My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Sun, May 26 2013 8:32 AM

Robin, I had no idea that those car washes the kids do could raise that much money in a morning.  Well worth the effort and good for the community to be motivated to contribute.  All those folks with clean cars must feel pretty good about themselves, eh?

I'd like to hear more about your culinary class in Miami.  It sounds like a challenge.  Also, I must hear more about the cupcake wars.  Doing anything fun to celebrate Memorial day?

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Sun, May 26 2013 10:29 AM

Linny t:
Thank you so much for posting them.  I would have approached the whole thing in a different way and been sorely disappointed and frustrated without this.

You're welcome. I'm so glad I went this direction with buying a "take apart" purse. I would have done the pattern following the lines of the frame and think I would have been disappointed to.

Linny t:
Dark Purple walls, eh?  I wish I had your color courage for painting walls.  I always want something dramatic, but chicken out at the store when buying the paint.  I like aqua and purple together.  With the right accents it'll look great.  Just think "Sunset at the beach".

I don't think I'll ever tire of this color. I have a big bay window and sliding glass door so there's a lot of natural light. I think you really need this when you go with a dark color. And it's a big room so the color doen't make it feel closed in.

I'm really happy to see colors in bedding popping out there. I have a picture above the bed that's an evening sunset at the beach. It has purples, magenta, blues, orange,yellow and close to aqua. It's a photograph that I'm sure was enhanced to pull these colors, but it's peaceful. Gives me a wide range of colors to accent with.

Linny t:
I've committed to taking her couch, chase  lounge and bed.  I don't know what I was thinking, lol.

Sounds great! It'll be worth it down the road. I always used to wonder when I go into peoples houses with old furniture, etc why they never made the effort to fix things up. Believe me, I am "getting it" now. LOL. I agree with Barb's son about dropping your couch off at Goodwill. People do it all the time around here. Strike while he's here and willing to help you move it.....

Not finished with the fencing project yet. We've been digging and cementing posts for the area that doesn't have them and have 200 ft of fencing to attach yet. Big yard. LOL. We still have an outer 150 or so we aren't fencing to leave it wild for the wood storks and herons. Back to work....  

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Sun, May 26 2013 10:52 AM

Stephanie:
Not finished with the fencing project yet. We've been digging and cementing posts for the area that doesn't have them and have 200 ft of fencing to attach yet. Big yard. LOL. We still have an outer 150 or so we aren't fencing to leave it wild for the wood storks and herons. Back to work....
 Wow, that is a big yard.  Think how great it will be to not have to worry about those doggies in the wee hours...and think what a surprise it'll be to them the first time they figure out it's there to stop them from getting too far off, lol.  Do they love helping dig the holes?

Stephanie:
I'm really happy to see colors in bedding popping out there. I have a picture above the bed that's an evening sunset at the beach. It has purples, magenta, blues, orange,yellow and close to aqua. It's a photograph that I'm sure was enhanced to pull these colors, but it's peaceful. Gives me a wide range of colors to accent with.

Your aqua spread will look great with that, as well as the light coming across it highlighting the quilted pattern.  Sounds great.

I've been to Publix to get the party food I'm bringing.  I got Barb a Lemon Meringue pie to go with her present.  She's been craving it and everywhere we go they only have key lime.  It'll make her smile.  In all my efforts I forgot to get plastic containers to put everything in, so it's back to the store for me.  Darn it.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, May 26 2013 11:01 AM

Hello Everyone,

We're back from our fantastic trip to Italy. It was tons of fun, but we were ready to come home. Did not find any fabric in Italy, which was a real bummer. I had hoped to find a few, but there were no fabric stores within walking distance to our accommodations. 

I'm still jet lagged and will write more tomorrow or the next day.

Happy looooooong weekend everyone.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, May 26 2013 11:03 AM

Linny t:

Stephanie:
I hope you check back before you start. I p.m.'d a couple of pic's that may be helpful for you to get started.
 Oh my goodness, it was a revelation.  Thank you so much for posting them.  I would have approached the whole thing in a different way and been sorely disappointed and frustrated without this.

Where are the pics? I'm not even sure I know what to look for re: the pics.  lol

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Sun, May 26 2013 6:07 PM

Linny t:
Think how great it will be to not have to worry about those doggies in the wee hours...and think what a surprise it'll be to them the first time they figure out it's there to stop them from getting too far off, lol.  Do they love helping dig the holes?

