Really cute Normajo!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 11:50 AM

normajo1030:
I would go to the door and say "Come here bunny" and if he was withing hearing distance he/she would come running up on the deck where I had put the treats for him.  I never tried to touch him; I was just happy he came when I called him.
 That is so cute, Jo.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 11:54 AM

Lillie:

Sharon B's stencils are ready for purchase. Hopefully you received an email about them if you signed up for notification when they became available.

Thanks, Lillie.  I just ordered mine.  I can't wait to get them.  Judging from her talent at needlework, I bet they'll be perfectly designed.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 11:56 AM

normajo1030:

Stephanie:
What's your latest project now that you have the napkins finished.

Well, Stephanie, I have started another "cat quilt".  This one is for us.  I have taken a picture of the center panel for you all to see because you can see it better b/4 it is in the large finished quilt. I just love this scene, it is different from the first two. I have two pieces sewn on the bottom and top, plus I put the red frame around it. I folded the top of it under so that you could see the center better.   I guess I like it because Sammy is a yellow cat.

Jo, these panels are so cute.  Where did you get them?  They aren't "cartoonish" like some I've seen.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 12:09 PM

Diane:
Linny--I thought you were busy yesterday too. It sounds like Barbara is progressing well and still getting rid of stuff.  I need to do some work in that area.  You are making some good memories.
 Yes we are, Diane.  It's been fun to me and makes me feel useful.  It was also some good exercise.  I will miss spending the extra time with her.  She is about 30 mins. away at her new place.  Maybe I'll wait about a month and then invite her to come to my house and help me clear out my stuff, lol.  If I asked her today she'd probably say, "Sorry, no, I just can't."  She was totally wiped out still yesterday and today she told me her arms are achy.  Yesterday I did my chores and played with polymer clay some.   Barb hasn't really had time to explore her new town and we've talked about doing that some in the weeks to come.  It's a small town further in the country, so I bet there are quilts and antiques there, too.  See, I'm getting excited about it.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 2:34 PM

Robin:
Day one of Culinary Camp is about to start.    I made it to Miami safely however, I got lost trying to find the dorm, found Target instead,  which is good since some of the people who I knew before I got here needed to go.   So last night I was buzzing around driving them here and there.   Hooray for me I can still drive!
 It's empowering to go on a trip alone once you realize you can still navigate.  Hope you had a terrific day!
Robin:

Scripture from my devotion this morning:

The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear?  Ps27:1

I think He's trying to tell me something!

I love this...

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 3:06 PM

Linny t:
Barb's going to try online.  I woke up with a pretty good back ache.  I guess I over lifted.  Got a crick in my neck, too.

Linny, So sorry to hear this. Hope you're doing better today.

I'd love to see pictures of your beads you made. Hope you find the charger, but of course get your back and neck better first.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 3:08 PM

Diane:
The dragons are beginning to come when I call them---when they want to.  Some times the male will come on my easy chair and play---getting on my head and running around me.  Last week I called out--"Guido come to me so we cand play" and he came right away.

How cool is that!!! I'd be tickled to death to see something like that.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 3:13 PM

Robin,

So goor to hear you made it safely. Doesn't surprise me a bit that you chauffered people to target. You've got real courage to be in an unknown town and wheel around like that.

Thank you for the compliment. Too bad we don't all live closer. I could see lots of fun projects... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 3:21 PM

normajo1030:
Well, Stephanie, I have started another "cat quilt".

Jo,

That panel is adorable and I love the borders in it too. They're going to make such a neat quilt.

That was so cute about the wild bunny.Mike's uncle had a knack with animals like that. He had an otter that would come out of the river and eat hot dogs and fed squirrels and bluebirds. It was so neat to watch.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 3:30 PM

Lillie:

I started a new diet where you don't eat any processed foods or grains. I don't eat red meat or pork so I'll be eating a lot of chicken and fish. This will be a challenge for me because I LOVE BREAD!!!

I wish you all the best with this. How much do you want to lose?

