rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 8:04 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your Monday is off to a good start and that your day is filled with joy and peace.

Our little world got a little dimmer last night as Donn's Grandmother passed away.   Although we are filled with sadness at the thought of missing he,r we have found great peace in a couple of things; one she went peacefully in her sleep, she never really came out of the condition that the morphine put her in, second she was in that state very long, we know that would have made her very unhappy, third she lived a good long life, she would have been 98 years young  and finally peace is easy to find when you know that she is going to be waiting on the other side to greet each and everyone of us.  She has been a tremendous gift in my life being the grandmother I lost so many years ago and then watching her be the great grandma to my children, much like the one I enjoyed as a child.  We are deeply blessed because of the leadership of this lady in our family.

With that said I wanted to say thank you to all of you for your prayers and know that they have been answered,  I know in my heart that she is completed restored in  body, mind and spirit today.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 9,405

Linny t:
Jo, your idea is a good idea to make the hand towels longer.  I'd like to see a picture.

Ok, Linny, Here is towels b4 and after.  I just did a long zigzag to fasten them together.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:36 AM

Robin, so sorry for yours and Donn's loss and your girls, too.  I know you're very sad, but also so wise to recognize the blessings of it.  Like you said, she is fully restored with her savior today.  She's having her first "really" good day ever.  God bless you all...

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:38 AM

Thats such a good idea, Jo.  I don't know why they make hand towels so short to begin with, but you sure found a simple solution, didn't you?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:42 AM

Stephanie:
I also downloaded Mary Corbett's new book  I've loved following the little projects and was looking forward to seeing them all put together. She did a wonderful job with it. Her photo's and attention to detail are excellent as always.

I am going to do this, too, but not this month as I've already exceeded my craft budget for July.  I loved that little book and she's so meticulous in her approach to everything that I know what to expect with the quality.  I'll get it next month.  What's your favorite project in it?

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:10 PM

Robin,

I am so sorry for your family's loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:11 PM

Linny t:

Stephanie:
I also downloaded Mary Corbett's new book  I've loved following the little projects and was looking forward to seeing them all put together. She did a wonderful job with it. Her photo's and attention to detail are excellent as always.

I am going to do this, too, but not this month as I've already exceeded my craft budget for July.  I loved that little book and she's so meticulous in her approach to everything that I know what to expect with the quality.  I'll get it next month.  What's your favorite project in it?

What's the url for this downloadable book?

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 5:59 PM

Lillie:
What's the url for this downloadable book?

Here's the url: http://shop.needlenthread.com/product/lavender-honey-other-little-things

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 6:04 PM

Linny t:
 What's your favorite project in it?

I think the little beehive needlebook would be my fav. I love that she put little bees inside too. All of the projects are just adorable and I think a great way to practice stitches and have a project to show for it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 6:07 PM

normajo1030:
Here is towels b4 and after.

What a great idea Jo. This gives you double the thickness and the full length of the towel too. I'm definitely going to have to make a couple of these for my kitchen.Thanks for sharing the idea with us.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 6:18 PM

Robin:
She has been a tremendous gift in my life being the grandmother I lost so many years ago and then watching her be the great grandma to my children, much like the one I enjoyed as a child.  We are deeply blessed because of the leadership of this lady in our family.

Robin,

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute to her.  I'd like to think that our loved ones and our beloved pets will be there on the other side. It helps me bear the burden of not having them here with me. 97 years old is an amazing testament to her life as well. I feel in my heart you will miss her deeply as will your family, and I offer up a prayer for you all.  May God bless all of you through this sorrowful time and rejoice in the blessings that you had so many years to love her and recieve her love as well.  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 9,405

Robin:
Our little world got a little dimmer last night

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Donn's grandmother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.   Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 9:58 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
 What's your favorite project in it?

I think the little beehive needlebook would be my fav. I love that she put little bees inside too. All of the projects are just adorable and I think a great way to practice stitches and have a project to show for it.

That one looks sweet and so does the lavender one.  Like you said, iIt is a perfect way to practice stitching and ending up with a little finished project...Ohhh, a finished project.  I remember those, lol.  They'd make sweet little gifts, too.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:34 AM

Linny t:
Ohhh, a finished project.  I remember those, lol.

LOL.

Happy Birthday to you!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:47 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your day is full of promise and hope this morning.

Yesterday was primarily spent with Donn's family making arrangements and reliving memories, all of which are necessary.  We will be having the services on Thursday and then it will be the process of moving forward.  Since it was such a quite day yesterday I got a few little things done at the sewing machine.  One of them was this little sewing caddy.   I recent had my chair that I sit and sew in recovered so I wanted to protect the arms.  I found this pattern online and it was really easy.  I did chose not to slip stitch it close so that I could take it off and wash it if need me.

Here are some pictures of the cookies and cupcakes from the shower.   Unfortunately, I didn't get the pictures taken when I had everything plated.

For the animal lovers in this group I wanted to share this picture of Keeley feeding a Lorikeet at the Nashville Zoo.  This was one of the things we did in Nashville.  The birds were so cool because they drink sugar water like a hummingbird and so you could buy a cup of this water and go into the habit and if you held the cup still the birds would come up and drink and if you were real still the birds would actually climb on you.  You can't see it in this picture but their breast are bright reds, oranges and yellows.   The zoo has an amazing story.  The land it sits on was owned by two sisters who almost went broke trying to save it from the development of a industrial park.  They finally donated it to the Children's Museum with two conditions one that both sisters could live on the property in the family home until their death and that the house would not be tore down.  The museum eventually has to give the land to the city as they cannot afford the taxes.  The city instead of building the industrial park honors the sister's wishes and preserves the land  moving the Nashville Zoo to the land.  The house is still standing with an exhibit of farm animals including black Clydesdale, which some of my students had never seen black or otherwise.   During the civil war the farm was repeatedly pillage and damaged by the soldiers but never the house.    Sorry to be so long winded but it was just such an incredible story.

The rest of this week we are going to work on odds and ends around the house.  We bought the paint for the from porch but with this rain I'm not sure when I'm going to do it.  I also need to go see my mom this week.  I'll probably go Friday. 

Linny,   Can you post the link to the Corbett's ebook on one the resource page so it's easy to find in a few months when the cash flow is back to normal in this house.

Jo,  What a neat idea for the kitchen towels.  I'll have to try it.

Everyone thank you for the condolences and prayers.  I think everyone has it put into perspective, but I'm sure it is going to be very hard on Thursday when the realism sets in.   I also think that the next few months are going to be very hard for Donn's Mom.  She is use to going and checking on Greatma at least twice a week, and calling her daily.  Not to mention she was with us every holiday, so I know Christmas and Thanksgiving will be tough this year.    I just got to remember to put calling her more often to see what they are doing on my to do list at least until she has dealt with her lost.  

Sorry for the long post but this week is all about catching up and getting done.

Robin

Page 85 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev8384858687Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use