rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Diane:
 He then jumped off and ran away

He/she is so cute, Diane.  I just was thinking that he may be loose in your house, not in the incubator.  If so, I sure hope you find him; Tito may bite/eat him.  I hope not after all you have been through getting him hatched.   Glad you had a good church day.

Lillie, I love your quilt! I like the pattern you made better than the pictured one also.  I like modern looking quilts better than stars.  I keep downloading quilts that I think I would like to make sometime and I don't think any of them are stars. I would need to live to 100 to get them all done.  lol

BTY..... the dress that I made for the little girl at church was too big for her.  Her grandma said they put it on her and it just fell off. It will probably fit her next summer.  I almost made the smaller size, but I was going by the weight on the pattern and I thought she has to weigh more than 13 pounds.  She is tiny, but she is a year old.  I am not making her another one because I don't enjoy making clothes. I guess baby patterns run large like adult patterns. I was always afraid something would be too small when I made something for myself and usually it was too big. 

You ladies that live in Florida may wear "flip-flops".  I have trouble keeping them on at my age, but I saw some different ones on line and bought them.  I got them at www.amerimark.com  they are called "spa sandals".  Just go to the site and check them out. The have four plastic covered cords that go between your toes. I can keep them on and it is suppose to help circulation to have your toes separated like that.  When I put them on at first they hurt for maybe 2 seconds and then I forget I have them on, they are so comfortable.  All the girls/women here in my town wear flip-flops to church and everywhere.       Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:22 AM

Robin:
Jo and Linny,  You both have accomplished so much in the last month.  I feel absolutely lazy.
 Well, that's how I feel when I read one of your typical posts, Robin.  I don't think you could fit much more in your days.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:28 AM

Stephanie:

Working thru part of the weekend I didn't get to really delve into a project, but I was determined to fire up my machine and do something. I spied the panels that I talked about long ago to cover some open shelved units in my LR and thought it would be doable to hem around  them and get the velcro on.  I used sew on velcro on the fabric and the stick on for the units. That stuff really sticks. LOL. I was surprised at how easy it is to use the sew on stuff too. I thought for sure my needle would hang up in the loops, but it didn't. A simple fix for an eyesore area.

I got my needles threaded and organized for Lesson three of the bluebird embroidery. It's been so helpful to me to have them threaded ahead of time and numbered. That way I can just move from one to another. I have to say with these tiny projects, you don't get bored using the same thread for extended areas like a big project. Most of the areas don't even use a needle full.   

Stephanie, glad to see you finally got on the site.  Sounds like between work and everything you got a lot done this weekend.  You finally got some time for your panels, good for you.  I bet it feels great to look at them now instead of that eyesore area.  Quite a clever solution.  That little bluebird will be done pretty soon, won't it?  I saw where Berlin Embroidery has a class now for a tiny violet and thought about you.  It's something like 2 x 4 inches.  It's not as pretty as Trish's birdies are, though.  The question I had was if miniature embroidery is becoming a trend. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:32 AM

Norma Doll:
You ladies that live in Florida may wear "flip-flops".  I have trouble keeping them on at my age, but I saw some different ones on line and bought them.  I got them at www.amerimark.com  they are called "spa sandals".  Just go to the site and check them out. The have four plastic covered cords that go between your toes. I can keep them on and it is suppose to help circulation to have your toes separated like that.  When I put them on at first they hurt for maybe 2 seconds and then I forget I have them on, they are so comfortable.  All the girls/women here in my town wear flip-flops to church and everywhere.       Hugs, Jo

Those are cute, Jo.  I'd never seen flip flops like that before.  I wear flip flops all the time when I'm at home.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:50 AM

Norma Doll:
I keep downloading quilts that I think I would like to make sometime and I don't think any of them are stars. I would need to live to 100 to get them all done.  lol

I do too. Jo. LOL. I may not get all of them made, but I do enjoy going back and looking at them.

Norma Doll:
BTY..... the dress that I made for the little girl at church was too big for her.  Her grandma said they put it on her and it just fell off. It will probably fit her next summer.  I almost made the smaller size, but I was going by the weight on the pattern and I thought she has to weigh more than 13 pounds.  She is tiny, but she is a year old.

Oh darn, after all that work. Yes, better to large than too small. You'll have something to look forward to. As fast as the little ones grow, it may not take a year.

