rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,733
Points 120,255
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 7:53 PM

Stephanie:

Sorry you have reached the stage of it doesn't agree with me too. Good thing we like all sorts of foods and can work our way around some of that misery.

I couldn't imagine having six kids. LOL. And doing laundry and hanging it out on the line for all of them and her and hubby had to keep her a slave to it. Bet she was elated when you were all old enough to start helping. Really makes me appreciate my washer and dryer and the conviences all the more.

I am glad there are all sorts of food I still like, too...and that like me back.  Problem is the lifestyle, isn't it?  It's so easy just to pick something up already made and woof it down.  That's what I need to change.

My mom had 9 kids, actually.  3 of them died young.  2 of them before I was born and one after me.  That's the part I just can't imagine...loosing a child.  After everyone was grown and moving out of the house, my mom got a job in a commercial laundry.  I always said that's because that's all she knew how to do really well after all those kids clothes, lol.  She was also a waitress for awhile...another area where she had abundant experience, lol.  You know, she was happy to work...can you blame her?  Here I complain about having to work.   

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,733
Points 120,255
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:20 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
she's pretty amazing in her approach to design.

I think that's what I was impressed by the most. You see these awesome designs and think they'd be so intimidating to create. By watching her break it down into quadrants it made it seem doable.

Linny t:
 I think a whole cloth done in Zentangle patterns would be amazing...especially if I could find the time to make it, lol.

It would be awesome. And so would having the time. Even small projects like table runners or pillows would be cool.

My SIL is really good at Zentangle.  She did a series of lady's faces with Zentangle for the hats that are really remarkable.  I want to do one of those up in stitches, sequins and beads.  I think it'll be stunning.  She made copies of a couple of them for me.  I had forgotten all about that, but now...hmmm.  I may have to get one and at least transfer the pattern onto fabric.  I have so darn much going on these days, I just can't wait to have time to just sew again.    

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,733
Points 120,255
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:23 PM

Robin, I can't wait to hear about your birthday :)

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,271
Points 45,375
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:46 PM

Pretty fabric Lilly.  I love Moda.  I used to be in a "fabric of the month club"  with Keepsake quilting.  I love it.  Lots of beautiful fabrics---like a gift every month.  And I thought their prices were the best too.  The shoes are terrific!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,224
Points 70,040
Robin replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:05 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your day is off to a lovely start, if not hang in there it's Friday.

Had a lovely birthday with my three buddies, Donn and the girls, we puttered around here working on projects and such and then went to dinner in Valdosta.  I did my best not to do any school work.   I got a little further on the weeds but still have some to go.   I know your thinking she either got a huge yard or a big mess.  It's a big mess.  Donn is working on a special project for my birthday.   He is converting the girls old play house into a potting shed for me.   His plan is to do a little each day until he is in shape to do a little more each day, until it's done.   It's not that I'm a huge garden person it's just I like to piddle and I have not place to leave my tools and stuff so there always out in the weather rotting.   I'm real excited.   We're going to paint it and everything so it will be a part of the yard when we are done.

Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes. 

Today it's back to it.   I've got some stuff to pick up for school to finish out a purchase order.  I also need a few items for the house so I'll be making another run up to Valdosta.   The weeds will probably get a reprieve today.  I'm also hoping to do a little sewing today.   I've got pants to hem for my culinary workshop and of course more quilt projects than I know what to do with.   And then there is also this week's laundry to tackle.   

Stephanie,   No my friend can't ride with me she is flying and the ticket is already purchased.  So the drive to Miami will be mine alone.   Good news is on the way home I'm think I'm going to meet Donn and the girls in the Tampa area for a little mini vacation.  So one of them will ride home with me.   That will be nice. 

Have a Happy Flag Day Everyone!

Robin

'

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,465
Lillie replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:51 AM

Diane:

Pretty fabric Lilly.  I love Moda.  I used to be in a "fabric of the month club"  with Keepsake quilting.  I love it.  Lots of beautiful fabrics---like a gift every month.  And I thought their prices were the best too.  The shoes are terrific!

I've often considered joining a fabric of the month or thread of the month club, but they are just so dang expensive. 

We have a lot of wildfires here in CO already. One way south of us, Black Forest, and one way west of us, Estes Park. They are letting the Estes Park fire burn as it is nowhere near structures, until it burns out of control and suddenly reaches a structure. Then they'll panic.

