rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,248
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 5:16 PM

Linny t:
I saw that and want to go back and explore it more, like the birthday flowers.

Me too. It's nice to have a link to some different flowers and bouquet ideas.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 7:39 AM

I had such week and last night it caught up with me.  I fell asleep right after supper and didn't wake until 6 am.  I feel better for it too.

Today I'm off to meet Barb & Karen for breakfast.  After that, the flea market.  A little adventure for us.  We haven't been since last fall.  I hope they have mums...

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 7:41 AM

Good Morning everyone!

Hope you are all looking forward to a bright fall day.

I'm not sure what I'll accomplish this day but yes Linny and Stephanie quilting is definitely on the list of things I'm going to accomplish this weekend.  My list of Christmas presents is not getting worked on.  

Another thing I have to work on this weekend is cutting back on my ADD medication.  It's not performing as well as it use to some my doctor recommended that I cut the dose back on the weekend and then take the full dose of the week days that it would increase the effect.  Going up to the next level is really not an option.   I also have decided to look at what I eat a little more closely and see if I can enhance by functions with the way I eat which is terrible for a nutrition teacher.

Stephanie,  That site is a great little resource.   I love the flowers but I have thrill to find bugs too!

Here is some close ups of the Allie Adler Quilt I saw at the quilt show.  Sorry it took so long to post them.

This is the whole quilt.  It was about a foot and a half both ways.

Another...

Sorry this one is side ways . 

Have a great day!

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 11:02 AM

Hi Everyone

Robin, thank you for posting.  It looks like she put a lot of work in that beautiful quilt.  She has a great imagination.  Wish I had that too!

Yesterday, I had a "coffee and sweets" time in my apartment.  It was on the house calender.  Still on Thursday evening I called all the nice people in the building.  It turned out great!  We had a bout 7 people and several dropped by to see the baby lizards.  I was so tired when they left.  Today I'm taking it easy.  I have to go to church tomorrow because the owner of the quilt will be there with cash!!!  I have had this quilt for 2 years.  Way too long but finally it's done!

Happy Saturday everyone.  Linny have fun going out to eat.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,248
Stephanie replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 1:56 PM

Linny, Hope you have a great time, and find lots of mums!

Robin,

Allie's quilt is so cool. Blowing up the close ups to see the detail made me realize this is no regular landscape quilt. It must have been a joy to see.

I hope your meds get straightened out. Nothing worse than feeling out of kilter on them. Hope you have some fun with whatever you choose to do. 

Diane,

Your coffee and sweets time sounds like a fun way to visit. And woohoo, the quilt is finally getting back to it's owner. I'd still love to see a pic....

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 2:12 PM

Robin, those are great shots of Allie Alder's quilt. Do you remember if they were raw edge or needle turn applique?

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 8:05 PM

Robin, thanks for posting those pics.  I read about this quilt on her blog where she talks about how she did it.  The scene is from the view outside her sewing studio window.  What a lovely piece.  She's wonderful.  Makes me want to take her class.  Wouldn't you like to be able to spend some real time learning from her in person?  I sure would.  You lucky girl, getting to see it in person.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 8:06 PM

Diane, how nice that your community does these things.  Sounds like it was a fun time.  Has it really been 2 years since you took on that quilt?  Mercy, how time flies...

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 8:11 PM

Stephanie:
Linny, Hope you have a great time, and find lots of mums!

Can you believe they didn't have any mums?  So, I got a rosemary plant.  It smells wonderful.  I found some cool charms and findings and some pretty shells, too.  We had a nice time, but the whole thing tired us all out, especially Barb.  I've spent the rest of my day doing wire wrapping on the shells to turn them into pendants.  All in all a fine day.  Lots of sunshine.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,248
Stephanie replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 6:20 PM

Linny t:
Can you believe they didn't have any mums?

No. I'm seeing them every where. Just not the big fluffy yellow ones I love. 

So happy that you had a good time. Quiet around here today.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 6:35 PM

Yes it is quiet.  I've spent the whole day cleaning my room.  It's still full, but makes sense at least.  I feel good for having done it.  Things get so dusty just sitting on a shelf.

Hope everyone did something fun today.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 5:41 AM

Hello Everyone,

Happy Columbus Day!

I couldn't think of anything to write yesterday other than the ill effects of diluting my meds so I didn't write anything.   This downsizing is rougher than I thought it would be.

Anyway it's Monday!  It's off to a full week of stuff and I've already found a scheduling snaffoo in my life.  So I'll have to work at solving it as soon as I get to school.  I hate when people schedule events for me.    Second Meal next week so a whole list of things to do.   The menu is Pork Loin, Mac and Cheese Supreme, Green Beans, Southern Biscuits, and Apple Crisp.   Trying to create a little fall.

So this weekend I got a little one done on my niece's quilt and worked some on my Christmas ornaments.   I got one side done for one of the ornaments.  Working on side two. 

Have a great day!

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 6:28 AM

Good morning everyone!  Hope your Monday smiles on you.

Robin, your week sounds like a full one.  Everyone's going to love that meal.  Glad to hear you got some done on your niece's quilt and moving along with your ornaments, in spite of your meds. adjustment..  I have both sides ready to stitch for one ornament and have started stitching on one side.  Hope the trick with your ADD meds works.

Have a lovely day. 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 7:27 AM

Robin:

Hello Everyone,

Happy Columbus Day!

I couldn't think of anything to write yesterday other than the ill effects of diluting my meds so I didn't write anything.   This downsizing is rougher than I thought it would be.

Anyway it's Monday!  It's off to a full week of stuff and I've already found a scheduling snaffoo in my life.  So I'll have to work at solving it as soon as I get to school.  I hate when people schedule events for me. Second Meal next week so a whole list of things to do. The menu is Pork Loin, Mac and Cheese Supreme, Green Beans, Southern Biscuits, and Apple Crisp. Trying to create a little fall.

So this weekend I got a little one done on my niece's quilt and worked some on my Christmas ornaments.   I got one side done for one of the ornaments.  Working on side two. 

Have a great day!

Robin

I often can't think of anything to write so I won't post for days. But, I do read everyone's posts. It's been extremely quite on this blog for the past several days. I think we all have so much going on at the beginning of fall and not enough time to post. Or, in my case, nothing of real interest to say.

I finally got my baby quilt back from the quilters. Now I have to put the binding on and ship it out. It was supposed to be shipped out the middle of August, but my fam damily too so stinking long to write stuff on the quilt back that I did not get it back until mid-Sept. Then the quilter had it for almost 3 weeks. This little baby girl is going to be a grandmother by the time she gets this quilt!  lol

That meal sounds yummy Robin!  

We're having our gourmet dinner group this coming Sat. I'm making smoked pork tenderloin, parsley red potatoes, and a green salad. The other two couples bring dessert and apps. It's been over a month since we've all been together. One couple went to England for 2 weeks to visit their daughter and SIL. The other couple went to Ireland for 2 weeks. Ted and I drove to Breckenridge, CO for a long weekend.  lol

I've found out that I get altitude sickness. Breckenridge is at 9600 ft. We live at 5500 ft. I'm going to ask my doc for a prescription for altitude meds. I didn't even know there was such a thing until this past weekend at my book club meeting.

Have a lovely week everyone.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 11:32 AM

Lillie, I hope you can post pics after you get the binding on that quilt.  I'd love to see it.  Sometimes I don't have much to say either.  I've heard of altitude sickness but never knew anyone who had it.  Go figure, living in FL, right?  What is it like?

Your gourmet meal sounds so delish.  Are you smoking the tenderloin or getting it already smoked? 

Linny T

Page 140 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev138139140141142Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use