My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:06 AM

Happy Friday, everyone.  I'm off today.  A little later I'm going to my favorite LQS and then my LBS (local bead store).  A little retail therapy to start my short vacation sounds like a plan to me.

I hope everyone has a really nice Friday.  Does anyone have any special plans for Labor Day?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 11:25 AM

Have a lovely day off Linny.

I just heard that the schools are closed today because of the heat. Maybe they should not go back to school until AFTER Labor Day. When I was a kid, I didn't start school until the Tues after Labor Day.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 1:04 PM

Hi Everyone!

Linny--I'm happy for you that you have the day off!  4 day weekend?  Wish I could go with you for fun shopping.  I do that on the internet.  Last night I shopped on ebay and the prices are higher than ever.  But there are some good deals.  I ordered some beads and chandelier type connectors. I love them and they sell easily.

Lillie--I guess they have no air in the schools.  I think there is air in the schools here.  Is it Global warming? LOL

I have been explaining to Tito that I will have him put to sleep because he is so mean.  Last night I went in to clean his habitat and he came over to me so that I could rub his head and neck.  He wanted me to rub him for a long time.  He is not stupid.  I'll see what happens and will keep talking to him.  I know some of you think I must be crazy but I think animals understand humans.

Robin---and everyone--thanks for your support about Tito.  I do love him but if he acts horrible--who knows what to do.  I'll pray about it.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Diane:
 He wanted me to rub him for a long time.

I hope he decides to settle down!!  I had to make Sammy an inside/outside cat because he was so mean, biting me for no reason. That is what the vet suggested. It has worked.  He did try to bite my leg the other day when I was walking and talking on the phone.  He doesn't like for George and I to talk to each other either.  I think he gets jealous.  He doesn't like to be disturbed if he is on my lap or on my chest sleeping.....if I talk he makes a little noise that lets you know he doesn't like it. WEIRD CAT!!  I think we are all animal lovers, Diane, and we do not think you are crazy.  If you are crazy, so are we.

We were invited up to the young couple's house that I made the baby quilt for last night for dinner and to play Euchre. They have  two little boys (second grade and kindergarten) and they were sooooooo good.  They didn't bother us at all when we were playing cards. This girl makes homemade bread, cans pickles and even had homemade butter. They are animal lovers too..... 2 cats, 1 dog, 2 rabbits and 5 chickens. The husband built a coop and made a covered  fenced area for them.  They gave us a dozen eggs to take home.   I think this is unusual for young people now days.  They live within walking distance of us (except I can't walk that far).  The card game was 2 - 2 men against women.  We had so much fun and laughed so much....I told her if laughing was good for pregnant women, she should be good.

We don't do anything special for the holidays; just another day for us.  

Have fun shopping, Linny.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 5:25 PM

Isn't it strange how we love these animals even though the are aggressive and mean?  I do love Tito.  I am trying to work with him.  He has the insincts  of most iguanas.  He runs away or gets angry when you approach.  He feels threatened and is territorial.  His habitat is his and when I get near it he gets and angry look on his face.  Lately I've been giving him fruit with his greens and he loves it.  If I don't put some in he gets mad and pushes to get out of his habitat.  Iguanas are alot like cats.  And your cat does sound crazy! LOL

I guess that's the way she is Doll.  And you love her just the same! lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:35 PM

Diane, that is just fascinating that Tito's temperament changed after you talked to him.  I hope for both your sakes that he doesn't start being mean again.  Do you think he's jealous of the attention you give the others and the eggs?  My cat gets jealous if I pay too much attention to Audra's cat and then he acts like he's not speaking to me, lol.  Animals understand far more than we give them credit for, I think.

Jo, I laughed about your cat trying to boss you around like that.  My cat will attack my hand if I scrub his belly with my fingernails.  Then he rabbit punches with his back legs while sinking his claws into my skin with the front ones.  Ouch!  Like you, I love him anyways.  

