My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 4:30 PM

Robin, you are such a dedicated teacher to put so much of yourself into your classes.  It's no wonder you've been going to so many weddings.  You really give of yourself.  My hat's off to you!

Robin:
I'm been putting in some time on my purse.  I'm having fun just sitting and stitching.  Instead of completely planning what I want to do I'm kinda of playing it by ear, which is a little nerve racking but also a lot of fun because nothing has to turn out exactly as I've planned.  I think there is a freedom in that.
 Like Stephanie says, that's the Crazy part.  It's the difference between just sewing and being a fiber artist, I believe.  

Robin:
Linny,   How's things going with Barb?   I think about you guys often.
 The first good sign was the other day when she told me she was unable to sleep because she had so many creative thoughts.  She hasn't had many for the past few weeks, but when they came back they did so with rigor, lol.  Today she was all excited because she could organize her things.  I think that's about being able to have thoughts she could chain together to make sense.  She's been forgetting what she thought right after thinking it.  She's feeling much better physically, too.  She said she needs to get back into shape.  I hope this lasts a long time.  It's like she's coming back.  Thanks for asking, Robin.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 4:33 PM

Stephanie:
Today we went to watch my nephew play football. The tiny leagues. Six and seven years old. They're all set up with uniforms and helmets just like the big guys, and have tiny little cheerleaders to cheer them on. Cute, just too cute. Brings back memories of Paul at that age for sure. Football, baseball, soccer.
 Sounds adorable, Stephanie.  I can't wait until Nate gets to play football.  This year it's going to be T-Ball.  

Stephanie:
I've been plugging away at the little embroidery. One bird left to go and I'll post a pic for you.
 I can hardly wait!

Stephanie:
Outside of that, life is pretty day to day. Just the way I like it. :0)
Amen to that!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 5:19 PM

Here's my quilt, all ready for basting.  I got it basted and I'm about half way through with marking the quilting lines.  The borders are tucks, even though they just look like stripes.  I will turn them into Mexican tucks after it's quilted and before I put the binding on it.  I had to stand on the sofa to get this pic.  My dogs were very good in not getting on it.  I was surprised, especially with Lillie.  She's never seen a quilt on the floor.  Lucky knew just what was going on and after I was done and picked it up, she rolled on the floor where it had been, like a silly dog, lol.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 347
Points 9,470

Linny t:
Here's my quilt, all ready for basting

Your quilt is really beautiful, Linny!  I will be interested to see it when it is finished; I never heard of Mexican tucks.  I will have to Google it. lol  I have been printing some paper piecing patterns that I thought looked pretty today.  

Our little town had a Country Roads Festival going on Thurs, Fri  and Sat. We went down for a while this afternoon.  I told George I wanted some "fair food" , I had an Italian Sausage sandwich and fresh squeezed lemonade.  It was nicer this year.... they changed the location and had more things going on. They even had a "zip line" and a lot of things for the kids to do.  If I could walk better I would have enjoyed it so much more; I didn't get to walk only about half of it and that wasn't very far.  

I am so excited; I just saw in the AARP magazine that Medicare will pay for a tummy tuck if your stomach hangs over and causes a rash......mine does.  I use Nystatin powder every day so as not to get sore there.  I see my nurse practitioner next Wed. and I am going to ask her to recommend a doctor here that does that.  I told George I would probably loose 2-3 lbs. and he said probably 10. lol   I hope all this is not TMI for all of you.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Norma Doll:
Our little town had a Country Roads Festival going on Thurs, Fri  and Sat. We went down for a while this afternoon.  I told George I wanted some "fair food" , I had an Italian Sausage sandwich and fresh squeezed lemonade.  It was nicer this year.... they changed the location and had more things going on. They even had a "zip line" and a lot of things for the kids to do.  If I could walk better I would have enjoyed it so much more; I didn't get to walk only about half of it and that wasn't very far.

Sounds like so much fun Jo. Maybe you can go back another day and finish up what you didn't get to see.

Norma Doll:

I am so excited; I just saw in the AARP magazine that Medicare will pay for a tummy tuck if your stomach hangs over and causes a rash......mine does.  I use Nystatin powder every day so as not to get sore there.  I see my nurse practitioner next Wed. and I am going to ask her to recommend a doctor here that does that.  I told George I would probably loose 2-3 lbs. and he said probably 10. lol   I hope all this is not TMI for all of you.

I had to smile when I read this and your thinking about TMI. That's great news really. I had a radical hysterectomy in my 30's and I can relate to a "hang over". Especially as I've gotten older and put on some pounds. Best wishes in getting the recommendation for the procedure. We still would like to look our best no matter what age we are.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Linny t:

Here's my quilt, all ready for basting.  I got it basted and I'm about half way through with marking the quilting lines.  The borders are tucks, even though they just look like stripes.  I will turn them into Mexican tucks after it's quilted and before I put the binding on it.  I had to stand on the sofa to get this pic.  My dogs were very good in not getting on it.  I was surprised, especially with Lillie.  She's never seen a quilt on the floor.  Lucky knew just what was going on and after I was done and picked it up, she rolled on the floor where it had been, like a silly dog, lol.  

