My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640
Norma Doll replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 11:37 AM

Hi Everyone.............Well, Rosie has gone home.  Jason and Carson came after her Sun. evening.  I was a little sad, plus a little relieved.  I told them that I knew now that I didn't want one for myself.  I did assure them we would keep her anytime they needed a "pig sitter".

I have the baby blanket almost finished. I am not really happy with it, but I will post a picture when it is completed. I will make her a couple more blankets since JoAnn's had a sale on flannel and I ordered several different designs just to have on hand when I need it.  I can't wait to see them, they should be here any day.

I did take a picture of George and Rosie, so I will post it.

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 12:30 PM

Hi Jo,

I was thinking of you this morning. You pic of George and Rosie is so precious. Love it.

Why aren't you happy with your baby quilt?  I'm looking forwar to seeing it and your new stash of flannels. How' s  your shoulder?

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 12:35 PM

Linny t:
She's making medallions, mostly.  She likes to try new stamps and finishes and mixtures.  Also, trying the different products.  She calls her work "experimenting". 

These sound really cool. I love things that are mixed media like that. Maybe she'd let you share a pic with us sometime.....

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 12:36 PM

Stephanie:

I had an aunt that made her own shiners. She had it going on for fishing. Everyone else could go home without and she always caught fish. She's become a family legend that way, and how she learned to play songs on the piano without ever learning to read a note of music or have any lessons on the piano itself.

I always wanted to learn how to play the piano. Unfortunately, my folks bought an organ and I was not in the least bit interested in it. As it turns out I don't have the thumb/little finger spread needed to play the piano. But, I love to listed to anyone who can play the piano. My Daddy was the same as your aunt. He taught himself how to play the organ without knowing how to read music.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 12:38 PM

Robin:
1 day down and 179 to go the principal said yesterday at the faculty meeting.  I personally think it is way to early to start counting even in your head.   My classes were good yesterday.  A little talkative but good.   The last class was chatty beavers but it because I've had them all before and they all knew each other and wanted to catch up from the summer.   I'm sure they'll settle down a bit as we get into actual work.
 Kids will be kids.  Most of them at high school level are happy to go back to school for the social interaction...darn that school work, lol

I think it's rather strange that the principle is counting down after just one day of school. Maybe they should think about another position.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 12:40 PM

Jo, that is just the cutest picture of George and Rosie.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 4:59 PM

Linny t:
Taking those micro stitches under a magnifier takes way more time than just regular stitching.

My hardest part is keeping them side by side. I think that'll come with practice. Hope so anyway.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 5:06 PM

Lillie:
As it turns out I don't have the thumb/little finger spread needed to play the piano. But, I love to listed to anyone who can play the piano. My Daddy was the same as your aunt. He taught himself how to play the organ without knowing how to read music.

I lacked the small motor skills to play. Short fingers too.  I love to listen to anyone that can play too. I bet it was fun and festive with your Dad playing. Did your family play and  sing at holidays? Mike's family used to with their organ. One sis would play and we'd sing caroles

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 5:07 PM

normajo1030again:

Hi Everyone.............Well, Rosie has gone home.  Jason and Carson came after her Sun. evening.  I was a little sad, plus a little relieved.  I told them that I knew now that I didn't want one for myself.  I did assure them we would keep her anytime they needed a "pig sitter".

I have the baby blanket almost finished. I am not really happy with it, but I will post a picture when it is completed. I will make her a couple more blankets since JoAnn's had a sale on flannel and I ordered several different designs just to have on hand when I need it.  I can't wait to see them, they should be here any day.

I did take a picture of George and Rosie, so I will post it.

Jo, I'm bringing this back to front so everyone can see it before I've chatted the page away.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 5:17 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie:
As it turns out I don't have the thumb/little finger spread needed to play the piano. But, I love to listed to anyone who can play the piano. My Daddy was the same as your aunt. He taught himself how to play the organ without knowing how to read music.

I lacked the small motor skills to play. Short fingers too.  I love to listen to anyone that can play too. I bet it was fun and festive with your Dad playing. Did your family play and  sing at holidays? Mike's family used to with their organ. One sis would play and we'd sing caroles

Yes, we sang while my Daddy played the organ. Every once in a while, we'd do it on a weekend. Didn't have to be a special occasion. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 5:48 PM

Hi Everyone

Norma jo---Rosie is just gorgeous.  I used to have a guinea pig and he was so pretty and sweet.  I got him a mate and he loved her so much.  They had 3 babies!  By that time I had given him to a friend.  Sometimes I think about a rabbit.  They can be very sweet.  Anyone have one?

Stephanie--I have always admired Trish Burr's work.  I would love to see pics when you are ready.  I admire you for doing one.

The dragon eggs have been incubating for 6 weeks now.  The shells are beginning to dimple which may be a sign that they will hatch soon.  The color is still white.  The two that are somewhat collapsed because of high humidity are still hanging in there.  It should be soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:21 PM

normajo1030again:

Jo, this is so cute!  George and Rosie look so contented.  I bet Geroge is sad that Rosie's gone home, too.  What a little fluff-ball she is.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:22 PM

Diane:

The dragon eggs have been incubating for 6 weeks now.  The shells are beginning to dimple which may be a sign that they will hatch soon.  The color is still white.  The two that are somewhat collapsed because of high humidity are still hanging in there.  It should be soon.

wahoo Diane!  I can hardly wait to see the baby dragons. I feel like an expectant auntie.  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:32 PM

Lillie:
I always wanted to learn how to play the piano. Unfortunately, my folks bought an organ and I was not in the least bit interested in it. As it turns out I don't have the thumb/little finger spread needed to play the piano. But, I love to listed to anyone who can play the piano. My Daddy was the same as your aunt. He taught himself how to play the organ without knowing how to read music.

My folks got an organ, too.  Barb got art lessons and I got organ lessons.  I didn't want to take organ lessons one bit.  I could play by ear and had no interest in learning to read music.  It seemed like such a waste of time to me.  I would study Barb's art lesson materials after she was done with them and try to do the lessons on my own.  She was quite happy to teach me what she learned.  She's always been a good teacher.  Mom took me out of the organ lessons and just let me play the thing.  That made us both happy.  I always wanted to learn the piano.  I have one now and pick at it sometimes... often wishing I'd learned to read music all those years ago when I had the chance.  I love to listen to piano music, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:39 PM

Diane:

I can hardly wait!  I am like Lillie.  I feel like the expectant auntie, too.  I've never had a rabbit, but have known people who did.  They are a lot like cats, I'm told.  There's this lady who does stained glass in our town's little art community that has a rabbit.  It's real friendly and just moves about your feet., looking for attention.  I can see a rabbit in this house, lol.  With 2 dogs and 2 cats?  A rabbit wouldn't stand the first chance. 

Linny T

Page 106 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev104105106107108Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use