My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, May 18 2013 11:26 AM

Sounds exciting Robin.  I used to love yard work.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, May 18 2013 11:30 AM

Diane:

Stephanie---would you post some pictures of your block and the frame you used.  What is the purpose of the frame?

I will when once I get it all together. The frame is a vintage metal purse frame. At least it was worded that the purse was a vintage art nuevo. I'll post a pic of that too. We're having a cookout today for my younger Brothers birthday so it probably won't be today, but asap. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, May 18 2013 11:33 AM

Robin:
The pond is drained and I'm about to go get some dirt and fill in the hole once I clear out the liner.   I'm very excited not to have that Mosquito Pond in my yard anymore.

Yes have fun! How many bags of dirt? You'll look like you've been making mud pies all day after that I'm sure. LOL It'll be so nice to have it finished though.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sun, May 19 2013 7:59 AM

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Hope everyone is off to a great day.

Robin, are you sore?  How does the ex-pond look?  Did you plant some nice flowers or are you just making it a grassy area?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sun, May 19 2013 8:01 AM

Stephanie, hope your cook out was a blast.  Did your brother enjoy his day?

I'm looking forward to your seeing your purse frame process.  What are you going to do with your purse when you get it done?  Will it be an art object or do you intend to use it as a purse?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sun, May 19 2013 8:06 AM

Well, yesterday I helped Barb move all day.  We got all her "take" stuff there with the exception of her craft desk.  Ta-da!  I was wooped by the end of the day, I can tell you.  Today she's focusing on finding a place for everything.  I have yard work and a few house chores, then create!

What's every one else up to?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, May 19 2013 9:17 AM

Linny t:
hope your cook out was a blast.  Did your brother enjoy his day?

It truly was a blast. I think he did enjoy his day. The neighbor's kids and parents were out came over for go cart rides on my nephew's go cart. My nephew is such a good boy with all the animals and was the life of the party.

Linny t:

I'm looking forward to your seeing your purse frame process.  What are you going to do with your purse when you get it done?  Will it be an art object or do you intend to use it as a purse?

My plan is to make it a useable purse, but only for a special occasion. Still looking through my fabrics and planning....

Sounds like you and Barb had a marathin moving day. You must be tuckered out! Hope you're not too stiff, and can enjoy your Sunday too. 

Plans for today... Rest. LOL. I'm going to seam rip the leather from the old purse and once I get it apart I'll pin it to muslin and trace the pattern. I think once I get a blank visual of the outline it will be easier to work a final design for the patchwork part of it. I've been back to working on my spring block too. So nice to have it in my hands again.... 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, May 19 2013 1:11 PM

Hi everyone!

Today allergies are kicking me.  I just want to like down and sleep.

Linny---such a blessing that you and your sister are so close and that you can help her.

Stephanie---you always seem to have a great time with friends and family.  Glad to hear that the barbecue went well.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, May 19 2013 1:46 PM

Lillie--I have also feel unsatisfied with my CQ work.  When you come back to it later,  it looks good! LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Sun, May 19 2013 2:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

Got busy get ready for church and forgot to post something until now.

The pond is gone!  I got it out and moved all the rocks so they kind of make the beginnings of a nice rock garden.   I've collect rocks for years from our various trip to Pennsylvania.  I'll just have to make some more trips.     I did really planted anything in there yet I wanted to give the soil some time to settle.  I left a lot of leaves in the hole to compost so I know I'm going to have to add more dirt later.   

This morning I felt so moved to go to church that I actually got ready and went.  It's been a while but it was a good service and I was glad I made it.   I guess sometimes we have to step away to pass the doing it to be doing it. 

Anyway the rest of the day so far has been spent on homework.  It was so bad I gave up and decided to play with my purse ideas.   I've got to say I'm stumped a bit.  I love the idea of a purse but I'm not really a dress up and go out kind of gal.  So an evening bag seems like a waste of everyone's beautiful talents.  So I'm thinking of making a day bag .   However, this would be my occasional day bag not everyday bag.  Does that make some since?  

I realize I'm posting this in the wrong place sorry about that.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, May 19 2013 3:18 PM

Robin:
So I'm thinking of making a day bag .   However, this would be my occasional day bag not everyday bag.  Does that make some since?  

That  makes sense. I did a search for inspiration photo's for all of us. Here's a link to them.... 

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=crazy+quilt+purses&qpvt=crazy+quilt+purses&FORM=IGRE

You could take any pattern you like and make it into a cq bag. Whether it be a casual, evening bag or artwork is up to the maker.  I may not use my bag, but I have this love for beautiful things that sometimes goes beyond practically. 

Kudo's to you for getting your yard work accomplished and going to church.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, May 19 2013 4:00 PM

Diane:

Today allergies are kicking me.  I just want to like down and sleep.

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Allergies can be so miserable.

Diane:
you always seem to have a great time with friends and family.  Glad to hear that the barbecue went well.

Thank you. We have been so lucky to all get along so well. Spouses too. We don't get together as of ten as we should, so maybe it makes those times we do more special. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sun, May 19 2013 8:34 PM

Diane, sorry you don't feel great.  Some days are like that, especially in Springtime.  Lot's of pollen, I guess.  I've always thought that when all you feel like doing is laying down and sleeping that's exactly what your body needs you to do.  Hope you rested.  

I also consider it a blessing to be near my sister.  I feel honored to have her as my sister, really.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sun, May 19 2013 8:42 PM

Stephanie:

I did a search for inspiration photo's for all of us. Here's a link to them.... 

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=crazy+quilt+purses&qpvt=crazy+quilt+purses&FORM=IGRE

You could take any pattern you like and make it into a cq bag. Whether it be a casual, evening bag or artwork is up to the maker.  I may not use my bag, but I have this love for beautiful things that sometimes goes beyond practically. 

Wow, it's late for me to look at inspiration like that!  Now I'll be up thinking about it, lol.  I'd probably stay up late anyways, so don't feel bad I said that.  I ordered the frame for my purse today.  It's from Purse Paradise and is Victorian and pretty.  That started me off thinking of it and it's been running through my head since I placed the order.

I like the ideas you gave for the pattern.  The pics in the link demonstrate this perfectly.  Such variety!  Thanks for sharing it.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, May 19 2013 8:52 PM

Thanks Linny.  I did get a good nap today.  Sometimes it's hard to listen to what your body is telling you.

Page 37 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev3536373839Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use