My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 8:47 AM

I'm struggling a bit physically this morning, but getting ready to make a template to drill for putting the handles on the drawers. I think if I make a center dot on the drawer and one on the template to match up and two for the handle holes it should make for an easy marking to drill. I have some clear template plastic and I'm going to use a tiny hole punch to mark. the centers of where I need to drill. That way I can just line up the center marks and use a fine point sharpie to mark the holes. Hope it goes as easy as the idea in my mind. LOL

Later this evening we've been invited to my son's house for dinner and a game of cards. Looking forward to that. I'm going to make some brownies and I bought a bottle of Chocolate Raspberry dessert wine to take with. Something different to add to their collection.    

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:27 AM

Barb said that she's had 3 more offers since the one yesterday and they were for more.  Still she's already accepted the one from yesterday.  I'm amazed the market is so good right now.

Lillie, your plans for your table sound wonderful.  Stephanie's idea about the 1/2 round seems like a really good one.  If you put muslin on, how would you clean it?  I'm sure it's going to turn out beautifully, whichever way you go.  Can't wait to see pics...

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:34 AM

Robin:
A bit of sadness going on in my world right now.  Donn's precious Grandma has taken a turn for the worst. 
 That is sad, Robin.  Dumb doctors.  I think sometimes they don't look at the elderly as people worth saving sometimes.  Otherwise they'd spend more time making sure they are right about meds at times like this.  When Ricky passed hospice was such a great help to me.  I'll keep Donn's Grandma in my prayers.  Hopefully she'll come out of it.

I once had a wooden white house with black trim and we did the porch floor in a nice med. dark blueish-gray.  I loved the way it looked.

I hope you have a sweet day, too, licking the icing off your elbows, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:34 AM

Linny t:

Barb said that she's had 3 more offers since the one yesterday and they were for more.  Still she's already accepted the one from yesterday.  I'm amazed the market is so good right now.

That's amazing Linny. She'll have backups in case the financing on the first falls thru.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:41 AM

Stephanie:
I'm struggling a bit physically this morning, but getting ready to make a template to drill for putting the handles on the drawers. I think if I make a center dot on the drawer and one on the template to match up and two for the handle holes it should make for an easy marking to drill. I have some clear template plastic and I'm going to use a tiny hole punch to mark. the centers of where I need to drill. That way I can just line up the center marks and use a fine point sharpie to mark the holes. Hope it goes as easy as the idea in my mind. LOL
 Sounds like a much better plan than I would come up with.  Once I replaced all the handles on my kitchen cabinets.  There were something like 26 handles in all.  The one's I took off were 1 hole, so I just measured from the hole up the distance and drilled a hole.  Of course, I didn't take into account the width of the hole, so all of them were just a bit too long.  I had to go back and redrill just a tiny bit lower, thinking the whole time, "Darn I wish I could just stretch them."  That metal just would not stretch.  Luckily the handles hid the holes and they weren't loose from the 2 holes.  Live and learn, lol.  I bet yours work the first time and turn out great.

Have fun tonight.  Your desert sounds a perfect combination.  I've never had Chocolate Raspberry dessert wine.  It sounds like it could stand alone for dessert, but with brownies....mmmmm....

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:52 AM

Linny t:
"Darn I wish I could just stretch them."  That metal just would not stretch.  Luckily the handles hid the holes and they weren't loose from the 2 holes.  Live and learn, lol.

LOL. They don't stretch too well, but at least it all worked out in the end for you. I have a cabinet job coming up that I have to replace 36 handles so I thought it best to practice on mine first.

Linny t:
I've never had Chocolate Raspberry dessert wine.  It sounds like it could stand alone for dessert

I'd liken it to a white russian, only the flavor of chocolate and raspberry. It's kind of creamy looking. Different, and you're right. I think it could stand alone. 

• Filed under: |
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 12:39 PM

Robin,

I'm so sorry to hear about Donn's Grandma. What horrible treatment she received and what a shame. I do pray that she pulls out of it and recovers.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 12:42 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie:

I was thinking of covering the entire top with muslin, which would hide the sides of the MDF and then place the mat on top of that. I really wanted to have the mat stay in place and not slide around. Wonder what to do about this?

I just had a thought about this. I found a 1 1/2 inch half round moulding (Pic below) that would be perfect if you're going to use a hollow door for the top. It would ony take a few miter cuts to finish off. You could trim the side of the tabletop with this as sand the corners so they're not pointy and it would finish off the edges so that fabric wouldn't grab. Also if you put them on 5/32 above the surface of the edge your mat would fit right in there like a framed picture with no slippage.

Pic of half round:  

Once you prime the mdf you should be able to sand it smooth so it won't snag. It just burrs up during priming and once it's sanded and finish coated it should be as smooth as furniture. Are you going to put locking wheels on it so you can move it to vacuum under? I put them on the heavy  wood pub table on the back porch and I love being able to move it around easily when I need to. 

Stephanie,

You are just the smartest lady in the world! I really mean that with all my heart.

I absolutely did not know that I could sand MDF. I figures it would just crumble under the sander. And what a fantastic idea about putting the 1/2 round just a tab bit higer than the surface of the MDF to hold the mat in-place. Thank you so much for all the info.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 3:48 PM

Lillie,

Thanks so much for the compliment. And you are so welcome. Hope everything turns out beautifully for you.   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,560
Robin replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 6:24 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you woke up to a beautiful day no matter what the weather is like in you part of the world.  I awoke to the patter of little rain drops falling on my newly clean house. Laurie's sweet guy came yesterday and finished the pressure washing and now our white house is white again.  

