rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,075
Robin replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:53 AM

Jo,

I never did answer you about the cake pop stand.   I think Stephanie's idea was terrific with the florist foam.  You might need to glue it to some type of base for weight to keep it from toppling over.   You might also paint a clay pot a color of your choice and fill it with florist foam and top that with some Great stuff which would kinda let you make a hump like a hill.  Then cover that with whatever fits the occasion.  Like for a Easter event you could use Easter Grass, for a birthday bows, for Christmas batting to make snow, etc.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:18 AM

Stephanie:

Lillie:
What's the url for this downloadable book?

Here's the url: http://shop.needlenthread.com/product/lavender-honey-other-little-things

Thank you Stephanie

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:23 AM

WOW look at the icing on the cupcakes and cookies. They are really beautiful.

I bet that was tons of fun having the birds land on you and feed them from your hand. My hummers let me walk within about 2 feet from them before they fly away. Yesterday we had 7 of them on the feeders. Every year we get a few more. We are just on the outer rim of their flight path.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 11:42 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Ohhh, a finished project.  I remember those, lol.

LOL.

Happy Birthday to you!!!

Thank you Stephanie.  You are a darling for remembering.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 11:43 AM

Linny t:

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Ohhh, a finished project.  I remember those, lol.

LOL.

Happy Birthday to you!!!

Thank you Stephanie.  You are a darling for remembering.

It's actually tomorrow, but it's my birthday week, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 12:21 PM

Linny t:

It's actually tomorrow, but it's my birthday week, lol.

Oh good Lord, sorry about that. I'm just learning to use the reminder on my phone and I set it a day early so I wouldn't forget. LOL. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 12:30 PM

Robin,

Your cupcakes and cookies are divine. I had no idea you were doing such decoration on them. The hydrangea icing on the cupcakes looks so delicate and realistic. And the cookies with the wedding dresses and cake are just beautiful. Hope everyone just loved them.

I like your sewing caddy. What a handy tool to have by your machine. I am constantly looking for a place to put my scissors, and then looking for where I put them when I do lay them down. This solves that and gives you a nice big pin cushion to boot.

Loved reading about the zoo and it's history. Thanks for sharing it and the pic of Keeley feeding the Lorakeet. She looks like such a sweet young lady.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,075
Robin replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:49 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Starting to get back into my routine as school will be starting up soon and I want to be back on track.  Woke to the sound of rain pelting down against the window so it is another wet day in North Florida.

Yesterday was fairly simple.  Got some more blocks made on my Remembering Alaska Quilt.  When to school and did some rearranging, and worked a little on my purse.   I cooked a pork roast for dinner with sides and made homemade spaghetti sauce to use to create a pan of lasagna for Thursday night's dinner.

Today is going to be a little more of the same but I've got to do some school work.  Yes it's time to start getting things ready for the beginning of the year.  I have unfortunately put off a lot of the things I was going to attempt to get done this summer so now my list is to long for the time remaining.   Oh well! summer has been fun and I'm not complaining.  I can't believe that a year ago today I was leaving for my trip to Alaska.  Guess part of today will have to be spent looking at pictures of our trip. 

Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments about my pictures.  The cookies and cupcakes got a lot of compliments at the shower as well.   I wish I had more time to do stuff like that.  And reason!

I hope that you all have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 7:59 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Just wanted to share this little story with you. This morning (6:00am) DH went out to put seed in the bird feeder in the front yard. As he walked over to the the feeder 6 (six) ducks came waddling out going quack, quack, quack. And then they flew away. He thinks it was this years hatch from the male and female ducks that visit us for the past 4 years. He said he has noticed over the past few days that the bark under the feeder has been overturned and he wondered what was doing that. OMG! How cool is that!!!!!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 11:26 AM

Pretty cool, Lillie.  Pretty cool, indeed.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 12:37 PM

Linny t:

Pretty cool, Lillie.  Pretty cool, indeed.

They came back and we watched them from the second story window. And there were 7 of them not 6.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 4:59 PM

Robin:

Yesterday was fairly simple.  Got some more blocks made on my Remembering Alaska Quilt.  When to school and did some rearranging, and worked a little on my purse.   I cooked a pork roast for dinner with sides and made homemade spaghetti sauce to use to create a pan of lasagna for Thursday night's dinner.

Sounds like a full day to me. It was wonderful to read that you have managed some quilting time. It'll be so nice to be able to see your Alaska quilt and reflect the wonderful time you had.  It's hard to believe that you are back to getting ready for the school year already. Summer has flown by...

Robin:
I wish I had more time to do stuff like that.  And reason!

It  would be fun. I keep hoping one day Paul's going to tie the knot. Another year gone by, and he has a lovely girlfriend that the whole family loves. Maybe she's the one.

Hope you had a wonderful wednesday too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 135,013
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 5:01 PM

Lillie:
Just wanted to share this little story with you. This morning (6:00am) DH went out to put seed in the bird feeder in the front yard. As he walked over to the the feeder 6 (six) ducks came waddling out going quack, quack, quack.

How fun for you both. I love ducks. Seven babies. That's really neat that that many are there. You'll have to try to steal some pic's for us if they come back.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:52 PM

Here are some pics of the incubator and eggs.  They all seem to be doing well.  They are put in deli cups with air holes and a special substrate to hold some moisture.You can see that as I took the pics the humidity quickly went down.  I got the incubator with the cups and substrate and a temperature chart for about $60.  It keeps the temp and humidity constant considering it's made out of styrafoam.

Underneith

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:54 PM

Oh Diane! How exciting for you. Thank you so much for posting the picks of your babies and of course Nellie, who did all the work.

northern colorado

Page 86 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev8485868788Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use