My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 11:21 AM

Very cool, indeed, Lillie.  I want her studio.  I love her work.  Amazing stuff!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 11:24 AM

Robin:
Today we are making sauce for the Lasagna which is the base of our first meal, which is in two weeks.
 This made me hungry, lol.  I have peanut butter and crackers so no comparison.

Robin:
I don't usually watch professional football because like some of you said it has gotten so rough and then there's all the drama.   I swear grown men acting like they are little girls is very unbecoming.   But I watched some of the Redskins game last night because a former student of mine is now on the return team.   This is the same one that broke his back a few years ago playing the sport he loves so much.   He is a terrific kid (I guess I need to quit calling him that).   He is just a good person.

This amazes me.  That kid must have a terrific spirit.

Robin:
Linny,   So glad Barbs spirit is lifted.  And the bead site you posted could get me into lots of trouble.
 It's already gotten me into trouble numerous times, lol.  They have the daily special every day and it's so tempting to buy the beads.  They all just look so darned yummy.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:11 AM

Well, I'm thinking maybe we're having site issues?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 1:21 PM

Linny t:

Well, I'm thinking maybe we're having site issues?

I guess so Linny. No one was on this morning and I really had to focus on getting a newsletter ready for print for a quilting guild that I'm the web person and the newsletter person. So, I had nothing to say and still don't. lol

It's been raining here off and on (mostly on) for 2 days. YAY!

Happy Wed everyone!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 5:09 PM

Hi Everyone--I thought I would post my RR block for the other group.  I will probably use one for our RR if I don't get the sewing machine cover together because I made 2 but this will give you the idea.  I'll post it when I can---can't find it right now. lol

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 5:22 PM

Diane, I love the colors.  It's so pretty.  I can see it with all lace and stitching on it.  It'll be fun to have a sewing machine cover made like that.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 5:23 PM

That's fun, Lillie.  What a great group it must be.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 5:33 PM

Linny-I had planned to use this fabric for my sewing machine cover.  I got some beautiful silks from Ribbonsmyth.  I guess I'll have to order more.  I signed up for this RR a year ago and it just got filled up.  No wonder I forgot about it!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 6:18 PM

Love the colors Diane. I think it's going to be a stunning block.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 5:38 AM

Diane,

Your block is lovely and the embellishment hasn't even started yet.  It's going to be fabulous.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 347
Points 9,470

Your block is so pretty, Diane, the colors give the people a lot of neutral colors to do their embellishments on.  I am sure it will be so nice when it is finished. Is their a theme for this rr?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:42 AM

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my block.  No theme for the RR.  I have another which is similar.  I think I'll make pillows.  It took me so long to pick the colors and make these blocks, but then I hadn't made any for awhile.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 12:22 PM

Diane,

I love your block too. Beautiful choice of colors and fabrics, and great job on the composition. They'll make beautiful pillows for sure.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 12:27 PM

Lillie:

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I found this web site this morning. Her work is stunning. Saw a video on The Quilt Show (TQS) with her. She showed us how to sew curves without pinning. Very cool.

http://zoombaby.com/my_work/quilts/

I watched the video this morning. Isn't it just amazing that she only started quilting in 2009! And it was from getting involoved with Project Linus. Her watercolor paintings were incredible too. Such talent. Thanks for the link. I'd meant to go there after the show and didn't get a chance.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 12:31 PM

Robin:

Today we are making sauce for the Lasagna which is the base of our first meal, which is in two weeks.  This gives me a chance to review sauces with the kids.  Remind them about Mise en plus and get a little bit of a head start on the meal.  Thanks to some student help from other classes the table clothes are hemmed, the aprons should be finished today and I hope to see a set table and completed bulletin board by the end of the period.

Yum! One of Mike's biggest peeves about Italian restaurants and pizza is the sauce. Either their isn't enough, or it sometimes it has too much Basil? or something in it. What  a great idea to review them with the kids and get their take on it. Sweet that you got your table clothes hemmed. Did you get your table set up and bulletin board ready like you wanted to?

Page 121 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev119120121122123Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use