My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 6:47 PM

Stephanie, too bad about the glaze, but what a wonderful solution you found to that "bummer".  Retail therapy at Hirshners isn't so painful in the pocketbook, either.  Won't it be fun to get the flosses and wind them on spools and add them to your collection?  By then that table will hopefully be down the road.  Good thing you did a spot test with that glaze.  What a nightmare it would have been if you didn't test it first.

Today I'm tree trimming.  I'll mow tomorrow.  My trees in the front have grown so much this year with all the rain that they scrape the top of the cars when you drive in the driveway.  

Have fun with your Saturday

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 6:50 PM

Robin:

CUPCAKES DONE!!!!!!!!

Robin

Robin, these are adorable!  Look at that little crab!  These are the most creative cupcakes I've ever seen!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,168

Robin,

These are so cute! And yes, so creative. Looks like butter cream frosting on the little ones. Yum!  

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,168

Linny t:

Today I'm tree trimming.  I'll mow tomorrow.  My trees in the front have grown so much this year with all the rain that they scrape the top of the cars when you drive in the driveway.  

That sounds like quite a workout! Hope you're not too sore form it all. The rains have made evrything grow like crazy. Happy mowing today. Hope the weather holds for you.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,168

normajo1030:

I am going to make a baby blanket for a girl from church, she has 2 boys and this one is a girl. I am using minkee and flannel. I ordered a bunch of 5" squares.  I will take pictures once it is finished.  She is due in December.

How sweet Jo. That's gonna be a softee. I was watching a videw on TQS and Alex had made a recieving blanket and her daughter, or daughter in law wanted her to make a super sized one for her. LOL. Who wouldn't love that?

That was really nice of George to clean Rosie's cage for you. What a dear man. And for you to make Rosie a tunnel to play made me smile. Sounds like Sammy's not too sure of her. Cat's are so funny. I thought ours would attack the ferret years ago, but she never did. Even when it ate her cat food.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 8:24 AM

Stephanie,

Which Trish Burr embroidery project are you working on? I have the little King Fisher, but haven't started on it yet.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 8:27 AM

woo hoo Robin, those are some great looking cupcakes. Well done!!!  Are the sea creatures edible as well?

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,168

Lillie:
Which Trish Burr embroidery project are you working on?

I purchased her download of Bluebirds and Daisies.  She didn't have the kingfisher available or the Bee eater. Those are my fav's. Can you believe how small these are? Mine is 2 1/2 by 3 1/2. Tiny cute! Now that I have the floss, I need to pick a back ground fabric. One thing I found very interesting that I would have never thought of is she starts stitchin at the base of an object and works her way up. That must be key in getting the the furriness of it all.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 9:26 AM

Stephanie:

Lillie:
Which Trish Burr embroidery project are you working on?

I purchased her download of Bluebirds and Daisies.  She didn't have the kingfisher available or the Bee eater. Those are my fav's. Can you believe how small these are? Mine is 2 1/2 by 3 1/2. Tiny cute! Now that I have the floss, I need to pick a back ground fabric. One thing I found very interesting that I would have never thought of is she starts stitchin at the base of an object and works her way up. That must be key in getting the the furriness of it all.  

You two are making me want to get one of those little patterns and give it a try.  They are tiny, aren't they?  It'd be cute to do one up and incorporate it into a CQ block, wouldn't it?  I could just imagine one on my CQ purse.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 9:39 AM

Stephanie:
That sounds like quite a workout! Hope you're not too sore form it all. The rains have made evrything grow like crazy. Happy mowing today. Hope the weather holds for you.

I am sore, but I figure the mowing should help that, lol.  The front could probably go another week without mowing.  I might just do the back yard.  Another month of every week mowing and then maybe it'll slow down to every other week.  This is my hope.  If summer continues full strength into Sept/Oct, then it could be 2 months.  It's good exercise is what I tell myself.    

Today my plan is to go to Michael's, then grocery shop, then work on repairing a bracelet for someone.  Then mow. After all that,  I'm going to work on a quilt that I had pieces cut out for last summer.  I've changed my plan for them, so it's evolved in that time, lol.  I realized that I haven't used my machine in about a year.  It was nice to feel fabric going through the machine and smell that scent of pressing fabric again.  Also to hear the humming of my trustworthy Singer.  

Sounds like a plan, so I'll get to it.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,168

Linny t:
It'd be cute to do one up and incorporate it into a CQ block, wouldn't it?  I could just imagine one on my CQ purse.