Lillie:
Can you come to my house and help me re-do the kitchen cabinets? I think I counted once and we have 60 cabinet doors (upper and lower) and 13 drawer fronts. In the upper cabinets the very top shelves have nothing on them. And some of the second highest shelves have nothing on them either. Who can reach that high? Even on a step stool I can't reach it. I always have to stand on the counter top.  lol

Thank you for the compliment and WOW! That's a kitchen!!!! My goodness, I can't imagine having all that space.

Thanks for the heads up about the stencils. I've got mine ordered too.I haven't had time to check the pdf files. And like Linny, I'm certain that these have been well thought out. I took her class for Encrusted Crazy Quilting and you would not believe the detail she went into and the photos and photos of seam treatments. I printed them all to be able to carry with me and filled a notebook. I remember thinking it was kind of pricey in the beginning, but I learned so much and gained so much inspiration that in the end it was money well spent.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 3:34 PM

Linny t:
Barb hasn't really had time to explore her new town and we've talked about doing that some in the weeks to come.  It's a small town further in the country, so I bet there are quilts and antiques there, too.  See, I'm getting excited about it.

I envy you two being so close and having so much in common that life is an adventure. It sounds like fun exploring what her new town has to offer and look forward to hearing about it.

If she's anything like you, I know she'll be happy to come help in anyway she can. I know you both need rest for now and hope you can regroup quickly.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 3:58 PM

I think I've caught up.

Crazy day here. It was hard to leave the house after being home most of last week but I had a faux job to start. I really appreciated having the time to do some things around here and more appreciated that Mike was so thoughtful not to have me working outside in the heat all day.

It was a pretty easy day and on my way to the paint store I managed to veer off the main road right into Joann's parking lot. LOL. Darn truck has a mind of it's own. LOL. Haven't been there in forever, and had such a good time looking around to see what's new. I found some pretty little things for CQ and picked up some 4 for $10.00 t'shirts for work. Justified the trip saving all that money on tshirts. :0).

As the day progressed Mike had a back problem so I flew back to the job. I helped outside so Mike could rest and see if his problem waned. After a couple hours of sitting in the hot truck, he just had to go home. I feel bad for him. He's been working so many hours lately.

I came home to my squishy pack from Artbeads. I had started a run of outling a fabric on one of my blocks and head to order more beads to finsh and got some embellishments from their dollar sale. Stinkers gave me a coupon for 20 percent off my next order, so I'm sure I'll have to visit again.

I've decided to take a sketch book and block on our mini trip. We have an eleven hour drive and it'll be a perfect time to perfect my purse design. No dogs, no work, no distractions, Hooray. I'll work on the block in the wee hours that I wake up before everyone else. It would be awesome if those stencils and the threads I ordered come and I can do designs with them. So excited, can you tell....   

That's it for me for the day. Hope you all have a wonderful evening. Time to play....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 6:36 PM

Stephanie, too bad about Mike's back.   I can really relate today after being at work all day.  Mine's killing me now.  Sitting up is the hardest, so I'm keeping this short.  Yahoo on the squishy.  I love Art Beads.  I order often.  They have a Crystal rewards club where you order a certain amount and you earn credit.  It doesn't take much to get $5 off.  Cool about the T-Shirts, too.  I love going to JoAnns on a whim and coming out with all sorts of treasures.  Your plans for the sketchbook and block are a good idea.  I hope you get your stencils and threads come so you can bring them with.  It'll be perfect for you to have that to do.  Will you be staying with friend/family or are you getting a hotel?  It'll be so good for you to get away.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 7:36 PM

Linny t:
Will you be staying with friend/family or are you getting a hotel?

Mike's sis and brother in law are renting a 10 bedroom house right on a beach in SC. They have five adult kid, some with spouses and grandkids, themselves and they're are bringing his Mom down. They invited us and Paul and Melissa to come up and join them. I haven't seen Mike's mom in a long time. It'll be so nice to spend some time with her.

I am so sorry you are suffering with your back. I think it's the worst pain in the world. I hope you get to feeling better soon.....  

Page 67 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev6566676869Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use