rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 11:33 AM

Norma Doll:
Linny, I am so glad to hear Barb is feeling some better and getting her mind-set back!  Please tell her we are all thinking and praying for her.
 Thanks, Jo.  I will tell her.  She loves to hear that you all keep her in your prayers.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 11:35 AM

Robin:
Church was great!   I felt more balanced after leaving and hope I can maintain it.   I've got to get back to my morning devotions.
 That's so good to hear, Robin.  I really love it when you share your morning devotions with us.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 11:37 AM

Lillie:

I went to our LBS (local bead store) and picked up a few things. But their selection was extremely limited. Just beads, stones, woods, and some charms. No sea creatures or animals. It was rather disappointing. 

Check this out at Lima Beads.  Pretty nice looking shell and starfish charms.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 3:35 PM

Linny---I am so glad the Barbara is feeling better.  She will be in my prayers also.  She has been through so much.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

The babies are so cute, Diane, what a miracle and to be able to do it all yourself.  That is so great. You must be so proud.

My back is so much better now.  I didn't baby myself; I did 3 loads of laundry and made potato soup for a couple of our men friends that don't have wives. Of course, some for us too.  

Lillie,  If you wouldn't mind could you tell me how to do a name like you put on your post?  

Hugs, Ho

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 3:59 PM

Diane,

They did a nice job on your block. Even though it's not finished it still looks great. It has all this open space that you can finish yourself. I know it will look beautiful when you are finished with it.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 4:00 PM

Diane,

They're so cute! How do you keep them in one place when you let them out?  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 4:04 PM

Linny t:

Check this out at Lima Beads.  Pretty nice looking shell and starfish charms.

Linny, This is perfect. Just exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 4:17 PM

Norma Doll:

Lillie,  If you wouldn't mind could you tell me how to do a name like you put on your post?  

ACK! Jo, I totally can not remember how I did it. I went to my profile page but there was nothing to click on for a signature. I'm so sorry. I know I learned it from one of the other ladies. I hope they read this and can tell you how to do it. I remember it was really easy to do, but finding it was a bear.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 4:21 PM

Lillie:
They're so cute! How do you keep them in one place when you let them out?  lol

They are really cute. When I clean the tank, I'll put them in a tupperware container otherwise they will stay in the tank.  I hold them sometimes.  If you cover their head there is a physiological response---they shut their eyes and sometimes go to sleep.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 4:35 PM

Norma Doll:

The babies are so cute, Diane, what a miracle and to be able to do it all yourself.  That is so great. You must be so proud.

My back is so much better now.  I didn't baby myself; I did 3 loads of laundry and made potato soup for a couple of our men friends that don't have wives. Of course, some for us too.  

Thansks Norma Doll.  Any birth is a miracle isn't it.  Glad to hear your back is better.  Back pain is no fun.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 5:34 PM

Norma Doll:

Jo, I'm so glad your backs stopped hurting.  I guess sometimes we have to push through the pain to feel better.  What a nice thing you did with the soup.  Potato soup is hearty and sticks with you, so those lonely fellas will be better for your good deed...so will George and you...

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 5:42 PM

Diane:

Linny---I am so glad the Barbara is feeling better.  She will be in my prayers also.  She has been through so much.

Thanks, Diane.  Thanks for the prayers.  She was feeling good today, too.  I think our prayers are being answered.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 5:53 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope your off to a right fine start.

Today we are making sauce for the Lasagna which is the base of our first meal, which is in two weeks.  This gives me a chance to review sauces with the kids.  Remind them about Mise en plus and get a little bit of a head start on the meal.  Thanks to some student help from other classes the table clothes are hemmed, the aprons should be finished today and I hope to see a set table and completed bulletin board by the end of the period.

I don't usually watch professional football because like some of you said it has gotten so rough and then there's all the drama.   I swear grown men acting like they are little girls is very unbecoming.   But I watched some of the Redskins game last night because a former student of mine is now on the return team.   This is the same one that broke his back a few years ago playing the sport he loves so much.   He is a terrific kid (I guess I need to quit calling him that).   He is just a good person.

Linny,   So glad Barbs spirit is lifted.  And the bead site you posted could get me into lots of trouble.

Diane,  The little dragons look so frisky.

Lillie,  Sounds like you are as busy as ever.

Stephanie and Jo,  I think it is so sweet how you care for your football fan/.hubby. 

Have a super day everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 8:09 AM

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I found this web site this morning. Her work is stunning. Saw a video on The Quilt Show (TQS) with her. She showed us how to sew curves without pinning. Very cool.

http://zoombaby.com/my_work/quilts/

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Page 120 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev118119120121122Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use