This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 12:40 PM

Lillie:
So, I had nothing to say and still don't. lol

ROFLOL. I'd have to ditto that for being off here the last couple days.

We've been getting so much rain here all summer I'm just flat out weary of it. Yawns and sleeps, Yawns and sleep. That's how it affects me. How I'd love to see a rainy day and not fall asleep. There have been some beautiful double rainbows though, and last night a big round pink cloud that looked like it touched the ground in the distance with some amazing heat lightning dancing thru it. It would light up bright yellow wtih the arcs and go back to pink. Only in Nature can such incredible things be seen.  

Speaking of Nature, Diane, your babies are so cute! You must be having a ball with them watching and learning as they grow.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,205
Diane replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 12:47 PM

Here is the other block that I'll probably use for out RR. I went crazy putting these blocks together--don't know why but I love the colors.

Robin--wish I was in your class!

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 4:01 PM

YAY! YAY! and another YAY for good measure. I have finished all the "have to" quilts. I am now on to doing fun things just for me. My first one is going to be a thoroughly modern wall hanging. I'm doing it with a solid black background and white strips with a slash of red. I'll send pics as I get things finished.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 4:04 PM

Diane, I love that little touch of pink in the center of this block. This makes me want to get back to my Allie Aller class on Craftsy.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 5:56 PM

Diane:
don't know why but I love the colors.

Me too. Another beauty.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 5:58 PM

Lillie:
I am now on to doing fun things just for me. My first one is going to be a thoroughly modern wall hanging. I'm doing it with a solid black background and white strips with a slash of red. I'll send pics as I get things finished.

Sounds really pretty Lillie. Look forward to seeing pic's.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:21 PM

I've been playing with my camera and uploading some pictures today and I thought I'd share a pic of some unusual ducks that landed on my fence posts and the double rainbow from the other night.

You may have to look for the halo raibow. It was such a pretty night where the greens after the rain look glowing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,235
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:03 PM

Stephanie, the rainbows are wonderful!  Those are different ducks.  Would you look at the feet on them!  Gold medal swimmers, must be, lol.  Your camera takes great pics.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,235
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:05 PM

Lillie:

YAY! YAY! and another YAY for good measure. I have finished all the "have to" quilts. I am now on to doing fun things just for me. My first one is going to be a thoroughly modern wall hanging. I'm doing it with a solid black background and white strips with a slash of red. I'll send pics as I get things finished.

Sounds great, Lillie.  Can't wait to see it.  I get the doing something you want to do just for yourself.  Congrats on getting the "have to's" done.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,235
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:06 PM

Diane, I love this block, too.  Now I get to look forward to decorating it and I'm looking forward to that.  How's the babies?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,235
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:08 PM

Robin, hang in there.  Tomorrow's TGIF!  How's your week been so far?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,205
Diane replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:25 PM

I am having so much fun with the dragons.  They are so cute and funny.  They are easily frightened and still two of them start jumping an trying to get out of the tank. I got my 1000 crickets today.  They are very small. They should take me a long way with the feedings.

Stephanie---the wildlife in your back yard is amazing.  The pictures look great.

Lillie--It's been in the news all day about the flooding in Colorado.  All that rain has really caused a lot of damage as well as people dying. I am wondering why you are 

getting all this rain. Be safe.

We are having the quilting bee tomorrow at 1pm.  She is serving lunch and brownies for dessert.  I a trying to mark the quilt with X's.  I am so beat tonight so I'm going to rest.

Sweet dreams everyone.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 6:20 AM

What cool looking ducks. Don't you just love wildlife? We had a hawk sitting on our fence late afternoon yesterday. It was just looking around for something to eat.

I love rainbows.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 6:23 AM

Diane:

Lillie--It's been in the news all day about the flooding in Colorado.  All that rain has really caused a lot of damage as well as people dying. I am wondering why you are getting all this rain. Be safe.

No worries here in Fort Collins Diane. We live up against the foothills and all the run off is going downhill away from us. Thanks for thinking of me.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 349
Points 9,480

Thanks for the pictures of the ducks and the rainbows.  The ducks are really unusual.  I always get sooooo excited when I see a rainbow. The bible says it is God's promise that he will never flood the earth again, if I remember right.  

I have had a busy week, it seems......went fast.  Laundry Mon., doctors appointments Tues. and Wed., Nails Thurs.  and here it is Fri.  The neurologist wants me to try some physical therapy for my balance from my ear. He says they tilt you.  I go next Thurs for that.  I had lost 6 lbs in 3 mos. at the nurse practitioners. Not a lot but better than gaining.  They are going to call the plastic surgeon re: tummy tuck. I was hoping my blood work would be better; I have been eating Cheerios for a couple of months for breakfast w/o sugar and also I keep some by my chair to eat dry as a snack in the evening.  DIDN'T WORK!!  They all went up a little.  Do you think false advertising?? lol.   I am planning on baking some cookies today and doing some alterations on a couple of dresses, hems and sleeves and pressing.   Golf for George.  My gel polish looks so good; I have a medium pink with pink sparkles over top of it.  Picture attached:  I guess they don't show up very well.  Hugs, Jo

Page 122 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev120121122123124Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use