rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 11:30 AM

Lillie:
All of my fabric is either up on the top shelf in my sewing closet or down in the basement in plastic garbage bags as we get ready for the new carpet.
 It's a lot of work to move our stashes, isn't. it?  I was thinking about that last night for some reason and came to the conclusion that there'd have to be a pretty big plus to moving it.  Sounds like you have that, Lillie.  When do you get the new carpet installed?

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 1:37 PM

Robin:

I'm sitting in a training without a trainer.  She's late.  Waiting for her to show up. Right now there just two of us. Oh well I'm doing what I have to do.

You poor dear. Bad enough to have to go, and then have a late? show.  Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well yesterday. We had some kind of bug over the weekend, and there's been a lot of viruses going around it seems. Hope your trainer made it and you had some fun with it.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 1:46 PM

Linny t:
It's a lot of work to move our stashes, isn't. it?

Amen to that! I feel like there's been a lot of that here too. I had brought that nice armoire into my sewing room and filled it, and now I'm considering emptying it and moving it into the bedroom for Mike's clothes overflow. He either needs that or a bigger dresser. He's developed a tendency to pile his clothes up on the one he's using now, and I have no room to put everything clean away. Something needs revamped for sure. Then, what to do with my stash? I still have left over cabinets that I could do a built in area in my sewing room.

Linny t:
I was thinking about that last night for some reason and came to the conclusion that there'd have to be a pretty big plus to moving it.

Where are you thinking of moving yours to? 

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 2:08 PM

Hi Everyone

Lillie---so nice that you are getting a new carpet.  I love new carpet.  What color did you chose?

Robin--hang in there.  It's frustrating but will be over soon.  We used to leave after 15 minutes if the instructor didn't show up.

It won't be long--only a few blocks to go on my work quilt. Soon I will start on the border which is the backing. It's blue whit swirls.  Too much action for me in this quilt.  Too many designs.  More than a crazy quilt!!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:00 PM

Stephanie:

Hope you enjoyed your evening with nature....

I did thank you. I poured myself a glass of white wine, picked up my handwork and my mobile phone. Went outside and called my sister. We talked for over an hour while I sewed and sipped wine. It was beautiful outside and I was sitting in the shade. The little hummingbird was staffing me for about 10 minutes, then gave up. lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:02 PM

New carpet comes July 1-2. Our house is so stinkin' big that it will take them 2 full days to install all the carpet. Really! It's just the two of us, who needs a 4,000 sq ft house!!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:03 PM

That's too bad that the trainer is late Robin. What a waste of your time.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:09 PM

Diane:

Hi Everyone

Lillie---so nice that you are getting a new carpet.  I love new carpet.  What color did you chose?

Robin--hang in there.  It's frustrating but will be over soon.  We used to leave after 15 minutes if the instructor didn't show up.

It won't be long--only a few blocks to go on my work quilt. Soon I will start on the border which is the backing. It's blue whit swirls.  Too much action for me in this quilt.  Too many designs.  More than a crazy quilt!!!

I picked almost the same color as we already have, sort of Mushroom. It's very neutral, nondescript, and goes with everything. We're getting berber throughout the house and a really lush patterned carpet (same color as the berber) in the master bedroom and walk-in closet. Golly, you can't believe how expensive the padding is. It has a wet barrier on the back of it so spills won't go through to the subflooring.

YAY! I'm going to start on my Allie Aller class today!!! Just picking out which fabrics I want to use for the first block.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 5:43 PM

The new carpet sounds wonderful Lillie.  It's so nice that you were able to have a good talk with your sister.  I envy you!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 11:02 AM

Lillie:
YAY! I'm going to start on my Allie Aller class today!!! Just picking out which fabrics I want to use for the first block.
 Lillie, how exciting.  You know we all want play by play on this, right?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 11:04 AM

Diane:

I bet you'll be glad when it's finally done.  Does your customer bug you for it?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 3:15 PM

This man who owns the quilt has been sooo patient!  I'm working on it today---the broad cloth in this quilt is killing my fingers! :o(

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,590
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 4:01 PM

I'm so glad he's being patient with you.  I haven't hand quilted in a long time, but I remember how some fabric feels like you're quilting through vinyl or something.  Is the border broadcloth, too?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 4:16 PM

The boarder, which I got from Backside Fabrics is in between broadcloth and regular cotton weight.  I ordered from Backside before and the weight is lighter for my quilt.  It won't be too hard to quilt I hope!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 4:26 PM

Diane:

This man who owns the quilt has been sooo patient!  I'm working on it today---the broad cloth in this quilt is killing my fingers! :o(

Diane, I know you will be thrilled to have this quilt finished and off your plate. It's great that he has been really patient with you. I'm so sorry about your fingers. I really know how that feels.

northern colorado

Page 61 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev5960616263Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use