rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,194
Points 69,395
Robin replied on Sun, May 12 2013 5:52 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you have are having a wonderful Sunday.  

Today's number one job is to go see my mom.   I'm hoping to pop in on her right after church but I've got to get my crew to cooperate since they all believe they need to tag along with me. 

I did manage to get the front flower beds cleaned out yesterday.  But then the rain came and stopped me from over doing it.  I've got  a pond in my front flower bed that is nothing but a mosquitoes breeding ground so I want to rip in out and shrink that bed a little.  

I hope that each of you have a blessed day as I can truly attest that you all deserve it.   If I had money to burn I would buy you all roses and bon bons to celebrate today, and would throw in a massage to boot.

Happy Sunday.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,465
Lillie replied on Sun, May 12 2013 7:56 AM

Robin:

OOOO!  another thought just popped into my head,  you could pick up some unique post cards as you travel.  Write yourself a note on the back of them about your day.  Mail home so you have the postmark.  Then when you get home scan the cards both sides and incorporate them into a quilt.   Why didn't I think of that sooner!?!     When do you leave and will you be able to post while your gone? 

Robin

Robin,

That is such a wonderful idea. I'm so glad you mentioned it. We leave May 14. We have a house sitter schedule to live here while we're gone.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,465
Lillie replied on Sun, May 12 2013 8:00 AM

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,625
Points 118,310
Linny t replied on Sun, May 12 2013 11:48 AM

Happy Mother's day everyone!  

I just got back from brunch with my DD and sister and her family.  We had a grand time.  Now I'm off to help Barb pack...I really feel like taking a nap, but this will be better for me, so off I go.

Robin, I'd do the same for you if I had money to burn.  Thanks for posting the card.  It was sweet and pretty.  Hope you have a nice time at your Mom's.  I'm sure it'll make your Mom's day to see you all.

Diane, I give jewelry all the time now, too.  Isn't it nice to have a ready gift?  I think people really like it.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Lillie:

Robin:

OOOO!  another thought just popped into my head,  you could pick up some unique post cards as you travel.  Write yourself a note on the back of them about your day.  Mail home so you have the postmark.  Then when you get home scan the cards both sides and incorporate them into a quilt.   Why didn't I think of that sooner!?!     When do you leave and will you be able to post while your gone? 

Robin

Robin,

That is such a wonderful idea. I'm so glad you mentioned it. We leave May 14. We have a house sitter schedule to live here while we're gone.

Don't do what I did, Lillie, I was going to Spain and Italy one time and I thought I would be smart and take postage to mail post cards.......well, you can't mail things from Europe with stamps from U.S.  Live and Learn. lol

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,194
Points 69,395
Robin replied on Mon, May 13 2013 5:25 AM

Good Morning Dear Friends,

3.5 weeks to go and much to get done.  

This week's project is industry certifications for my classes.   I have two programs where the students can take the same test adults do that would allow them to work in the industry they are learning about.   So our job is to take these exams this week and get this behind me.   Next week will be all about getting rid of the seniors and doing my final lab in foods.  The last two weeks will be finishing up projects and hearing about them from out class mates and cleaning up.  Whew!  Plus we are still in fundraising mode.   

I had a very good Mother's Day yesterday.  Thoroughly spoiled by my babies and got to visit with my mom who I think wasn't real sure why I came if I was going to stay longer than an hour.   I don't think sometimes she realizes that the distance between my house and her's is not as close as it was when she lived on the other side of Tallahassee.  Besides I didn't want to hang out to long she already had dinner plans at my brother's and I didn't want her to change her mind about going.

Lillie,

Sounds like you have a good plan for everything while your away.   I hope you have many sunny skys and a blast. 

Linny,

How much did you get done at Barbs yesterday?

Stephanie,

How long is your niece staying?

Have a great start to your day.   Remember it's Monday.  Your day seize it.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583
Stephanie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 7:29 AM

normajo1030:
I think a lot of that is the parents fault (just my opinion); they don't cook like our parents and grandparents did. 

I'm inclined to agree. Her Mom never worked though, and did provide full meals, but I think with my niece having Aspergers syndrome which is a form of Autism she was very difficult to discipline like a normal child. Most likely at some point they just fed her whatever she'd eat. She's very slim. I have to say that I have a lot of patience, but mine has been seriously tried this week. It has truly made me appreciate the teachers of special needs children.

