Lovely blocks Erin!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Tue, May 21 2013 5:13 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Tuesday!  Only two more in the school year after today.  

Nothing really special at school today.  Still trying to get the kids to walk through all of the steps in their head for making the menu you they have planned for our last lab.  I will also be helping host the last Mentor teacher meeting of the year Hooray!

Erin---Welcome to our little group.  Your blocks are very nice.  I love the color coordinated block idea these will be so much fun to embellish.  But watch out because embellishing can lead to addictions.  LOL

Linny--- I don't think of you or Diane as whiners, you have both always been such positive souls.

Stephanie--- Sounds like you are off and running with your ideas.  I'm hoping to lay something down in sketches or on fabrics this weekend.

Darlene and Jo,  let us know how you are doing!

Have a great day everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, May 21 2013 7:22 AM

Erin:
Once I get embellishments I'll be in heaven for a while...this method of quilting is relaxing and I'm enjoying learning it.

Welcome to the group Erin. You are doing great on your blocks, and happy to hear you are enjoying the process. There are lots of great books out there full of inspiration. The embellishing can be quite addicting. LOL. Once you start, it doesn't stop with blocks. LOL Look forward to your progress and having you here. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, May 21 2013 7:29 AM

Robin:
Still trying to get the kids to walk through all of the steps in their head for making the menu you they have planned for our last lab. 

That sounds like it could be a challenge. Hope all goes smoothly for the menu and the last mentor meeting. Your getting closet to that summer time off.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Tue, May 21 2013 11:13 AM

Erin, your blocks are beautiful.  WTG!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Tue, May 21 2013 11:17 AM

Robin:
Nothing really special at school today.  Still trying to get the kids to walk through all of the steps in their head for making the menu you they have planned for our last lab.  I will also be helping host the last Mentor teacher meeting of the year Hooray!
 Ahh, the end is so close for you.  What's a Mentor teacher meeting?

Robin:
Linny--- I don't think of you or Diane as whiners, you have both always been such positive souls.
 I know I've whined just a little about mowing and my job :)

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, May 21 2013 12:10 PM

Robin--glad to hear that things are winding down and that you will have a well deserved vacation.  Bless you for touching so many lives.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,329
Points 18,745
erindipity replied on Tue, May 21 2013 10:41 PM

I ordered a CQ book, buttons, lace and charms today; should have them by Saturday.  I also bought some designs from embroidery Library.  I'm going to pick my grand daughter up tomorrow after school and we're heading to Joann's and Hobby Lobby to see what else I can find. I know I want to pick up some fabric for sure! :) 

Here are the blocks I made today...not real impressed with them; hoping some bling will make them pretty!! lol

Brown.....Yellow/Orange.....Blue

I made a Red block too but after I was finished I noticed that a piece of fabric IN THE CENTER has a stain :(  So I am going to try to cover it somehow before I tear it apart or make another.  Two more to go and I'll be ready to put my CQ wall hanging together!!!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Wed, May 22 2013 3:33 PM

Erin, looks like you're having a blast.  I like your new blocks.  The yellow/orange one outshines the others is all. All three are pretty to me.  If I found a stain on a patch I'd cover it, too.  Which book did you get?  If you check out the Pages tab there's a list of links for CQ...lots of them.  You're on your way to addiction already.  Evening Star Designs is my favorite CQ store and she's having a sale now :) 

Linny T

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,329
Points 18,745

The book I bought is called "The crazy quilt handbook" (I think!) lol   Today I found a bag of 30 old buttons for $2 and some trims and lace for $1 a pack at Goodwill.  I was hoping to find some satin or velvet remnants but I couldn't find any. I guess I will watch for bridesmaid, wedding and prom dresses real cheap.   Thanks for the sale info; I'll have to check it out!   I can't wait to start adding bling; the grand daughter is really interested in what I am going to do with all "that stuff"..haha

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Wed, May 22 2013 7:36 PM

I think finds like the ones you got at Goodwill are one of the best part of CQ.  It's nice to have new, too, but finding a bargain makes me really happy and vintage gives it a look of having been made long ago or like a bit of memory in a scrapbook.  It's so wonderful that you're sharing this with your grand daughter, too.  How old is she?

Linny T

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,329
Points 18,745

Mary Jo is 4 and 1/2  and is my best friend!!! ♥  I usually call her Cupcake so if I post something about Cupcake it is her...I do not love and spend all my time with baked goods LOL    She has been learning right along with me to quilt this past year.  I love it because she is creative and artistic.  I hope by next summer she will be able to sew on her own, right be side me.  Now she picks out pre-cuts and  will sit on my lap and we  guide the fabric...and she tells EVERYONE that we make blankets..haha I tell her we make quilts but she still calls them blankets. 

Linny t:

I think finds like the ones you got at Goodwill are one of the best part of CQ.  It's nice to have new, too, but finding a bargain makes me really happy and vintage gives it a look of having been made long ago or like a bit of memory in a scrapbook.  It's so wonderful that you're sharing this with your grand daughter, too.  How old is she?

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, May 23 2013 5:39 AM

Erin:
I usually call her Cupcake so if I post something about Cupcake it is her...I do not love and spend all my time with baked goods LOL    She has been learning right along with me to quilt this past year.  I love it because she is creative and artistic.

That's so special that you can share this with her. Your new blocks are really pretty too. I like the heart you put on the brown one. I have several books, and love everyone of them. They're inspiring. The goodwill finds are a great start. Building the embellishment stash gets addictive, and it's nice when you can find such bargains and feel like you're putting a bit of history in them.  I have found myself looking at everything differently in collecting anything that could be used as an embellishment.   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Thu, May 23 2013 11:47 AM

Erin, when you ask a quilter their favorite memory, those who have sewing ones usually tell how their Gramma or Mom taught them to sew.  Cupcake is lucky to have such a grandmother.

Linny T

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,329
Points 18,745
erindipity replied on Thu, May 23 2013 11:57 AM

I am the lucky one! ♥

Linny t:

Erin, when you ask a quilter their favorite memory, those who have sewing ones usually tell how their Gramma or Mom taught them to sew.  Cupcake is lucky to have such a grandmother.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Page 39 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev3738394041Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use