My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:29 PM

Hi Everyone!   I finally got the password thing straightened out!  I think it started because I changed back to google chrome.  I hadn't written my password down so I emailed admin when the password change didn't work.  In fact I emailed them 4 times.  They called me today and explained that lots of their emails were going into the spam folder.  Linny had gotten me their phone number but no one picked up there.

Anyway, to update you, my dragon Nellie had another clutch of eggs---this time 17.  I have taken better care of them so they are still alive (I hope).  I thought she would never drop them and she kept scratching for over a week before they came.  I'll post a picture soon.

I am almost finished my part on 2 blocks from the other RR's and I'll post those soon.

Linny thank you for your concern about my password issue.  It made the situation so much better.

So glad to be back!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 6:16 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope everyone is up planning a super day.

I'm headed out to school.  I've got a couple of kids coming out to help me clean and organize the kitchen cabinets in the lab.  I'm really kinda of excited.  We do the cleaning every year but kids don't really clean clean.   The two that are coming are very dependable.   I've been wanting to do this for a while.   They need community service hours for scholarships and so we'll both be getting something out of it.

Linny,

It actually start after I went shopping on Sunday with Keeley for her dress.   I use the card with a couple of food vendors that you had to sign instead of use your pin and I think that's were things went wrong.   Donn said it could have actually been based on something I've done on the internet.   The girl at the bank said it is quiet common.   Anyway, I will keep my eyes out. 

Stephanie,

Congratulations on your cabinet haul.   I think you are wise to do it now.   That 's kind of my thinking around here.   I'm trying to make my flower beds smaller and more self maintence.   One of my jobs for this spring is to get rid of the pond in front of my house.   I put it in when the kids were little and we enjoy having fish and turtles but now it's just a wet leaf catcher.  I'm going to pull it out and fill in the hole.  One less thing for me to clean each spring.

Diane, 

Hope you solve your login problems soon miss your positive and uplifting spin on life.

Lillie,

I go on FB quiet regularly.  Haven't had any problems lately.   It's pinterest that's been giving me a fit.

Got to run want to be at school before the kids get there.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 7:16 AM

Welcome back Diane!!!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 7:53 AM

Diane:
Hi Everyone!

Welcome Back!!!! I thought we had lost you!

Diane:

Anyway, to update you, my dragon Nellie had another clutch of eggs---this time 17.  I have taken better care of them so they are still alive (I hope).  I thought she would never drop them and she kept scratching for over a week before they came.  I'll post a picture soon.

My goodness. I can't believe it's been enough time for her to drop more eggs. How exciting for you. Look forward to seeing pic's.

Also  l'm looking forward to seeing your RR blocks. I bet they're beautiful.

So good to have you back online with us. I've missed you. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:00 AM

Robin,

Your day sounds like fun having the volunteers to come help you get organized. My worker was chastising me yesterday for not asking for help when I needed it. It's always been that way. Are you like that too?

Robin:
I'm trying to make my flower beds smaller and more self maintence.   One of my jobs for this spring is to get rid of the pond in front of my house.   I put it in when the kids were little and we enjoy having fish and turtles but now it's just a wet leaf catcher.  I'm going to pull it out and fill in the hole.  One less thing for me to clean each spring.

I bet the kids loved that pond with fish and turtles when they were little. Sounds like a lot of work to have to pull it out. That'll be nice to  have your beds be smaller and easier to maintain. Hope the weather works with you. I get those sinus headaches too when we get these drastic changes so quickly and the pressure is low and humidity high.

Hope your day runs smooth..... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:31 AM

Linny t:
Stephanie, you're going on adrenaline, lol.  The cabinets sound like fun.  Hope you keep us posted on your progress.  What a blessing to get the cabinets for free.  I know you're about doing it now while you have the energy and gumption to do it.  