I haven't been able to interest her in anything. We had plans to go to the zoo yesterday and I told her she needed to shower and change clothes. My sister told me she had to do this when she was visiting her.  She's worn the same ones since she arrived. She pretended she was sick until about 15 minutes before we were ready to leave and then was grazing the kitchen like nobodies business. I told her that now by the time she had her shower and got ready, it would be too late so we weren't going. I've never had it in me as a parent to reward bad behavior. Hurt me too, because I was really looking forward to it. We were supposed to meet my brother and his family. I told her if she showered I'd still take her shopping later, but she didn't. Pouted in my sewing room, so I went without her. She came out later and we watched one of the dvd's she'd brought and all was well again. But no shower, no clothes change. What do you do?

So today the alternate plan of my brother and his family coming for dinner seems to be in effect, and I plan to enjoy myself . I've got some house cleaning to do. Mike had all the dogs in and out helping him with yard work yesterday, so you can imagine. LOL. If no one else in the house had a great weekend they certainly did. Gabby was in heaven having the mountain dog to play with and they were all over the yard chasing each other, digging, rolling in the dirt, and doing the things dogs like to do.   

Happy belated Mother's Day to all of you....  

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,465
Lillie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 8:22 AM

normajo1030:

Don't do what I did, Lillie, I was going to Spain and Italy one time and I thought I would be smart and take postage to mail post cards.......well, you can't mail things from Europe with stamps from U.S.  Live and Learn. lol

Oh how funny Jo. I was thinking about that very thing yesterday. Glad I saw this before I did it.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,625
Points 118,310
Linny t replied on Mon, May 13 2013 11:44 AM

Robin:
I had a very good Mother's Day yesterday.  Thoroughly spoiled by my babies and got to visit with my mom who I think wasn't real sure why I came if I was going to stay longer than an hour.
Robin, so happy you got spoiled by your babies yesterday and you got to visit with your Mom.  

Robin:

Linny,

How much did you get done at Barbs yesterday?

We got her whole walk in closet done and most of her bedroom, too.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but it is a big closet and was overflowing.  I didn't realize my sister had so many clothes, lol.  We also pared down the boxes she had gotten down from various places in her house, as well as some boxes left from my Mother's house.  We found some papers my mom had tucked away and one of them was the paper from the census of 1920.  My mom was 5 years old.  Also, my dad's birth certificate and their wedding certificate....I love stuff like that...archival stuff.  Lots of really old pics, too.    Her kids want her to just get rid of everything.  She feels like they're telling her to throw away what she spent a lifetime on and feels the need to look at everything and make a decision about it.  She has the time to do that, so why not?  It's not like she has a strict time limit.  I just did the heavy lifting and gave her boxes and piles to go through, helping her make decisions as we went along the way.  .    

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,625
Points 118,310
Linny t replied on Mon, May 13 2013 11:46 AM

Lillie, I wish you a fantastic and safe vacation.  Post when you can.  I'm looking forward to hearing about all your adventures.  If the weather isn't going to cooperate, I wish you excellent timing with all your plans and many, many happy surprises.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,625
Points 118,310
Linny t replied on Mon, May 13 2013 11:54 AM

Oh, Stephanie, I'm sorry she's giving you a hard time.  Maybe if Mike told her to change/shower she'd do it.  How sad she sabotaged your Zoo plans, especially when she knew your brother and family were going to meet you there.  She sounds more like a 13 year old with that behaviour.  Is that a symptom of her Aspergers?  

That's funny about the dogs.  Gabby and Mountain Dog are best friends already, eh?  I know what that can mean in doggie terms.  It usually means they need a bath, lol. I hope your family plans for today will be better than yesterday's.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583
Stephanie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 1:26 PM

Linny t:
 She has the time to do that, so why not?

I agree. She has enough to worry about with just getting packed and the upheaval of it all without feeling like she needs to sift through every picture and memory and let it all go. God Bless you for helping her with the heavy lifting and being a shoulder for her to lean on.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583
Stephanie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 1:26 PM

Lillie,

I too wish you a wonderful vacation. May the rains be minimal. Cheers!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583
Stephanie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 1:31 PM

Linny t:
Is that a symptom of her Aspergers?  

Yes, I believe it is. She has a routine she seems to follow. I was pleasantly surprised when she popped up and said she'd better shower for company. Woohoo! LOL.

Linny t:
 I know what that can mean in doggie terms.  It usually means they need a bath, lol.

ROFLOL. You know it! Should have sent one of them in with my niece. LOL Two for the price of one. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,223
Points 44,430
Diane replied on Mon, May 13 2013 6:03 PM

Stephanie---I am so sorry to hear about your niece.  She sounds very stubborn.  I hope that she is in therapy.  Being in a positive environment helps a lot.  I don't think these kids respond well to any negative reinforcement.  It takes so much love and patience.  I am still going through this with may daughter.  How long will she be with you?

Page 33 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev3132333435Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.