They'd be ideal for a CQ. Pretty, pretty little birds.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,168

Linny t:

Today my plan is to go to Michael's, then grocery shop, then work on repairing a bracelet for someone.  Then mow. After all that,  I'm going to work on a quilt that I had pieces cut out for last summer.  I've changed my plan for them, so it's evolved in that time, lol.  I realized that I haven't used my machine in about a year.  It was nice to feel fabric going through the machine and smell that scent of pressing fabric again.  Also to hear the humming of my trustworthy Singer.  

Hope your mowing goes quickly for you and it's so inspiring to hear you're making a quilt. Makes me want to go press some fabric just for that smell. Singer's are great machines. They really made them to last...

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 7:00 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your day is off to a great start.  Officially this is the last week of summer break for teachers, unofficially this is my first week back at school.  I will be going in everyday this week in order to get ready for the start of school.   I realize that makes me sound like I'm a little bit over zealous but in order to get the room ready for open house on Tuesday (instead of it's normal day Thursday) I've got to jump on things.   That doesn't include the stuff that has to be done for the students that parents never see.

Thanks for all the compliments on the cupcakes.   They were a lot of fun once I got into doing them.  Fondant is just like playdough so crafting the animals and stuff is quite easy.   I do cheat with the fondant because I buy the premade stuff, which really does taste that good. But it's mostly for decoration.  The homemade stuff is suppose to be a real pain to make.  The base icing was butter creme which is a favorite of mine.   Anyway the bride was thrilled so I was happy.   She is a really sweet girl who I had for teen parenting.   She just connected with the wrong guy, who  had way to much experience for her.  But she is one of my success stories.   Has a beautiful daughter who starts Kindergarten this year, graduated from FSU with a degree in Civil Engineering, has her dream job and is fixing what seems to be a wonderful young man.  She has a beautiful smile, which is out all the time, unlike when she was a Junior in high school.   

Linny,  Hope you are not to sore this morning.

Stephanie,  I love the Herrschner's site.   I found wool thread, which I will be purchasing some of very soon.

Jo,  How sweet that you DH cleaned out Rosey's cage.   How long is she staying with you?

Lillie,  How's the sewing room coming?

Diane,  What's up with the eggs?

Darlene,  How has your summer market days been going?  I'm assuming busy.

Happy Monday Everyone!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 339
Points 9,295

Hi Everyone,

Robin.....the girl that you made the cupcakes for has really made something of herself; that is wonderful!  The ladies at church yesterday were talking about the teachers having to be at school a week from today also.  My aunt was a teacher, she taught first grade, she never had any children. I was always real close to her. I stayed with her every summer during school....that is when George and I first got acquainted. 

I don't know exactly how long we will have Rosie.....the girl isn't due till Dec. The doctors are trying to keep the baby in as long as possible.  I don't mind keeping her and will probably miss her, but I just don't want one to keep forever.

We had church all day yesterday........first from 9:30 to 11:45   then 2:30 to 5:00   then 7:00 to 8:00.   The 2:30 one was an extra one; the preacher had invited other congregations from the county to come to our church (a first time thing) after the singing and sermon, we had deserts in the fellowship room for everyone.  It was nice; but that was my Sunday "nap time".  I could hardly keep my eyes open.  I did catch a few winks from 5:00 to 6:00 which helped some.

I hope you all are doing fine and off to a good start for the work week or whatever.    Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,265
Linny t replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 11:26 AM

Robin:
Officially this is the last week of summer break for teachers, unofficially this is my first week back at school.  I will be going in everyday this week in order to get ready for the start of school.   I realize that makes me sound like I'm a little bit over zealous but in order to get the room ready for open house on Tuesday (instead of it's normal day Thursday) I've got to jump on things.   That doesn't include the stuff that has to be done for the students that parents never see.
 So the kids start next week on Monday and you have open house the very next day?  I would think things would be harder for you to get ready because you do everything hands on with the students, so there's more "stuff" than with, say, Mathematics or English.  It that right?  Down here they have open house the following week after the kids start.  

Robin:
Anyway the bride was thrilled so I was happy.   She is a really sweet girl who I had for teen parenting.   She just connected with the wrong guy, who  had way to much experience for her.  But she is one of my success stories.   Has a beautiful daughter who starts Kindergarten this year, graduated from FSU with a degree in Civil Engineering, has her dream job and is fixing what seems to be a wonderful young man.  She has a beautiful smile, which is out all the time, unlike when she was a Junior in high school.   
 Robin, this is such a beautiful ending to what could have been a tragic story.  How proud you must feel that you played a part in that girl not slipping through the cracks.  I love the part about her smile always being out.  Getting a Civil Engineering degree while raising a small child it quite a feat.  She must feel like she's on top of the world right now.  I'm sure she's worked hard to get there.  Congratulations to her..

Linny T

Page 95 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev9394959697Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use