you can manage a picture.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 10:21 PM

Linny---I checked the eggs tonight.   One had died.  It had started growing but apparently died after a week or so.  The others look plump and good.  Couldn't take pics because I had to go into a totally dark room.  I could see in a couple of them a fat "C".  I read that it's a kidney shape so I think it's close enough.  I'm feeling positive. Such a worry!!! LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,973
Points 63,960
Robin replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 7:27 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Lillie,  What an awesome experience!  I bet you learned a lot helping with the judging about what they look for in a quilt.   I hope you got some good rest last night.

Diane,  Glad to hear you eggs are looking promising.   Sorry you lost one.    Your quilting bee sounds like a lot of fun. 

Wished I lived closer to you and Lillie today.

Someone mention the kids coming next Monday.  I'm sorry I misled you.  This week is technically the last week of Summer Break for teachers.   I've gone back as has Donn because with lab classes like ours there is just so much more to do than in traditional class.  Teachers really report next Monday morning with open house on Tuesday, which is going to be a push and I'm hoping I'll be ready.  Then the following Monday kids show up so teachers have one more week of break and kids have two.  

As for the young lady who I helped with the shower for it is such an incredible feeling to have played a part in her life.   I am so glad to see her having all the wonderful opportunities that she has had.   She is truly an amazing young woman, who has had great support from her family and friends.

I hope that today each and everyone of you has a wonderful Tuesday. 

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:19 AM

Diane:

Wow Lillie!  I know you are tired.  That was a great service you did--be proud!

Thanks Diane. I am thrilled that I was able to help out. It was interesting watching and listening to the judge as well. That was a brand new experience for me. Now I just have Thurs morning to help set up all the quilts at the venue and Sunday eve to take them down and give them back to the owners. YAY done and done!!!

I slept for 9 hours last night and only woke up once for a potty break. lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:20 AM

Linny t:

My goodness, Lillie.  That sounds like a fun kind of exhaustion.  Did you have any of your quilts in the show?  I bet you're really glad you got that knee taken care of before this event.

I decided not to enter anything this year. Just didn't want to bother.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:27 AM

I wish we all lived closer to each other. I think it would be awesome for us to meet on a monthly basis and hang out.

I have a quilting get-together this afternoon. I wasn't sure I was going to make it, but after sleeping so well last night and nothing on my plate this morning, I'm pretty sure I'm going. It's from 1-4 and we just get together and talk and do handwork or sew on our sewing machines. Some people cut out fabric (space permitting). Others just come and kibitz. This is a lovely group of women. They are all open and giving and funny. There are 15 of us, but only 5-7 show up at these daytime events.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:35 AM

We had a small dinner party this past Sat eve. Just 6 of us. One of the couples brought Italian cookies and sweets from an Italian bakery down in Denver (1 hour south of me). OMGOSH!!!!  They were to die for. This morning I woke up thinking I would like to open an Italian bakery here in Fort Collins. As I was padding towards the bathroom I remembered that I had once wanted to open an Italian bakery with my sista. I was going to call it 2 Sista's Italian Bakery.  lol Funny how things come back around. Course my sista doesn't live close to me, but it was a nice memory all the same. Wonder how much work a bakery would be? Probably 12 hour days and little time for sewing.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,461
Points 137,928

Delightful posts to catch up on ladies.

Robin,

What a great thing to be a part of having the teen mom turn what was at the time a scary situation into success. What we all could accomplish with a support group to help us through. Must be such a happy feeling to be a part of that.  What do you have planned for the wool threads? Are you going to use them on a wool project as well? I can understand that you and Donn have much to prepare for Lab classes. After a couple months in your culinary class I imagine everything needs to be rewashed and sanitized, lists made and shopping to be done.

Jo,

Sounds like you had a full day of Fellowship. I admire your dedication making it through such a long day.

Lillie,

Bless your heart for putting all that time in for the quilters. Bet you got to see some real beauties first hand.

Diane,

Your plans for the quilting bee sound so uplifting. I'm looking forward to seeing the finish. Hope you have a great time with the ladies too. Sorry to hear about the egg. I would imagine a lot of worry  does go into trying to hatch the babies. You've supplied all the elements, the rest is up to God's will and mother nature. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

The table went back yesterday. Ugliest thing I ever did, but fit right into her design setting. Glad to be rid of it, and really don't want to take on more of the same. I don't mind doing cabinet doors. I can physically handle those and I know what I'm working with, but these furniture pieces are so heavy and you never know what they've been treated with as in wax, paints etc. There's also the mental side of unrealistic expectations on when to have it back, and having to put in seven days a week and  weekends in doing them.I need that time to do paperwork and have some sense of "Life is not all about work."  Thanks for asking....

Linny,

Sounds like you had a full weekend getting your yard back in shape. And a real physical work out. I took the garbage down this morning and was looking at mine as I came back up the long drive. I thought to myself, my goodness, where'd my old rose bush go. Completely surrounded by weeds! Sounds like someone else needs to be getting out there. Not today though. It was so hot and muggy just taking the trash down. My glasses fogged along the way. LOL. Too much catch up in the house, and I have to make time and prepare my fabric for the little bluebirds.

Darlene, Miss you.....

All...Hope your day today is relatively pain free, and a fun adventure...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,461
Points 137,928

Lillie,

I'd think you could learn some valuable pointers from listening to that judge and what they look for. It's been fun to read about the behind the scenes work that goes on. Lots and lots of work.

Your quilting get togethers sound like a great group of women. I wish we all lived closer too. It would be fun and inspiring and some friendly chatter. Have a great time.

Isn't it funny how something like the cookies can spark a memory. 2 Sista's Italian Bakery would have been a great name. I would guess your thought about 12 hour days would have been spot on.  Mmmm, the smell of cookies....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,150
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 11:17 AM

Diane:

Linny---I checked the eggs tonight.   One had died.  It had started growing but apparently died after a week or so.  The others look plump and good.  Couldn't take pics because I had to go into a totally dark room.  I could see in a couple of them a fat "C".  I read that it's a kidney shape so I think it's close enough.  I'm feeling positive. Such a worry!!! LOL

Awe, too bad about the one, but that's why they have so many at one time, right?  The rest of them being fat "C"'s is exciting.  Keep up the good work, Mom.

Linny T

Page 96 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev9495969798Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use