My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 9:18 PM

Is the September RR about purses or anything Victorian?

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,016
Points 64,990
Robin replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 7:41 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Friday,  I know those of you with traditional work weeks are thankful to see it here. 

Yesterday went very well the rain held off and the sun came out.  The family has had lots of time to visit with each other and even made plans to get together in Destin next summer.  Will see how that goes.

Jo, Can't wait to see your cake pop holder. 

Diane,  Your dragons add so much interest to our lives.  Can't wait to see this all work out.  14 weeks makes the end if October?

Hope you all have a great day.   The sun is out which is a lovely thing.

As for the project I'm up for anything.   We can go back to the purse idea or maybe we could do another block.   If we keep working on blocks eventually everyone would have enough to put together in some kind of table runner or something?   Of something entirely different.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 11:20 AM

Diane:

Is the September RR about purses or anything Victorian?  Victorian was the theme.  The project can be anything.  I have started on my purse by myself, so I think I'll pick some other object.  We could all just do blocks again.  It's up for discussion.  We can all pick a new theme if that's what you all want.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 11:49 AM

I wanted to share this link to a pic of a really pretty CQ, called Mother & Child.  I found it through the Plays With Needles blog, written by Susan Elliot, which I think I've shared before.  This particular post is her telling about a conference called Saving our Stories about preserving the quilt story in our digital age. It was held at a quilt exhibit and there are links to pics of some of her favorite quilts at the bottom.  I love to read her blog and to follow her creative endeavors.  

Anyways, check it out.  Happy Friday, everyone!

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 12:44 PM

The Mother and Child quilt is absolutely gorgeous and touching.  What a great idea she had.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 12:52 PM

I just had a thought.  I am interested in making a sewing machine cover.  My machine is in my living room so it would be great to get rid of the plastic cover and replace it with a gorgeous crazy quilt cover!!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,531
Points 138,978
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 3:19 PM

Diane:
 When they finish hatching which will take maybe 2 days, I'll put them in a tank that's not too big.

Oh so soon!!! That's  going to be so fun to see them crack and hatch out of the eggs. I can only imagine how cute they'll be. We've had lots of teeny baby frogs about, but I don't think I've seen teeny lizards, or tiny crickets for that matter . Yes, to the comment of don't think the large ones will care. LOL. I don't think it's in their make up either, especially since they don't nurse.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 3:25 PM

One time when I was gardening, I picked up a clay pot that had another clay pot inside it.  When I pulled them apart a tiny egg fell onto my hand.  I held it, open handed, and felt it jiggle.  Low and behold, it hatched right then and a baby lizard crawled out of it, no bigger than my thumbnail.  I held it for a bit in complete amazement, then put it inside the pot I'd taken out and covered it with leaves so it could hide until it was ready to defend itself.  I thought of it as a little miracle.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,531
Points 138,978
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 3:29 PM

Linny t:
I wanted to share this link to a pic of a really pretty CQ, called Mother & Child.  I found it through the Plays With Needles blog, written by Susan Elliot, which I think I've shared before.

She's an amazingly gifted artist. I didn't know she and Allie Aller were friends. Can you just imagine? Thanks for the post Linny. I'd love to go through and catch up on it and haven't been there since her Tiffany CQ.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,531
Points 138,978
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 3:31 PM

Diane:

I just had a thought.  I am interested in making a sewing machine cover.  My machine is in my living room so it would be great to get rid of the plastic cover and replace it with a gorgeous crazy quilt cover!!!

That's an awesome thought! Love it. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,531
Points 138,978
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 3:35 PM

Robin:

Happy Friday,  I know those of you with traditional work weeks are thankful to see it here. 

Happy Friday to you too! I hope your plans for a get together next year pan out for all of you. I sometimes feel our youngsters are going to lose out on their extended families unless everyone makes the time to be together.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 3:56 PM

Diane:

That is a fantastic idea, Diane.  Maybe Stephanie will have to make one for her Featherweight.  Wouldn't that be adorable?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 4:01 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
I wanted to share this link to a pic of a really pretty CQ, called Mother & Child.  I found it through the Plays With Needles blog, written by Susan Elliot, which I think I've shared before.

She's an amazingly gifted artist. I didn't know she and Allie Aller were friends. Can you just imagine? Thanks for the post Linny. I'd love to go through and catch up on it and haven't been there since her Tiffany CQ.  

She really is.  She was doing an art quilt that was a picture of a "gramma" type person sitting in a chair.  She researched doll making to get it just perfect.  The blog about it was amazing to follow.  Sometimes she blogs about her family, too and even that's fun.  Like the tradition she has with her family gathering for the 4th of July, making something wearable.  I think it would be amazing to be friends with Allie Aller. 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 4:06 PM

Linny t:
 Low and behold, it hatched right then and a baby lizard crawled out of it, no bigger than my thumbnail.  I held it for a bit in complete amazement, then put it inside the pot I'd taken out and covered it with leaves so it could hide until it was ready to defend itself.  I thought of it as a little miracle.

Amazing story Linny!  I read that it may take a couple of days for mine to fully hatch after the process starts.  That one was ready and you were so kind to him.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,531
Points 138,978
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 6:07 AM

Linny t:

One time when I was gardening, I picked up a clay pot that had another clay pot inside it.  When I pulled them apart a tiny egg fell onto my hand.  I held it, open handed, and felt it jiggle.  Low and behold, it hatched right then and a baby lizard crawled out of it, no bigger than my thumbnail.  I held it for a bit in complete amazement, then put it inside the pot I'd taken out and covered it with leaves so it could hide until it was ready to defend itself.  I thought of it as a little miracle.

That's incredible. God winked at you that day. It must have been amazing to watch, and how sweet and intuitive that you tucked it back in. Thanks for sharing such a neat experience in nature. 

Page 88 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev8687888990Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use