rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:11 PM

Robin:
Donn and I leave tomorrow to go to a conference in Ponte Verde.  I'm hoping to stop at some quilt shops on the way since I haven't been to one all summer and I need to find fabrics for my niece's Christmas Quilt.  Browns and Turquoises her Mama said was her current favorites.

Good luck to you both on your conference.  How long will you be gone?  Hope you find lots of perfect fabrics for your niece's Christmas quilt.  It'll be nice for you & Donn to get away together, even if it is work related.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:13 PM

Diane:

Linny t:
Diane, it was cool outside that day and I've always felt that it was the heat of my hand that kind of "woke him up".

You are right Linny.  When lizards get too cold, they can't move sometimes.  What a wonderful thing to witness.  I hope I'll be seeing it soon--and taking pictures! 

I hope you do, too, Diane.  I'm excited for you.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:18 PM

Lillie:

Diane:

I just had a thought.  I am interested in making a sewing machine cover.  My machine is in my living room so it would be great to get rid of the plastic cover and replace it with a gorgeous crazy quilt cover!!!

That's a great idea Diane.

I was wondering if we'd like to consider creating our own projects and then send them around the group for embellishment. In Diane's case, she would send the fabric that she wanted to use as the sewing machine cover and we embellish it. Someone else might send the fabric they want to use as the Victorian purse. I might send the piece I want to use as a small wall hanging. 

Just a thought.

I'm not sure I understand.  Are you saying like sending a block, pieced, only shaped like our end project, Lillie?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 5:43 AM

Hi everyone. I've had troubles posting with Internet Explorer.  Switched to Chrome and seems to have worked just fine. Maybe dumb luck. LOL. Just wanted to let you know in case anyone else has had issues. I did see a link on the Home Page about how to make the site work with IE. I may have to check it out.

Happy Monday....

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 7:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up at slowly working my way to at-it.

Again thanks for all the nice comments about the garters.   I haven't given them to her let but hopefully they will fit just fine and I'll be done with them.

Diane,  I will be happy to take some pictures and post them when I get back from Ponte Verde.   I would love to share my quilt and Alaska experience with anyone who will listen. We saw so much and had such a good time, I'm hoping to go back one day soon.

Have a great day everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 11:20 AM

Robin, I want to see pics of your Alaska quilt in progress, too.  Hope you're having fun today.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 11:21 AM

I had trouble posting yesterday, too.  I'd be right in the middle of a post and it'd disconnect.  I know it wasn't Chrome because it only happened with this site.  Seems better today, though.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 5:57 PM

Robin:
I would love to share my quilt and Alaska experience with anyone who will listen. We saw so much and had such a good time, I'm hoping to go back one day soon.

Hope you had a great trip with Donn today and found some fabrics for your Niece's quilt. I too would love to see a progress pic of your Alaska quilt and share any experience you want to tell us about.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 6:00 PM

Linny t:
 Seems better today, though.

No problems at all. Is it just me or have they added some wording to the start up of the group invitation?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 6:04 PM

Stephanie:
Hi everyone. I've had troubles posting with Internet Explorer.

That was why I couldn't get on this site.  I only had Explorer and couldn't get on Google Chrome because of viruses.  I have been using Chrome for a while and it works great!  It seems very up to date which I found out Explorer is not.  Good luck with Chrome. I love it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 6:16 PM

Crazy day in my neck of the woods. Took the mountain dog home this morning. Had some befuddling events along the way of the day and I can't remember when I've been happier to come home. LOL

When we got here the neighbors chickens were out and oh my they have grown. They've taken such care of them they could be show chickens. The funniest things is there is a rooster in the mix and hearing him crow reminds me of a teenage boy trying to sing thru puberty with his voice changing. I remember Paul in those years. Part in tune and part shrill. LOL.

Looking forward to having the house back to some state of normalcy without the extra fur baby.  She's been wonderful company, but it was time for her to go back home. If I didn't work, it would have been easier I think. But the water from the rains has turned to mud and between her and Gabby running around to play it became quite a chore to keep the muddy tracks cleaned up. It's not so easy to get up and down to the ground as it used to be. LOL. That being said, I'm sure we'll have her from time to time for a weekend and she'll be a welcome guest.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 6:27 PM

Diane:
Good luck with Chrome. I love it.

I'm starting to get used to it. It's been hard to switch over for me getting used to Bookmarks vs. favorites. My reluctance to change over was mostly due to the fact that I really liked my msn homepage, but it got to where it was taking too long to load and wasting my time in doing so. Our electronic world changes so fast these days. Lots of wonderful, and lots of not so wonderful with viruses...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:31 PM

Stephanie:
Looking forward to having the house back to some state of normalcy without the extra fur baby.  She's been wonderful company, but it was time for her to go back home. If I didn't work, it would have been easier I think. But the water from the rains has turned to mud and between her and Gabby running around to play it became quite a chore to keep the muddy tracks cleaned up. It's not so easy to get up and down to the ground as it used to be. LOL. That being said, I'm sure we'll have her from time to time for a weekend and she'll be a welcome guest.

I know you'll miss MD, but she was a large puppy, wasn't she?  I didn't realize you had mud.  Oh my goodness, you poor thing cleaning mud off the carpet.  I used to be graceful getting up and down off the floor, but now it's not a pretty sight, lol.  I can't imagine cleaning mud every day.  I bet it's hard for you to keep all those fur babies cleaned, too.  One less makes that easier.  Like you say, she'll come back to visit from time to time.  I've enjoyed all the MD adventures.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 5:40 AM

Good Morning Everyone, 

Hope your Monday went well and that Tuesday is awesome.

Made it to Pontre Verdre yesterday with only one problem to many quilt shops between the house and here.  Stopped at two.  Found the fabrics for my nieces quilt at one and some fat quarters and a wool project at the other.  I've been wanting to try one for awhile ant this looked like a good one for a beginner.  I' ll post pictures when I get home.   

Got to get moving so I can be ready when Donn is. Have a great day. 

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:00 AM

I can't wait to see and read all about your time in Alaska.

northern colorado

Page 90 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev8889909192Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use