Yesterday it was much cooler and higher humidity and no wind. Hope those conditions were good for firefighters. This morning it's already breezy, not so good for the firefighters.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Lillie:
Here are some pics of my new fabric

Oh my, Lillie, with all that fabric you should be all set for a good while.  The shoes are really neat with the quilt pattern and to be with the same group for 30 years is very good.   

I hope you all have a "FUN FRIDAY"!!           TGIF

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,465
Lillie replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:54 AM

Robin, sounds like your birthday was a truly wonderful day. And it's great that you are going to re-purpose the girls playhouse into a potting shed. Sounds perfect!

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,733
Points 120,255
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 11:35 AM

Robin:
Donn is working on a special project for my birthday.   He is converting the girls old play house into a potting shed for me.   His plan is to do a little each day until he is in shape to do a little more each day, until it's done.   It's not that I'm a huge garden person it's just I like to piddle and I have not place to leave my tools and stuff so there always out in the weather rotting.   I'm real excited.   We're going to paint it and everything so it will be a part of the yard when we are done.
 This is such a cool idea, Robin.  A little potting house.  I bet it will be cute when it's done.  It's almost poetic that you're taking your daughter's playhouse over for gardening this year when you youngest graduates, isn't it?  What a nice present from Donn.

Too bad your friend can't ride with you to Miami, but at least you'll have someone to hang out with in between the classes.  Nice that you'll be stopping in Tampa on the way back, though, for a mini- vaca with the family.  That'll be fun.  Be sure to wave when you go past Bradenton, lol.   

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,271
Points 45,375
Diane replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 11:39 AM

Robin--sounds like you did have a wonderful birthday.  You are so funny trying not to do school work!  You are a teacher through and through.  I love the idea of your husband working on a garden table for you.  So sweet!

I am making progress on my work quilt.  It won't be long that it will be done and I will start the boarder.  that will take some time to do.  It's a deep boarder.

My dragons are fine.  I can't tell if Nellie is expecting yet again.  Soon will know.  Tito is staying in his habitat all the time now.  He was pretending he was living in a rain forest and pooping anywhere he wanted.  I try to tell him but he's stubborn on this now.  Iguanas can be potty trained and he was for a long time.  He knows what's going on but he is angry right now.  They are my children!  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,271
Points 45,375
Diane replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 1:32 PM

So sorry to hear about the devastating fires in Colorado Lillie.  It's scary.  We had a tornado here yesterday.  It missed us but was about 10 miles away.  Scary.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Diane:
Tito is staying in his habitat all the time now

Do you mean that he is staying in there just because he is pouting?  He could get out if he wanted to?  I never knew they could be this way.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,733
Points 120,255
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 3:43 PM

Diane:
My dragons are fine.  I can't tell if Nellie is expecting yet again.  Soon will know.  Tito is staying in his habitat all the time now.  He was pretending he was living in a rain forest and pooping anywhere he wanted.  I try to tell him but he's stubborn on this now.  Iguanas can be potty trained and he was for a long time.  He knows what's going on but he is angry right now.  They are my children!  LOL
 It's amazing how much of a personality Tito has.  Why is he angry?  Does he still like to be rocked after his bath?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,271
Points 45,375
Diane replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 4:17 PM

Linny---I think Tito is angry  because he is not a free iguana living in Panama where he is from.  An American soldier brought him up here in a duffle bag.  Some iguanas like him have an angry attitude but his pooping everywhere is not acceptable.  For months he would go to his habitat and do his business.  The he got lazy so I'm using some behavior modification.  I don't think he will ever be a sweet iguana like my Bubba was.  I can accept that but he must behave.  Bubba was trained to go when I bathed him and he was always good.  This guy is a challange.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,271
Points 45,375
Diane replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 4:28 PM

Normajo--iguanas are very intelligent.  The reason I had him in his habitat is because after being good and pooping on a paper in his habitat, he started pooping all over the place.  He was wanting to get out so much today that after he pooped 3 times, I brought him out and gave him a bath and he is sitting on the back of the sofa enjoying his time looking out of the window from the 10th floor.  I put him in his habitat as a behavior modification technique to break him of his nasty habit.  He usually stays in there about 3 days before he gets crazy.  I talk to him every day and he seems to be listening to me about the changes he needs to make.  I rocked him yesterday after a bath and he enjoyed a lot of the affection I gave him.  This bad behavior started when I was sick for 3 months this past winter.  I think he felt neglected. I guess some of you think I'm crazy!!!

Page 58 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev5657585960Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.