My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,465
Lillie replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 11:36 AM

Darlene, I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Take comfort in knowing that she is now with our Lord and Savior.

Please take a picture of you in your pink hat. What a wonderful event for a worthy cause.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,603
Points 117,900
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 11:44 AM

OH, Darlene, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.  I felt like I sort of knew your mom because of all you told us.  My prayers are with your dear heart and your loved ones.  You're right.  She's much better off now...no more suffering, pain and dependence on others.  I know how much that bothered her, God rest her soul.  You're so right about making memory quilts from her treasures being good for you.  It's such a process, mourning.  We're all here when you need to get it out.  I'm so glad you're back online at this time.  At least you can face this without regrets.  That's a biggie.

I'm also glad market is over for you now.  I suppose the question is always if it was worth doing.  In your case it sounds like it was.  You got a repeat customer and a really great tan, made friends, I'm sure, and you made some $.   What more could a gal want?  That's odd about the tent.  Maybe it's the sun shining on the quilts that attracts people.  

How are Tim, Kyle and your kitty?  Everything rolling along okay?

Have fun at your Pink Hatters Ladies Night Out.  Sounds like a real fun time.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 2:11 PM

Darlene,

My deepest sympathy on your Mom passing. May God be with you and your family through this difficult time.

Sounds like the Quilt guy made an impact on your summer at Market. That's so cool that he keeps coming back and even when he didn't stop, he'd drive by and wave to let you know he was there.

Hope you enjoy your Pink Hatter's Night Out tonight.  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Darlene, I am so sorry to hear of your moms passing. You were a good daughter to her and you have no reason to have any  regrets. I can't add anything to the beautiful words of sympathy that the other ladies have said; just know that I am thinking of you and your family.  Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 3:15 PM

Hi everyone, In my travels around the web I came across this link: http://caroldaisy.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Tutorial%20-%20%20Carnations

There are a lot of tutorials for all kinds of silk flowers. She also sells stuff on her homepage. Not sure what the shipping rates are, but other than that she seems reasonably priced. 

Jo,

It was so neat to read you are making baby clothes. I hope you PT is going well.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,465
Lillie replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 5:37 PM

Thanks Stephanie, the carnations look beautiful.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,603
Points 117,900
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 8:23 PM

Stephanie, thanks for the link.  I signed up for updates.  Did you see those embellishment packs?  Yummy.  Lots to explore there.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,212
Points 44,195
Diane replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 10:05 PM

Darlene---so sorry about your mother passing.  My prayers are with you and your family.

Stephanie--thank you for the site.  I love carnations and signed up with the site.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 4:09 AM

You're welcome everyone.

I don't  know if you noticed on the page, but off to the right when you scroll down, there are is a whole list of flower tutorials. Lavender, tulips, roses, etc.

Linny,

I did see the embellishment packages. Can't believe I got out of there without ordering. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,184
Points 69,195
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 4:40 AM

Darlene,

I am so sorry for your lost.  Over the years, through your stories I have come to know as a kind, fun loving lady, who enjoy a daughter who was also a friend.  I hope and pray that you will be comforted now with a peace that can only come from the one who made you and now assures your Mama that you are definitely in His precious hands.   At times like this I often think of all the wonders they are experiencing and the fact that they will be the one who will greet me when I'm called.   As the song says "I Can Only Imagine".

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,184
Points 69,195
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 5:08 AM

Stephanie,

Thanks for this site.  I can't wait until I have some time to scour it.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,184
Points 69,195
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 5:24 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks for all the kind words about Laurie's wreck.   It looks as though we will be filing a claim to have the repairs to her car.   We did get a lower estimate from a place in Valdosta, Ga which is only thirty minutes from where we live.  The estimate was like a thousand dollars lower and only three to four days as oppose to two weeks. 

I'm so excited for the weekend.  I have all of my grades caught up to yesterday's work and all but two of my lesson plans written.   Hopefully by the end of the day I will be able to walk out the door and not have any work this weekend.   Of course I have a list a mile long for here around the house so I'll be busy but what a joy to have the chance to have a crack at it.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,603
Points 117,900
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 11:07 AM

Stephanie:
I don't  know if you noticed on the page, but off to the right when you scroll down, there are is a whole list of flower tutorials. Lavender, tulips, roses, etc.
 I saw that and want to go back and explore it more, like the birthday flowers.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,603
Points 117,900
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 11:11 AM

Robin, good thing you thought of getting another est.  Glad to hear you'll be caught up on grading.  Funny how home chores don't just do themselves when the job takes up all your time, isn't it.  I hope you get some sewing done in there, too.

I love that little graphic.  Wouldn't it be fun to make it with fabric?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 5:14 PM

Robin,

Sounds like you are off to the start of a great weekend. That'll be great not to have any Homework to carry home from school. And happy to hear about the repair and turnover time. 

That is a really cute graphic. I'd love to have some french fries right now myself. LOL. Not on my diet. Darn. LOL

Hope you have a great weekend and share Linny's sentiment in hoping you get some quilting time.

Page 139 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev137138139140141Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.