My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:25 PM

Robin, how was day #1 of your spring break?  Did you rest at all?  Hope so.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,020
Points 65,130
Robin replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 8:41 PM

Linny t:

Robin, how was day #1 of your spring break?  Did you rest at all?  Hope so.

Day one was pretty quiet.  Did a little cleaning , got the top of the tshirt quilt together minus the borders and got a hair cut.  I also worked some on an email I need to get out to parents about nationals.  Let the fundraising begin.  

Tomorrow I hope to get at least the borders on so hopefully I'll be on the road to completion by the weekend.   It's kind of odd colors.   I did the shirts with some patchwork around them.   I'll have to post a picture once I get the borders on.  The borders are red and pink which are her favorite but look a little weird together. 

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 10:54 AM

It sounds really cute, Robin.  Red and Pink make me think of Valentine's day.  Can't wait to see pics.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:41 AM

Robin,

My goodness, pretty quiet? Sounds like a full day to me. I can't wait to see a pic of your t-shirt quilt. The pink and red remind me of valetines day too. What a nice break for you to be able to work on a quilt on your first day.

The weather here has gotten a little chilly too. I'm glad to see it. I thought we were already losing our cooler weather. I'm sure it'll warm up for yard work before you go back. Do you have one week or two?

Lillie,

Your concert sounds like a lot of fun. We went to a Bluegrass festival one time. I loved it. We just sat on a blanket on the ground and enjoyed the music. Outdoor concerts have such a nice atmoshpere.

Linny,

Your Key West trip years ago sounds like quite an experience. Mike has been a few years ago and said it kind of reminded him of what he's heard of Mardi Gras. Paul's been several times. He's at an age that he can enjoy the party atmosphere of it all. Not sure at my age, I'd still enjoy it, but I might surprize myself. LOL

As for me, I've been so busy I haven't had time to think. For me that can be a good thing. LOL. I started working on a customers small dining room set last Thursday and have been going solid ever since. I have to say I missed having the weekend and my normal days off, but the timeline to finish had me too hard pressed to take a day off. It's close to the finish line now and I trust that I will really appreciate my next day off. I can't start thinking of how I'll spend it. I might get off the path of the finish I'm doing and end up adding some fancy stitch lines, or wanting to embellish my glaze finish. LOL

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 7:00 AM

Stephanie:

Lillie,

Your concert sounds like a lot of fun. We went to a Bluegrass festival one time. I loved it. We just sat on a blanket on the ground and enjoyed the music. Outdoor concerts have such a nice atmoshpere.

We used to go to concerts in the park in San Francisco many, many years ago. We'd bring a picnic lunch and sneak the wine in. Sit on the blanket and listen to classical music. Our son got us started on going to the park. They would drive from Sacramento with our brand new grandson and we'd meet them in the park. It was heaven for us.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:10 AM

Stephanie:

Linny,

Your Key West trip years ago sounds like quite an experience. Mike has been a few years ago and said it kind of reminded him of what he's heard of Mardi Gras. Paul's been several times. He's at an age that he can enjoy the party atmosphere of it all. Not sure at my age, I'd still enjoy it, but I might surprize myself. LOL

Maybe that's where we should have our CQ Retreat....

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:11 AM

Lillie:
We used to go to concerts in the park in San Francisco many, many years ago. We'd bring a picnic lunch and sneak the wine in. Sit on the blanket and listen to classical music. Our son got us started on going to the park. They would drive from Sacramento with our brand new grandson and we'd meet them in the park. It was heaven for us.
 It sounds like heaven, Lillie.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:13 AM

Linny t:

Lillie:

Robin:

When are we going to start the next round robin?   I forgot.

Robin

I think we settled on May or June. June would be better for me, if no one objects. Should we make this one a traditional again, or do something a bit more challenging?

June would be better for me, too.  I am all for a bit more of a challenge.  What do you have in mind, Lillie?  It would be good to start talking about a theme now so we can start "hunting and gathering".  Once we decide on a theme, I'll open a thread for the discussion.  I am getting excited just thinking about it!

You know, we don't have to limit our thinking to just square blocks.  We could make an object...a simple one like a small purse, or hussif, or even a journal cover.  If we started with a simple, flat pattern we could cut the base pattern out of muslin and send that around.  Wouldn't it be cool to have that come back and make it into something we use and enjoy regularly?    Everyone would have to agree on a pattern and size of course.  Just a thought.

I'm just bringing this back to the top because it got buried before everyone responded.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 3:24 PM

Linny t:

Linny t:

Lillie:

Robin:

When are we going to start the next round robin?   I forgot.

