Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,293
Stephanie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:28 PM

Diane:
"Leslie E" is a member of this group and has her own yahoo group called  "Worldwide Crazy Quilters".  I will be doing a round robin in that group starting Jan 1st.  I will be submitting another 'under the sea' block and I will keep you all posted!

That'll be fun. You could end up with some really dazzling pillows or wall hanging with all different artists working on it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:41 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
 I'm speechless!

I'm so thrilled that you're happy. That's what has made this RR so rewarding.

I tried to add a little of everything you have said you loved the course of mentoring us. Vintage, beads, crystals, victorian, feminine, turtles. Those are high heels. They have pretty little sparkles across the tops. I had ordered the cutest little vanity charm to go with them, only when I got it, it wasn't so little and just looked bulky whever I put it. 

How touched I am that you payed attention, Stephanie.  I truly feel honored.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 8:49 PM

Stephanie,

Your work is perfection.   I love the way you captured so many things that Linny has shared with us over the year not just about her craft but also her life.   I can see the two little girls as Linny and her sister.   The fairy reminds me of the one she was working on with all of the stump work.   I love the encrusting around the silky then the spider is really cool.   Did you make him or did the button come like that?  

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,293
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 3:07 AM

Robin:
Did you make him or did the button come like that? 

Thank you for the lovely comments. The spider button  is a czech glass button. I saw it on ebay as I was searching for vintage buttons and had to have it. LOL. They came in a set of four.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 7:28 AM

I just had to come look at it again.  I am just in love with it.

Robin, that's a sweet observation about the silky.  I saw them as sister/friends and the little cherub fairy is our muse.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,293
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:02 AM

Sweet!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:13 PM

Stephanie---here are pictures of your block.  I hope you are pleased!

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,293
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:54 AM

Diane,

I LOVE IT!!!!! OMG, do I love it!

Your silk flowers are stunning! And look all the crystals! And the cloisonne beads and butterflies! I have loved cloisone since I was a little girl. And all the beautiful matching seed beads. And the fine gold braid.It's just stunning, and enchanting. I can't stop looking at it. Thank you so much! 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 340
Points 9,315

The block is so pretty, Diane!   Explain to me how RR works....do each of you add work on each person's block and then pass it on to the next person on the list; or do you just work on one person's block and send it back to her.  I don't want to be in one, I just want to know how it works.  I don't do the fancy stuff you ladies do.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 7:03 AM

That is really beautiful Diane. Your ribbon work flows really nicely into the next section and brings it all together.

I'm glad I have until Jan 7 to get mine completed and ready to mail.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:06 AM

I am so happy that you pleased with it Stephanie.  I love cloisonne too and I think it goes well with your the oriental look of your block.  I first was trying to make a "sprig of roses" as detailed in my new ribbon embroidery book.  I did add a lot of crystals---I hoped you would love it!  Thanks!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:19 AM

Thank you for all of the nice comments about my work.   

Jo--the way a RR works is---5 people sign up and make their own block.  There is a rotation schedule and you send your block to the next person in line.  Each person works on about 1/4 of the block.  You have a month to work on it and then you mail it to the next person in line.  You always mail to the same person.  After 4 months you get your finished block back.  It's so interesting and inspiring to do a RR.  To see the progress and try to do your best work to make a beautiful block for the other ladies in the RR.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,340
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:02 PM

Diane, you did a beautiful job on Stephanie's block!  Your silk ribbon roses are just gorgeous.  I love the cloisonne beads and look at all those crystals.  Oh my goodness, it's just so stunning!  You are surely in love with silk ribbon embroidery.  It really shows.

Linny T

Page 9 of 17 (244 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use