rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:02 AM

Diane:

Stephanie:
Hi everyone. I've had troubles posting with Internet Explorer.

That was why I couldn't get on this site.  I only had Explorer and couldn't get on Google Chrome because of viruses.  I have been using Chrome for a while and it works great!  It seems very up to date which I found out Explorer is not.  Good luck with Chrome. I love it.

I figured people were having issues with this site or their browser because there was nothing going on yesterday. Glad you're all back safe and sound.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:06 AM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone, 

Hope your Monday went well and that Tuesday is awesome.

Made it to Pontre Verdre yesterday with only one problem to many quilt shops between the house and here.  Stopped at two.  Found the fabrics for my nieces quilt at one and some fat quarters and a wool project at the other.  I've been wanting to try one for awhile ant this looked like a good one for a beginner.  I' ll post pictures when I get home.   

Got to get moving so I can be ready when Donn is. Have a great day. 

Robin

Don't you love it when there are too many quilt shops along the way?  lol

I purchased a wool project a few years ago. I'm still waiting to get it started. It hasn't even made it to UFO status yet. lol

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,463
Points 137,968
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:51 AM

Linny t:
I know you'll miss MD, but she was a large puppy, wasn't she?

Yes, she was a BIG puppy. LOL. When she sat her head leveled at my mid thigh. And her feet showed signs that she was still growing. LOL.

Linny t:
I used to be graceful getting up and down off the floor, but now it's not a pretty sight, lol.

Bless your heart, I can relate. LOL

I do have one of those Rug Doctor upright carpet cleaners for the carpet. It does a beautiful job, but you have to pull it backwards to clean and it's heavy to manuever for someone with back issues. Mike and I trade off using it depending on who's more up for it at the time. LOL

At least I can say this is the first time in several years that we've had rains like this that have caused these issues, and for that I'm thankful. On the other hand, hopefully the heavy rains will keep the water table high so the brush fire season will keep at bay...  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,463
Points 137,968
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:59 AM

Robin:
to many quilt shops between the house and here.  Stopped at two.  Found the fabrics for my nieces quilt at one and some fat quarters and a wool project at the other.  I've been wanting to try one for awhile ant this looked like a good one for a beginner.  I' ll post pictures when I get home.   

A blessing and a curse having too many quilt shops along the way. LOL. Good to hear you found your fabrics and a wool project. I love wool, and have a project myself nearing completion that I love. It's fall pumpkins and leaves with a straw basket. I think I posted it a while back. have lots of patterns and have been collecting to make several. They're  a simple, quick grab project for stitching when you need something you don't want to have to put too much focus into. Great way to practice stitches too. On this one I've done lazy daisies, french knots, chain stitch and blanket stitch. I figured why get locked in to just doing the blanket stitch.      

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,170
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 11:20 AM

Robin, can't wait to see your pics.  It's not too many quilt shops that's the problem.  It's too little money and time that causes it.  See, I've thought this through, lol.  Too many quilt shops is a good thing.

Hope you're having a fabulous Tuesday. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,170
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 11:24 AM

Stephanie:
I do have one of those Rug Doctor upright carpet cleaners for the carpet. It does a beautiful job, but you have to pull it backwards to clean and it's heavy to manuever for someone with back issues. Mike and I trade off using it depending on who's more up for it at the time. LOL

Thank goodness for that.  What a money saver those things are.

Stephanie:
At least I can say this is the first time in several years that we've had rains like this that have caused these issues, and for that I'm thankful. On the other hand, hopefully the heavy rains will keep the water table high so the brush fire season will keep at bay...

Yes, this is a good thing.  I've actually seen standing water in retention ponds again.  It's been far too long.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,463
Points 137,968
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 4:00 PM

Linny t:
What a money saver those things are.

I was burning thru the cheap ones about every year or less. This one has been a die hard.

Linny t:
I've actually seen standing water in retention ponds again.  It's been far too long.  

That's great to hear for your area too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,974
Points 63,980
Robin replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 6:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all are off to a good day.   The conference is going good so far and I've learned some very interesting things about updates and changes in what I teach.  Yesterday I received the Teacher of the Year Award from one of the many sub groups of this conference.  FEFACS Florida Educators of Family and Consumer Sciences.  Unfortunately I missed that session because I was freezing to death and left for about an hour to warm up.   But being the good friends they are I was tracked down an awarded my certificate.  

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

Congratulations, Robin, that is great!! 

I hope you all are having a great Wednesday!   I am not even dressed yet. George is going golfing and who knows what I will do.  I called and got an appointment with an orthopedic doctor to have my arm and shoulder checked next Tues. 6th. Remember, I said maybe George or I would change their name about me getting a guinea pig .. ...... well, I have changed my mind; I don't want one.  I don't mind keeping Rosie as long as needed, but they are a lot of work and I guess I am set in my ways now and don't want things to change.  I haven't told George yet. lol  It is probably really good that we had this opportunity to keep Rosie!   Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:24 AM

wahoo Robin. Congratulations on your wonderful award!!!

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,463
Points 137,968
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:33 AM

Robin:
 Yesterday I received the Teacher of the Year Award from one of the many sub groups of this conference.

Robin,

Heartfelt Congratulations to you! You deserve it, and I'm so happy for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,463
Points 137,968
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:40 AM

normajo1030:
I am not even dressed yet. George is going golfing and who knows what I will do.  I called and got an appointment with an orthopedic doctor to have my arm and shoulder checked next Tues. 6th.

Are you ok Jo? I was down yesterday and never did get dressed. Mike was joining some friends for a baseball game yesterday after work, so he never knew the difference. Sorry to read you are having troubles with your arm and shoulder. Is it a recurring problem or a first?

normajo1030:
I said maybe George or I would change their name about me getting a guinea pig .. ...... well, I have changed my mind; I don't want one.

I'm glad you had the chance to keep one on the short term too. I'm afraid I have reached a phase that no more small animals are in the plans for me either. Birds for years and years, fish, ferret, hamsters. I'll save them for the youngers that have more energy.

Hope you get to feeling better and that George enjoys his golf game.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,463
Points 137,968
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:48 AM

Working from home today. I have a large console table to do a two color paint -sand through technique on. I've had to sand and sand. Whoever had finished it originally had never primed it and the top was made of particle board. Somewhere along the line someone had left something wet sit on it in areas and the particle board top had bubbled up from underneath. Sand, prime, sand some more to see if I can get it to level out before I paint it.  Waiting for the second coat of primer to dry and thought I'd check in.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,170
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:19 AM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all are off to a good day.   The conference is going good so far and I've learned some very interesting things about updates and changes in what I teach.  Yesterday I received the Teacher of the Year Award from one of the many sub groups of this conference.  FEFACS Florida Educators of Family and Consumer Sciences.  Unfortunately I missed that session because I was freezing to death and left for about an hour to warm up.   But being the good friends they are I was tracked down an awarded my certificate.  

Robin, someone finally did this.  Yeah!!!  Congratulations!  I salute you, too!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,170
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:22 AM

Jo, you are saving yourself a considerable amount of time and trouble not getting a guinea pig.  They are a lot of work.  

Linny T

Page 91 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev8990919293Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use