SAQA - "I'm not Crazy" exhibit.

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t Posted: Fri, Sep 21 2012 11:51 AM

I was looking at the latest from SAQA today and was really moved by the "I'm not Crazy" exhibit.  Just thought I'd share it here.

Linny T

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 12:17 PM

Linny t:

I was looking at the latest from SAQA today and was really moved by the "I'm not Crazy" exhibit.  Just thought I'd share it here.

That was beautiful. That's for sharing the link.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 12:34 PM

Linny t:
really moved by the "I'm not Crazy" exhibit. 

It really is moving to see the art and read the descriptions that accompany the paintings. I really like to know the feelings and inspirations behind them. Thanks for sharing... 

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,205
Diane replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 4:22 PM

Stephanie:
It really is moving to see the art and read the descriptions that accompany the paintings.

It's an interesting exhibit!  I love the "Good and Plenty" photo.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 4:31 PM

I have to say my favorite was the Good and Plenty with the pill in the middle of it.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 4:50 PM

Lillie:

I have to say my favorite was the Good and Plenty with the pill in the middle of it.

Yes, I liked that one, too.  She was lucky a pill helped and happy about it, right?  My favorite was the dark angel one, though.  I also liked the last one.  The one with the daughter's face, where she said "What's next?"  describing the next behavior her daughter exhibited that was to be blamed on the illness.  That one got me, too. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 4:54 PM

Stephanie:
It really is moving to see the art and read the descriptions that accompany the paintings. I really like to know the feelings and inspirations behind them. Thanks for sharing... 
 I don't think I would have been as moved by the exhibit without the descriptions about each piece.  I probably wouldn't have shared it here.

I looked at the other exhibits some, too.  Some of those pieces are for sale and the price tags are like those for other art forms.  I like seeing that Art Quilts are valued as art and not just clever sewing.  Know what I mean?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:01 PM

Linny t:

Lillie:

Yes, I liked that one, too.  She was lucky a pill helped and happy about it, right?  My favorite was the dark angel one, though.  I also liked the last one.  The one with the daughter's face, where she said "What's next?"  describing the next behavior her daughter exhibited that was to be blamed on the illness.  That one got me, too. 

I liked those too.  For me the Homeless man enjoying the simple pleasure of smoking his cigar. Loved the happy look in his eyes. Looked like he'd love to tell a story .

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:03 PM

Linny t:
I like seeing that Art Quilts are valued as art and not just clever sewing.  Know what I mean?

Yes. Art is art no matter what you use to express it. Nice to see the value of it coming into where it should be.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,205
Diane replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:53 PM

I thought that the description of the Good and Plenty photo expressed my feelings when I started Prozac 20 years ago.  A whole new world opened up for me---vibrant colors and all.  I was amazed at what I was missing all those years.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:46 PM

That's wonderful that Prozac helped you in such a great way.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,205
Diane replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:51 PM

Stephanie:
That's wonderful that Prozac helped you in such a great way.  

It was wonderful.  It was at the time of my divorce and I was worried about the effect on my daughter and having to start over again.  I think I spent the whole summer crying.  Every time I was alone I cried.  If I was at work and went to the bathroom, I cried.  While I was making rounds to check the units and found myself in the stair way, I cried.  It was bad.  Prozac saved the day!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 10:29 AM

I felt that way after Ricky passed.  They gave me something - I don't remember what now - but it really helped along with Xanex at night.  I finally weaned myself off of it.    Still, the medicine made it possible to get through that time, so I can relate to the "Good and Plenty" theory.  Sometimes I think I need to go back on it, lol.  I'm glad Prozac worked for you.  Depression is a terrible thing.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 10:37 AM

Linny those were some intresting projects .Kinda scary ..LOL   I want ed to post a couple of picture for you of some of the Crazy quilts I saw yesterday at the quilt show .  I thought all of you might like them..

I just loved this one , it was a beautful quilt .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:46 AM

I too have been no stranger to antidepressants and anti anxiety meds off and on over the years. Sometimes things are just too overwhelming to deal with, and no matter who you talk to there is no relief. These magic med's help break the chain and keep our minds from overcycling themselves. At least that's how I felt about them. They are also a great benefit for the "pain" that comes with depression and having the "fight or flight" feeling of anxiety.  

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use