rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 2:59 PM

Lillie:
I received my final block for the Whisper RR. It's a traditional block. YAY!!! Three of the blocks were very contemporary/modern.

I'm happy for you. I know this took a really long time, and the shipping is ghastly.

Lillie:

Wish I could have Diane's block back so I could re-do my part. Her's was the first block I had ever done CQ on. I'm so glad she was gracious about my lack of ability. I've learned so much doing the I dropped my buttons RR with our little group. Ya'll have been wonderful mentors.

Lillie, I thought you did a fabulous job on all of our blocks! So much so that it was hard to believe you haven't been doing this for years and years.  

Can't believe your temps and getting snow already.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 3:05 PM

I've gotten all the cabinets installed in my sewing room as of yesterday. Just need to have Lowe's cut me a piece of stain grade plywood to finish the countertop. 

I've been putting back all the books, fabric etc that I've had packed in boxes and scattered throughout. Finally getting there. Woohoo!

Tomorrow is a Cook Off at the Fairgrounds and I think we may go. It'll be nice to get out and do something fun.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 3:10 PM

Robin:

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday to you too.

Keeley's time to go to FSU is nearing. It's going to be such a big change for her too, I think . I know she'll be home every chance she gets. Best of luck to her.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 4:02 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie, I thought you did a fabulous job on all of our blocks! So much so that it was hard to believe you haven't been doing this for years and years.  

Can't believe your temps and getting snow already.

Thank you Stephanie. It means a lot to me that all of you were pleased with my work.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 8:31 PM

Lillie, I absolutely love your work on my block and on all the others.  On Diane's block I thought it was so clever and fresh looking.  Like Stephanie I couldn't believe it was your first work.

I saw that snow on the weather today and though, "Oh, I bet Lillie is happy."

I've been unable to get online until now.  My next post will be starting My Day 3, so see ya'll there...

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640
Norma Doll replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 11:39 AM

Good Monday Morning to all of you,

We were up early and down to DMV to get my drivers license renewed (this is our second trip down there 40 miles). You have to have so many things to prove who you are, even tho' you have had a license b/4.  I was thinking how lucky men are ; they never change their names. Things went ok this time.

Our "Fall Foliage" trip left a lot to be desired.....first thing we left half an hour late because we were waiting on someone, then it rained on and off the whole time, plus it was foggy and you couldn't see the top of the mountains. The lunch at one of the couples "cabin" was very nice and a beautiful place. I just wouldn't want to have to drive 3 1/2  hours to get there.  Then on the way back we got held up with an accident for about 45 min. and the driver was afraid we were going to run out of gas or it was going to get dark (he doesn't drive after dark).  We left at 8:00 and got home at 6:30.

I made the corn hole bags and here is what I ran into..........the finished size is to be 6 inches square; you are to start with 7 inches square pieces with half an inch seam allowance.  Two of the sides were 7 inches and the other two 6 1/4. They had cut the fabric out before they gave it to me. It was heavy duck cloth so it was hard to turn right side out. George did the turning for me. I told his cousin all the problems I ran into and that this was the last time I would do it. At least now they know.

The baby shower was really nice; she go a lot of nice/cute things. A lot of people came, so that was good. There is going to be another baby shower for one of the ladies daughter. She is having a boy, so I am going to get busy making boy blankets now.    Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 4:39 PM

Jo,

You should find out if you can renew your licenses online. I have renewed mine online. They just keep using the same picture. Nice, because I look 7 years younger...lol  I think if you haven't had a ticket of any kind since your last license, they let you renew online.

That's too bad about your fall foliage trip. I hope the lunch turned out well.

I would not have wanted to sew the duck cloth either. It's just to stiff and hard to work with.

Glad to hear the baby shower turned out well.

We've moved to My Day 3, which seems to be working much better than My day 2.

northern colorado

Page 143 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev139140141142143
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use