Honestly, I can't wait . We've made great headway today. A trip to home depot slowed us down. We had to go buy gates, and on our way realized neither one of us had our wallets. Thankfully we were less than halfway to town. We are down to the last 50 ft of fence and the gates. Since the dogs have been out, they are learning the boundaries of what that fence means. Gabby has already tried to dig under and got thoroughy scolded for the attempt. She'll be the one I have to watch. She's still young and I caught her at one point grabbing the hose to the water softener unit and yanking on it and throwing it up in the air. Thank goodness it'll be on the other side of the fence. She's always in search of new toys. LOL. And digging the post holes. OMG yes. Stetson stood right beside Mike trying to match every hole he was digging for the posts. Oh how I love that little fellow. If he was a son, he'd have been right out there telling his Dad to rest and let him do that.  

Anyway the fence has started a whole chain of events. Once my neighbors heard they started building a chicken coop. You know I love chickens, and maybe I'll learn something about raising some of my own. And the thought of buying fresh eggs from them just tickles me. They want to have horses too. I  would love feeding them carrots across the fence, and taking pic's. And who knows, maybe a last hoorah of riding one before I can't get up in a saddle anymore. 

Linny t:

I've been to Publix to get the party food I'm bringing.  I got Barb a Lemon Meringue pie to go with her present.  She's been craving it and everywhere we go they only have key lime.  It'll make her smile.  In all my efforts I forgot to get plastic containers to put everything in, so it's back to the store for me.  Darn it.

So sweet of you to get Barb her favorite Lemon Meringue pie. I hope her party is just awesome and overwhelming in love for her and that all of you have a great time! Can't wait to hear about it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Sun, May 26 2013 6:17 PM

Lillie,

Welcome back! 

Lillie:

Where are the pics? I'm not even sure I know what to look for re: the pics.  lol

Seems like the time blew by so quickly. Happy to hear you had a great time and would love to hear more about your adventures.

I had private messaged them to Linny because I had good intentions and still do of making a tutorial of my "endeavors" in taking a metal framed purse apart and seeing how they had fashioned a  pattern for it.  I think what I have learned so far can benefit anyone that wants to use a "vintage" style metal frame. It's not like I would have ever imagined. But, since no one else is using this style frame for their purse, I haven't really pushed myself to do the tutorial yet. With all the jobs and home projects I've had I'll be lucky to mail my block out in time. You're still planning an art project aren't you? 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,904
Points 38,325
Diane replied on Sun, May 26 2013 11:42 PM

Welcome back Lillie.  Glad to hear that you had a great time.  It must have been fantastic!

Stephanie--I remember when my husband put up a fence like that.  Then we got a doggie door so the dogs never needed us to take them out.  So nice that you you can have chickens and horses if you want.  Maybe a cow?  Fresh milk?  LOL

Today I went to have dinner with friends. We had a great time.  I brought baked beans and fruit for a salad.  It's so wonderful to get out and be with friends.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,880
Robin replied on Mon, May 27 2013 4:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Since I got up at 4 I have plenty of time to think about what I wanted to post today.  

I wrestle with sleeping for about two hours and decided I might as well get up and be productive.   So I've been working on my round robin project.   I have to apologize ahead of time the work area is slightly larger than Linny's dimensions.  But whatever anyone does I will appreciate and if it final bits and pieces when I get it back I'll adjust.  

This is a busy week in the Smith household and a momentous one as well.  Although I'm off today I'm going to Tallahassee with Keeley to pick up her graduation present from a friend.  My mom gave Keeley my grandmother's pearls a while back and when Keeley went to wear them the string broke, so as part of her graduation present I found someone to restring them so she can wear them to graduation if she wants.  Tomorrow night is Baccalaureate/Senior Awards, Thursday Night is open house for incoming 9th graders and their parents, Friday night is graduation and Saturday is the yard sale that we put off a month ago.  Whew!  I think on Sunday I'll be tired. 

I wish I had a good handle on all the emotions I'm feeling these days.  There's the joy of the end of school and seeing another daughter complete high school and head off for something she wants, there is the sadness of not having a child in the same school as me after 8 years of their being one, there's the sense that fundraising never ends and the frustrations of students who are in there minds done and doesn't understand what Mrs. Smith means we have to work today.   Tie into the anxiety of waiting for all the test results to come back from industry certifications for my students.  All in all it's a great big ball.

