Cute As a Button Pictures

rated by 0 users
This post has 243 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 6:41 AM

Jo, thanks for sharing the pictures with us. The kitty quilt is really nice. I would probably stroke the mink purse all day long.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,295
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 6:59 AM

Jo

Such neat pieces.   I love the quilt and your purse looks so chic.  You better watch out someone might pinterest it.  Then everyone in Hollywood will want one.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Jo, beautiful quilt.  You did a wonderful job and should be proud of the finished product.  The lattice border was a great addition. 

Love you purse. 

Funny story:  around the end of the year I was volunteering at the Artisan Shop where I have some of my items for sale.  There is also a used clothing shop called My Sister's Closet.  That particular day the "Closet" was having a 50% off day to clear out inventory.  There was a pink "leopard" style fur jacket for sale.  Usually short coats and jackets are $6 and I thought even at full price that would be a great investment to use for a bag or purse of some sort.  It had a zippered front which I planned to use as the top of the bag and the sleeves could have been used for small, "hiipster: style bags.  I took it to the register and the clerk asked me who I was buying it for because it was obvious it would not fit me (junior size and I am not a junior size).  I told her my plan was to repurpose it and she told me what a great price it was.  Since it was half off I only had to pay $25.  I quickly put it back.  Probably would have been a beautiful project even at that price but that was more than i wanted to spend at that time for something I wasn't sure I would do right away.

The jacket sold and is gone.   I regret my hesitance but those who snooze, lose.

Thanks for sharing.  You have inspired me and if I have another opportunity, I will probably jump in with both feet and go for it.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Darlene:
The lattice border was a great addition. 

The lattice border was part of the center panel; I didn't add it, it was all one piece. Stephanie mentioned it, also.  I had to go look at the picture to see what she was talking about.  I am glad you all like it.

Page 17 of 17 (244 items) «Prev1314151617
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use