Your quilt is awesome Linny. I love the way the white has taken on the look of little sailboats just like you had mentioned. The colors are beautiful and I also love the diamond shapes. Like Jo, I can't wait to see the mexican tucks.

LOL about Lucky rolling on the floor when you picked it up. Sounds like she's ready to for you to finish "her" quilt. LOL 

A  great big "way to go" on how much you've accomplished on this in just a few weekends. Pretty amazing when I think about how busy you are.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 5:47 AM

Linny t:

Linny,

Your quilt is beautiful.  It makes me long for a day at the beach.    I would have never thought of triangles and colors the way you did.  You are so talented.  I'm going to have to look up Mexican Tucks to.  I guess we all have our homework assignment.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 7:50 AM

Stephanie:

Lillie:
Thank you Stephanie.

You're welcome. Happy to share. Are you doing an under sea block for you, or part of an RR?

I'd love to see some pic''s of your sewing room too. We're you able to get your table built? And has it worked out well for you?

I am making and under the sea block as part of an rr for someone else. This rr has been a strange one. I think I am the only one who did a traditional block with floss, silk ribbon, and beads. All the other blocks I have seen have been some sort of picture. Landscape, under the sea, one was completely modern. I have one more block, which has not arrived yet, to complete before I get my blocks back. I won't be doing any more rr's from that group unless all the participants are based in the US. It's just so expensive to ship international. By the time I've shipped all five blocks it will have cost me over $50. Just think of all the CQ items I could have purchased with $50!  lol

Yes, my table is complete and installed in the sewing room. I use it everyday. I love my table! And I love my sewing cabinet too. I purchased a cutting mat to fit on the top of the table. It's white and does not have any grid lines on it. It's supposed to be a self healing mat, but I use my Olfa mats when I have to cut fabric. I figure why take the chance of ruining the mat. I'll post some pics when I get my room completely squared away.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 7:56 AM

Linny,

What a beautiful quilt. I love the colors. Did you use a special template to cut the diamonds? What's a "tuck" and what's a "mexican tuck"?

When our pets were still with us, they always lay all over the quilts when I laid them on the floor. Luckily those quilts stayed with us and not sent out to family members who were allergic to pet hair.

Linny t:

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 8:02 AM

Norma Doll:

Jo,

How fun that you had a country festival in your home town. I've always wanted to try a Zip Line. I've heard they are really a lot of fun. My son and grandsons went on a father and sons day (in Japan) and did a zip line trip. I think it was 30-45 mins long and they went through a small forest. They got off a few times and had to walk a few 100 yards to pick up the next part of the zip trip. They loved it.

lol I want a tummy tuck too. I'll have to mention it to the ladies in my senior aqua fitness classes. Never TMI for me.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,095
Diane replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 8:39 AM

Hi  Everyone

I have been busy and tired with all of these activities and the baby dragons.  The dragons are showing some interest in the chopped kale I am putting down.  I've put crickets in there too but some of them are scared of the crickets! lol  I'm sure they will figure it all out.

It sounds like everyone has been busy.  Linny, the quilt is so beautiful.  I love the colors and how you put the blocks together.  Is it for your room?  I don't under stand the tucks on the boarder.  

I found out that I am in another RR in another group.  I signed up for it a year ago and forgot.  I don't want to do it but I agreed.  I guess you guys are in for some more eye candy from me as it goes.

I am tired but my spirits are good so I'm going to church today.  I better do it while I can because winter will be here before we know it  and that's when I get sick.  Maybe now that I feel better, I can push myself a bit.

The talk went well.  Everyone seemed interested and the food was fantantastic!!!!  Most was too spicy for me.  The tables were "groaning" with food!!!  I didn't even take a plate home because I lost my interest---too much to look at.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:42 AM

Hi Everyone,

It's Sunday and I can't say that I'm ready for Monday but I'm working on it.  

I did make it to church this morning which is the first time since June.  Maybe that's a sign that the going is slowing down and the routine is setting in. 

I hope you all have a productive and crafty day.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 12:29 PM

Lillie:
I am making and under the sea block as part of an rr for someone else. This rr has been a strange one.

Sounds like this RR has been a whole different experience. That's too bad the shipping has to be so darn high for something like this. I can't wait to see what they have all done on yours. Sounds like it might come back very unique.

Lillie:
Yes, my table is complete and installed in the sewing room. I use it everyday. I love my table!

That's just super that everything worked out and you love it! And I had forgotten all about your cabinet too. You are all set now!.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 12:41 PM

Diane:
The dragons are showing some interest in the chopped kale I am putting down.  I've put crickets in there too but some of them are scared of the crickets! lol  I'm sure they will figure it all out.

LOL. Reminds me of our mama cat years ago teaching her kittens to "mouse"  . Most were afraid, but it didn't take them long to catch on.

Have a great Sunday too. Hope you enjoyed the service today, and that you get your energy levels back.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 12:44 PM

Robin:
It's Sunday and I can't say that I'm ready for Monday but I'm working on it. 

Hope this will be a temporary weekend giver-upper for you, and that by tomorrow you have everything where you need it to be.

Hope you enjoyed the service today as well, and Happy Sunday to you. 

Page 117 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev115116117118119Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use