Well, I wish I could say I finished the cupcakes but I still have icing to finish.  Shouldn't take me long.  Today will be get things ready for the shower, have the shower, and of course clean up from the shower.   But this evening will be rest from the shower.  Pictures will be forth coming.

Stephanie,  You are a lady of many talents.  I would not have a clue where to start drilling holes so my cabinets would look a little like woody woodpecker did the job.

Linny,  Great to hear that Barb has back ups.

Lillie,  I'm so excited about your sewing room can't wait to see it.

Everyone have a great day.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 7:26 AM

Robin:
I hope you woke up to a beautiful day no matter what the weather is like in you part of the world. 

Thank u Robin. I hope the sprinkles let up so you can have a bright sunshiny day for the shower. Can't wait to see pic's

Robin:
I would not have a clue where to start drilling holes so my cabinets would look a little like woody woodpecker did the job.

LOL. And  I don't have your skills for baking and cooking. When my cakes came out looking like a pan of brownies I knew that I could never bake. I tried bread, cakes and seems everything fell like pancakes. LOL 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 9,420

Robin:
Well, I wish I could say I finished the cupcakes but I still have icing to finish.

Robin, I am so sorry to hear about Donn's grandma.....I think you are right about the doctors not reading the charts. Everytime you go to a doctor they have you fill out what meds you are taking and the OTC meds......well, I am taking Gabapenten and am also taking Magnesium and I happened to read on the Gabapenten that you shouldn't take an ant-acid with magnesium in it with Gabapenten.  The doctor never said anything about it.  I started taking my magnesium and other OTC pills in the middle of the day instead of the morning.   I take magnesium because I read you should take it if you take vitamin D; it makes it work better.  

When I read about the cupcakes you are making it reminded me; I bought this thing that makes "cakesicles" when I was up in Ohio. You put craft sticks in them after they are baked. It bakes 5 at a time.  You only use 1 -2 Tbs. in each one.  It says one cake mix will make 50 - 54 cakesicles.  I thought the kids at church would like them, when we have "Finger Food Fellowship" the last Sun. of each month.  I told George I will need help icing them.  I am just trying to figure how to stand them up in something to serve them......any suggestions??   I only paid $6 for it.  

You asked what my next project is...... I am still working on the cat quilt for George and I; it was put aside when Haley was here. First tho' I bought four hand towels when we were in Ohio and I am going to sew each two together at the ends to make one long hand towel by the bathroom sink.   I like to do that so water does not get on the wall when reaching for the towel.

Stephanie, your idea for Lillie sounds good.  How long are you keeping the Mountain dog?  

I changed my personal email to   mrsdoll427@gmail.com  since I am using Google to get on to our site.  I like having personal stuff separate from other stuff. 

I hope you all have a satisfying Sat.       Jo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:19 AM

normajo1030:
I am just trying to figure how to stand them up in something to serve them......any suggestions??

What a fun idea. I wonder if a piece of floral foam would work? You'd probably have to secure it in a pan and cover it with parchment paper. You could start the holes with a steak knife. How to cover them to get them there is a whole other thought though

normajo1030:
First tho' I bought four hand towels when we were in Ohio and I am going to sew each two together at the ends to make one long hand towel by the bathroom sink.   I like to do that so water does not get on the wall when reaching for the towel.

Good idea.

normajo1030:
Stephanie, your idea for Lillie sounds good.  How long are you keeping the Mountain dog?

Thank you Jo.

I think we'll have her through the first week of August. It will have been 8 weeks total. The people that own her usually take her back and forth to New York, but they sold their house up there earlier than they expected and moved into a temporary place that they didn't feel would be safe for her. Too close to the road, and she had a habit of bounding out the door when you open it. I've pretty much cured her of that. It was funny. The lady came back to Naples and Mike took the dog for a visit to stay overnight. The next day he went back and she said, "What have you done to my dog. She's so well behaved and calm." Sweet.

Sometimes people don't understand that some breeds of  dogs are "working dogs". They have to be able to get out and run to expend some of that incredible energy. She gets a lot of run time in our big yard. I've really had to work with her to wait her turn and not snatch treats out of my hand. You'd probably laugh, but they all sit out there and I say their name as I give them their treat. She's a smart dog at least, and catching on with the program. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 5:45 PM

It's mighty quiet around here today.  I hope that means everyone is having a delightful Sunday.  

Robin, how did the shower go?  Did you finish the beaded embroidery?  

Diane, anything new with your connectivity problem?  I was hoping the update to this site cured some of those problems.  Can't wait to hear about the dragon eggs.

Stephanie, hope your day is wonderful.

Darlene, any luck getting that sun tan even?

Jo, your idea is a good idea to make the hand towels longer.  I'd like to see a picture.

Have a good evening everyone.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 7:04 PM

Linny t:

It's mighty quiet around here today.  I hope that means everyone is having a delightful Sunday.  

It is quiet, and I hope you and everyone have had the same.

Had a rather lazy day myself. Wound some flosses onto bobbins, organized them by number and filled a chart of them so I can take it shopping next time. I also downloaded Mary Corbett's new book  I've loved following the little projects and was looking forward to seeing them all put together. She did a wonderful job with it. Her photo's and attention to detail are excellent as always.

outside of that it was all business. Faxes to type and send, bills to pay, proposals to print and that's it for the day.

Page 84 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev8283848586Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use