Robin

I think we settled on May or June. June would be better for me, if no one objects. Should we make this one a traditional again, or do something a bit more challenging?

June would be better for me, too.  I am all for a bit more of a challenge.  What do you have in mind, Lillie?  It would be good to start talking about a theme now so we can start "hunting and gathering".  Once we decide on a theme, I'll open a thread for the discussion.  I am getting excited just thinking about it!

You know, we don't have to limit our thinking to just square blocks.  We could make an object...a simple one like a small purse, or hussif, or even a journal cover.  If we started with a simple, flat pattern we could cut the base pattern out of muslin and send that around.  Wouldn't it be cool to have that come back and make it into something we use and enjoy regularly?    Everyone would have to agree on a pattern and size of course.  Just a thought.

I'm just bringing this back to the top because it got buried before everyone responded.  

OMGosh. I completely forgot to look around and see what's up. 

The two other CQ blogs I belong to have some really challenging RR's I can see what the rules are and post them. I also like the idea a small purse or hussif (what's that?). I'm really open to anything.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:26 PM

Lillie, a hussif is a sewing kit where you gather all your sewing things like needles, pins, favorite scissors, etc.  We made them here in this group about 2 years ago.  Some of us finished them, lol.  

I'd like to know how you're doing with your whisper RR.

Feel free to post any ideas you find.  I'm up for a challenge, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:27 PM

Diane and Darlene, just wondering how you're both doing.  Diane, I bet you're having a great time with your other RR groups and your fingers are stitching up a storm.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,020
Points 65,130
Robin replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 8:54 PM

Good Evening Everyone, 

I trust that everyone is having a good week.   I like to say I haven't been posting because I've been so busy but the truth is I can't seem to find a lot of motivation these days.  Hoping that changes soon.   

I have been trying to catch up on some of the left school assignments and task that I got behind on before I left for that workshop.  I'm just got good at leaving things hanging. And I've been working on the tshirt quilt, the borders are on and I've got in. It pin basted and ready for quilting.   It has gone to gather quicker than I thought it would.   I hope it quilts easily.

Tomorrow I may not get much done because my daughter ,  Laurie has to have some scans done on her thyroid.  She went to the doctor a week ago with a throat issue an while they were examining her they found some lumps and had them sonogramed.   We're kinda keeping things quiet right now until we get the results back from tomorrow's test.   Of course they have mention the possibly of thyroid cancer but said not to worry about it .  It apparently is one of the easy to cure.    Right now we're going with the usual diagnosis for laur's strange illnesses "it nothing".   I'm just praying that she continues to have the peace that she has been having.   I think she is worst than I am about worrying over things.     I'm just thankful that none of you are family so I can share with you.  

Linny,

i'm game for whatever with the next rr.   I kinda like the idea of a purse, but I could go along with anything.   I'm willing to try more challenging but you all might have to jump start me. My muse is playing a vicious game of hide and seek these days.

Stephanie,

i have a feeling you will always have a little party animal in you.

Have a nice evening everyone

robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 6:33 AM

Robin:
I can't seem to find a lot of motivation these days.  Hoping that changes soon.   

Are you feeling down, or just in a lull?

I can't believe how quickly you have put the tshirt quilt together. I hope it quilts easily for you too. I have never tried to quilt t shirt  fabric. Would you need to use a machine needle for knitted fabrics? Are You going to use a variegated thread or solid? It's funny, after reading about it and all the colors my brain went off on it's own and I pictured one tied with lots of different colored yarns. Made me think of confetti. Could have been brought on by the talk of the Keys and Mardi Gras too. LOL

I'm sorry to hear about Laurie having the problems with  her throat. I hope everything is ok, and will say a prayer for her.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 6:56 AM

Robin, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters thyroid problems. I do hope that it turns out to be nothing at all. Many years ago I had a node on my thyroid. It was about the size of a pea. Then it just went away. I hope that will be the case with your daughter as well.

Maybe you're just having the spring blues. What's the weather been like where you live? Maybe you should think about giving yourself a present. Take a day off and do something just for Robin. You can also do a girls days with just you and your daughter. Mani/pedi lunch and shopping! Or a spa 1/2 day, lunch, and shopping.

Please know that we are all praying for you and your family.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 7:44 AM

In thinking of shopping, I see Evening Star Designs has revamped their website. They're still in the process of loading things, but I love the changes. Instead of their usual teeny pic's they have nice enlargements. Oh so tempting! I could use a little retail therapy myself.

Lillie,

Looking forward to seeing the rules of your more intense CQ.

Page 6 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use