Those sandals are cute and cushy looking.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:00 PM

Linny t:
That little bluebird will be done pretty soon, won't it?  I saw where Berlin Embroidery has a class now for a tiny violet and thought about you.  It's something like 2 x 4 inches.  It's not as pretty as Trish's birdies are, though.  The question I had was if miniature embroidery is becoming a trend. 

I think there are 8 lessons. Each one seems to cover about an inch, and takes me about two hours or so I think. These are the days I wish my vision was much better. I could get hooked on the miniatures easily.  They're so petite you could put them in a zip loc and take them anywhere.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 1:57 PM

Hi Everyone

I would love to see what you are doing Stephanie.  I think you are great to take this on.  Your embroidery is so beautiful,  I'm sure it will turn out well.  Brave you!

The eggs are slowly hatching.  I think I have 7 dragons now with one more hatching and 2 not doing anything.  I'll wait and see.  Some are darker and some are light.  I think they may change as they grow.  It's interesting to see how fine their markings are and they are so tiny.  I put out some shallow water and chopped up kale as the pet store told me but they may not eat for a couple of days.  Tomorrow I'll get some baby crickets.  That will get them started LOL

I got one of my 'under the sea blocks'.  That RR got missed up and someone had to work on it twice.  It's not finished---the top is not done.  The other one is coming in few days.

I'll post them.

Have a wonderful day!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 4:49 PM

Jo, those sandals are so cute. I've never seen anything like that before. Wonder how they feel on your feet?

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane:

I would love to see what you are doing Stephanie.  I think you are great to take this on.  Your embroidery is so beautiful,  I'm sure it will turn out well.  Brave you!

You are so sweet to say that. There's not a great deal to see yet. The branch, flowers and half of one bird. I don't know if it's the crossover from anchor to dmc threads, but my colors really don't look like her picture. I don't really mind that as long as it turns out ok. It's a learning experience for sure. I think the hardest part is that she shows you a section finished and lists the threads you use in order, but they are all blended together so much in the picture, it's hard to tell just where she put each of them. Not like a paint by number where sections are marked. LOL

Seven dragons!!!! Woohoo! Actually eight. We need more pic's. This is so cool.

Diane:

I got one of my 'under the sea blocks'.  That RR got missed up and someone had to work on it twice.  It's not finished---the top is not done.  The other one is coming in few days.

Thank goodness they are making their way back to you. It's been a long time. Look forward to seeing them...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 7:46 PM

Diane, there are seven already?  By now it's probably 8.  How exciting.  I bet they're all so cute together.  Do their parents seem to notice them?  How about Tito?  

Finally, you got your block back.  You'll just have to put your hand to it to finish it.  A little disappointing, I bet, but still at least you got it back.  Will you have 4 blocks then for your wall hanging?  Can't wait to see pics.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 7:55 PM

Stephanie:
I think there are 8 lessons. Each one seems to cover about an inch, and takes me about two hours or so I think. These are the days I wish my vision was much better. I could get hooked on the miniatures easily.  They're so petite you could put them in a zip loc and take them anywhere.

You are so patient.  I would probably just rush through it without really getting the lessons.  Are you thinking of getting another one after you finish this one?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:09 PM

Linny---I think when the 3 hatch I will have 9 or 10.  I can't count them because I have them in a fairly large tank and they hide and sleep a lot.  Maybe one day I can figure it out.  I have been so excited about all of this hatching activity.  Tomorrow I take Tito to the vet to be evaluated and probably put to sleep.Then tomorrow evening we are having a multicultural night and they want me to speak.  I have a collage of much of my family--4 generations that I plan to use as a visual aid..   Too much going on now.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
Are you thinking of getting another one after you finish this one?

I've already downloaded and have threads for two others. LOL. I may not get to them right away but just having them when I get a whim. I have the little book from Mary Corbett with the tiny projects too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane,

I thought I'd wake up and see a whole bunch of little ones. Too fun!

Best of luck with Tito today. I know it can't be an easy thing for you to do.

Diane:
Then tomorrow evening we are having a multicultural night and they want me to speak.  I have a collage of much of my family--4 generations that I plan to use as a visual aid..  

That's so neat. Have you planned your speech yet?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 5:52 AM

Thank you everyone for the kind words about my quilt top. I really enjoyed making it and my DH really likes it as well.

Diane, how exciting for you to have 8 dragons. I'm an Auntie!!!

northern colorado

Page 114 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev112113114115116Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use