I'm so excited. I'm posting a before pic of them:

They're everywhere. LOL. This is the wall I'm starting on. It's the dining area right off the kitchen, so it will be like an extension of the kitchen. Definitely some measuring and lots to do before I place them. I'm going to have to mark and remove the doors on the uppers so that I can lift the boxes by myself. Nice of them to leave the handles on too. Woohoo....Off to find that tape measure......

You asked about the weather here. It's balmy. muggy, and very overcast. Looks like it could rain any minute. That's ok, we need it badly...   

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:20 AM

Diane:

Hi Everyone!   I finally got the password thing straightened out!  I think it started because I changed back to google chrome.  I hadn't written my password down so I emailed admin when the password change didn't work.  In fact I emailed them 4 times.  They called me today and explained that lots of their emails were going into the spam folder.  Linny had gotten me their phone number but no one picked up there.

I am almost finished my part on 2 blocks from the other RR's and I'll post those soon.

Linny thank you for your concern about my password issue.  It made the situation so much better.

So glad to be back!

Yeah!!!! Diane's back!!!!  So, they finally called you.  I am so glad you got this resolved.  I actually prayed about it last night.  

Nellie is quite the egg maker, isn't she.  I wish you luck with the new clutch.  I want to see what brand new baby dragons look like.  

I'll be looking forward to pics of them and of your RR blocks.  We've been talking a bit about our next RR over the past few weeks.  Were you able to read the posts or do you need an update?   

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:27 AM

Stephanie, what a haul!  Those are nice cabinets and they're going to look great in your house.   That's a few thousand dollars worth of cabinets.  Look at all that storage space.   You've got your hands full with hanging them, but I know you can do it.  Make sure you get help lifting so you don't get a back ache.  They look heavy.  Are you going to do anything with the finish?  They look great like they are.  What a difference they will make in your home.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:37 AM

Robin, you are wise to make your beds smaller and more maintainable.  I used to have a pond and they are a lot of work.  I had one in my back yard when my kids were little and they got so much entertainment from it.  I was young enough then to clean it.  Today the most I want is a water feature that's contained in a pot, just for that gurgling sound.  I hope the weather cooperates with you.  

With the credit/debit card thing, it happens much to often.  It's hard to find a person it hasn't happened to.  Some day they'll come up with a way to prevent it, I hope.  Thank God the banks offer protection.

Good luck today with your cleaning project.  It'll feel good to go in Monday knowing it's done, won't it?

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640
Norma Doll replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:37 AM

Stephanie:
Off to find that tape measure......

Those cabinets are really nice! You are so lucky to get them. I am amazed at how many people change cabinets, etc, just because they are tired of them. I guess I am too practical. There was a time when I could afford to do that, but still didn't.

Diane:  It is good to have you back, I have missed you.  I hope you have lots of babies.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:47 AM

Diane,

Welcome back and Congratulations on the eggs.   I hope you have better luck this time.   

Stephanie,

The cabinets are very beautiful.   I'm green with envy.   If I lived closer I'd want you to measure my house.

We didn't get very far with the kitchen organizing and cleaning.  Mostly because I thought we were just working this morning so I planned other things like laundry and yard work,  things I could have put off but really need to focus on also.  So we knock off at 12.   So it's a beautiful sunshiny day and I'm fixing to jump out and join it.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 12:11 PM

Stephanie---the cabinets are beautiful.  I always liked white cabinets---they give the kitchen such an open look.  How exciting!

Robin---thank you for your kind words.  It's always wonderful to hear from you.  You are so busy, as usual.

Lillie--thanks for the welcome back.

Linny--thanks for everything you do!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 12:50 PM

Stephanie, those are beautiful cabinets. Did you repaint ans stain them yourself? You probably already told us what you did in a previous post and I missed that part. I can't wait to see what they'll look like when the room is finished. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 2:28 PM

Thanks Normajo.  I'm glad to be back!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 2:32 PM

Linny---I was able to read the posts although I don't trust my memory so I may be asking questions.

• Post Points: 35
Page 16 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev1415161718Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use