"Cute as a Button" CQ Round Robin

rated by 0 users
This post has 515 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 3:35 PM

Ok  I made a block for the round robin but I'm not sure I want to use it.   I mean I like it and will use it to make a pillow for my bed which was my thinking from the beginning.  So I'm thinking about making another block if I get the time.   The deal with this one is I made it using some of the prints I got on my trip.  I thought it would be cool to have people who were so support of this event in my life work on something that I was a part of the event.   Anyway maybe I making a big fuss about nothing.  I know it's loud and has a lot of colors but all of the prints except the yellow are from my trip to Alaska and I thought I would share even though I'm really thinking of making another one.  

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Robin:

Ok  I made a block for the round robin but I'm not sure I want to use it.   I mean I like it and will use it to make a pillow for my bed which was my thinking from the beginning.  So I'm thinking about making another block if I get the time.   The deal with this one is I made it using some of the prints I got on my trip.  I thought it would be cool to have people who were so support of this event in my life work on something that I was a part of the event.   Anyway maybe I making a big fuss about nothing.  I know it's loud and has a lot of colors but all of the prints except the yellow are from my trip to Alaska and I thought I would share even though I'm really thinking of making another one.  

Don't you even think about changing it. I LOVE it!!!! The layout is so cool and unique. Send it on and tell us your dreams for it.....

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 4:07 PM

Robin:

I love it Robin.  Don't make another on my account.  Only if you want to.  I'd be honored.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 6:13 PM

Robin:

I love your block too Robin.  It's great!  I am still working on mine but am making progress.   Sometimes it's so hard to be creative! :o)

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 7:24 PM

I have auditioned my block about 10 times and I'm not happy with it and keep changing my mind.  I'm going to sleep on it and try again tomorrow.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 4:21 AM

Thanks everyone for being so supportive.

Yesterday was a rough day for me mentally, so by the time I posted I was really unsure of myself.  Sorry to come across so needy, but I really did have some doubts about the block.   I am so excited that I'm going to get to share it with all of you.

Linny,  I can't wait to see what you do I'm sure it will be terrific.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 7:37 AM

I love the block, Robin. I don't think it's too loud. It's fun and exciting.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 7:47 AM

Linny-

Do we still have about 2 weeks before we need to start thinking about mailing things out? Is the list you sent us the order for mailing?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 5:07 AM

Lilly,

Thanks for the supporting comments.   I just really struggled with this block for some reason.  I think the list is in order and the addresses are posted.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 7:36 AM

Lillie:

Here is a photo of my first ever CQ block!  lol

Lillie, do you have any special requests for your block?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 7:49 AM

Lillie:

Linny-

Do we still have about 2 weeks before we need to start thinking about mailing things out? Is the list you sent us the order for mailing?

I believe we decided to send the blocks out by 9/15.  The list I emailed you is the list you go by, so whoever's name is next after our name is the person we send to for every block.  So, you will always send to Stephanie.

If you go to our group's home page and click on the "Cute as a Button link under current projects, it will take you to the beginning of this discussion thread where the guidelines are.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 7:52 AM

Linny t:

Lillie:

Here is a photo of my first ever CQ block!  lol

Lillie, do you have any special requests for your block?  

Oh golly no. I would never presume to tell any of you what to do with my block. Do whatever you feel should be there. It's an open canvas. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 2:42 PM

Lillie----it's a beautiful block.  I'm with you---I am not asking for requests.  Sometimes requests come out negatively like "I want this---I don't like that".   The last block I did was done under a lot of that and it stifles your creativity.   Sometimes people include trims that they would like you to use.   When you get your block home, you can always take out what you don't like.  I find that the blocks come out beautifully when everyone feels free to create.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 5:52 AM

Diane:

Lillie----it's a beautiful block.  I'm with you---I am not asking for requests.  Sometimes requests come out negatively like "I want this---I don't like that".   The last block I did was done under a lot of that and it stifles your creativity.   Sometimes people include trims that they would like you to use.   When you get your block home, you can always take out what you don't like.  I find that the blocks come out beautifully when everyone feels free to create.

Diane,  I am all for the "do as you wish" concept, too.  I don't think I'd want to do an RR where someone is telling you how they want it.  If they want to place an order, they should have to pay for that, lol. The idea of including trims is okay, I suppose, but only as a gesture of gifting stash and with the mindset of "use it if you want to".  This should be creative needle art fun.     

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 12:54 PM

Here are  my "Under the Sea" blocks.  Let me know which one I should send.  

• Post Points: 65
Page 5 of 35 (516 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use