Lillie, in NY they don't air condition the schools either.  That's where my other daughter lives.  They go back to school after Labor day.  I agree that they should all wait until after Labor day.  Down here the schools all have AC now.  They didn't when I was a teen, except the colleges.  The kids here have been back to school for 2 weeks already.  I hope your heat wave ends with a cold front.  It's not too early to wish that for you, is it?  The sooner you get them, the sooner I get them, lol.  We still have 90's in the day.  That coolish morning was an unusual exception and a fleeting grace, I'm afraid.  This morning it was hot and humid at 7AM.

I had fun shopping today.  I got home around 12:30 after driving through a storm all the way back and I got a terrible headache, so I rested.  Diane, I wish you could shop with me, too.  All of you..wouldn't it be fun to just all go shopping together?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 7:29 AM

Happy Saturday, everyone.  Hope all your days are filled with creative Joys and happy friends and families!

I have no idea what I'm going to do today.  I'll either clean or sew...not really a choice, lol.  I need to clean, but I want to sew.  We'll see which wins out.  Maybe a little of both.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 9:04 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that Saturday has met you with a smile.

I got up at 7:00 and have made great progress cutting out the pieces for the wool project I bought back a few weeks about.  I am a little disappoint I thought it was all hand work and turns out it is mostly machine stitching.   But now that has me super excited because it increases me getting the work done in time for my mom's Christmas present.  We'll have to see how it goes.

We're leaving around noon to go to Destin for the wedding.   Unfortunately we are not spending the night.  The hotels that were available at the time we check a few weeks ago were super expensive.   So we'll be leaving the wedding in time to drive back home.  Fortunately the wedding is a sunset wedding on the beach so it's early.

Linny---- I start to say SEW!  But if your like me you can't sew if the house is dirty.  So clean today and sew for the rest of your vacation.

Diane--- You are such a good caretaker.

Jo--- We use to have an attack cat and like you loved her very much.  Fortunately with age she got a little less playful.

Stephanie-- I hope you are doing ok  and are just to busy to write as much as you would like.

Lillie--- I don't know that we would ever get through with school in Florida if we didn't have AC.  I'm like Linny I remember the days of no air in school and then they got window units and we thought we had really come up in the world.   But of course as kids we didn't have a lot of AC in our homes and we either played or worked outside most of the day.   Most children now days don't have a clue what's outside their door.   All that to say I hope you are feeling some cooler temps soon.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 11:21 AM

Robin:

Stephanie-- I hope you are doing ok  and are just to busy to write as much as you would like.

I have been busy, and then working sick for a couple days. Sorry I haven't posted.  This is a working weekend for me, looks like. I hope you enjoy your wedding and everyone the weekend.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 3:38 PM

Today we bought some flooring so I can make an ironing board for my table. The flooring is very light weight and it's going to be 2 x 3 feet. Here is the link on how to construct the ironing board.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uGVYK-VeNs

We'll probably do it tomorrow.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 3:53 PM

Cool video Lillie. I used a 2x2 foot piece of 3/4 inch ply and boy is it heavy. you could even put a handle on the cover of this one and take it to a class.  Did you get your table finished?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 7:23 PM

That was really cool, Lillie.  Thanks for sharing it.  Such a good idea and I love their fun videos.  They always have something in them that makes me smile.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 7:26 PM

Robin, I hope you had a good time at the wedding.  Beach weddings are so much fun.  By the way, I cleaned a little and sewed a lot.  I can't seem to do anything creative until dishes are done, floor is swept and beds are made.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 8:37 PM

On our way home from the wedding so full of happy tears. If I ever doubt what I do for a living I hope I can remember tonight.  Not only was the bride beautiful and happy the whole evening I was bless by members of her family thanking me for all I did for this girl when she was in school.  It was such a humbling experience to have her grandmother search me out just to thank me. Not to mention the bride having her mom catch me before the wedding for a photo.  It was a beautiful wedding and I am so terribly proud for her. 

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 9:03 PM

That's wonderful Robin---it makes it all worth while.  Helping someone get through a rough patch then seeing the result!!!

Lillie---that's a great idea about the ironing board.  I put that site on my UTube list.

Page 111 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev109110111112113Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use