Lillie,   I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip.  So sorry you didn't find any fabric within walking distance.  Still I bet the views were spectacular.

Stephanie,  Sounds like there is a whirlwind of activity in your neck of the woods.   I bet that's a nice neighborhood to live in.  Where we live there is mostly elderly so not very many people come over and chat or work outside.  It fact except for the occasional yard man I'm pretty much it.  

Linny,  Sounds like your family is going to have a blast.   My grandma use to make Lemon Meringue Pie this time of year when I was a child.

Diane,  So nice to hear that you had a lovely day.

Erin,  Your blocks look wonderful.   I love the various shades of the different colors.  

Stephanie,  Thanks for the extension on the June 1 deadline.  I'm still working on trying to meet it but has you saw above this week is cray, cray as my students would say. 

Hope you all have a Happy Memorial Day.   I'm blessed to have many family members who have served our country both in times of war and peace and I'm so thankful for theirs and others answer to the call of duty.   It is certainly not an act of selfishness but of selflessness.  

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,880
Robin replied on Mon, May 27 2013 4:36 AM

Hey Everyone,

I just found this site on the TAST facebook page.  It look neat so I thought I would post it.

http://www.jdr-be.com/MillHill.htm

Let me know what you think?

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Mon, May 27 2013 6:35 AM

Welcome back, Lillie.  What can you tell us about your adventure?  Too bad for no fabric, but I'm sure there were tons of things to keep your mind off of it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Mon, May 27 2013 6:45 AM

I've been so busy with my sister's move that I haven't had time to work on my RR.  I'm wondering if anyone would be terribly disappointed if we postpone the deadline - maybe even to starting on July 1?  Stephanie is so busy with work and Robin with graduation and end of school.  Darlene are you still joining in?  Haven't heard from you in awhile.  Lillie, you just got home from Italy, so maybe a little more time would work for you as well.  What do you all think?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, May 27 2013 7:09 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to say that I will have to back out of this next CQ RR. I just have too many things on my plate during the summer months and not sure I can devote the proper amount of time to this project. We have a few trips scheduled in June and July and I can't take everything with me on those trips. I will cheer and "ooh and aah" from the sidelines this time.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, May 27 2013 7:13 AM

I won't be able to participate in this RR, even if we started a month later. We have too many trips scheduled this summer and I can't take any of my CQ stuff with me. September 1 would be best for me, but, I'm not asking anyone to wait that long to start another RR.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Stephanie:
love feeding them carrots across the fence,
Stephanie:
Gabby has already tried to dig under and got thoroughy scolded for the attempt. She'll be the one I have to watch. She's still young and I caught her at one point grabbing the hose to the water softener unit and yanking on it and

You saying you were looking forward to feeding them carrots across the fence reminded me of something that happened to me when I was young.  I lived with my grandparents on a farm and they had a couple of horses and I was feeding one of them grass over the fence.......I bent down to pull some more grass and the horse got hold of my hair and pulled a big bunch of it out; thinking it was grass, I guess. My grandmother said when I came into the kitchen, I was so scared that I couldn't tell them what had happened for a while. Part of my hair was up in a barrette and it had fallen over to the other side and the horse pulled the hair that was under it, so they couldn't see the missing hair. That was good because the kids at school couldn't tell I had a bald spot about the size of a fifty cent piece.  It all grew back tho'.

I hope Gabby learns to not try to escape. I enjoyed your storie about the dogs, how Stetson wanted to help dig the holes. I always had a dog or two. I miss not having one, but I don't miss having to be home to let them out.

My Sammy has two raw places on his left side where he has licked the hair off. I can't tell what caused it, but he had been acting like his hips hurt when you touched him for about a week. I had checked and couldn't find any visible sign of anything.  When he licks it he growls and hisses; it sounds like a cat fight.  George hadn't heard him and one night we were sitting in the living room and Sammy was in the kitchen and George heard the noise and said  "what is going on?".   It is really loud, I guess he is mad because it hurts.   I have always said he is the wierdest cat I have ever had.   I told George it is just like when the kids were little, it seemed like they always got sick on the weekend or holiday and I would have to wait till Mon. to call the doctor.  I will call the vet tomorrow.

Page 41 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev3940414243Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use