rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 13 2012 7:17 AM

Linny t:

That's a great story with such a wonderful ending.  Good call on your part doing everything in your power to make them happy customers.  Now you have really good friends, too, for that leap of Faith!

I finished yesterday. Overcome with emotion, as usual. Heart and soul and a lot of physical exertion goes into these for me. It's very rewarding to see eveything put back together and the happiness all around. She gifted me with  a lovely quilted black velour purse, and  a tip for us all to go out to lunch. These are the times that really make me appreciate and be thankful for life itself and some of the people I have been blessed to crossed paths with.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 13 2012 7:30 AM

Kris,

I hope your new boss will be wonderful to you. I always dreaded breaking in a new boss, but your old one sounds like you have no where to go but up.

Funny boss story: I got a new one once when I worked for the Grocery store. He was always coming up behind people like a doberman. One day I was shopping for a customer and he came up behind me and saw me with a cart full of groceries. He didn't know I was shopping for the customer, and he asked me what I was doing and if I was on the clock, in a nasty tone. I pondered for a minute, and looked him straight in the eye and said, " I always do my shopping while I'm on the clock, it saves me time, so I don't  have to do it when I'm off." His face got beet red with anger, and I started giggling (nervously I might add), and told him I was kidding and explained about the customer. He laughed too then and went on about his business.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 13 2012 11:13 AM

I made it for my last Grand Daughter.  These pics are dramatic, but not too good for really seeing it. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 13 2012 12:00 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:

That's a great story with such a wonderful ending.  Good call on your part doing everything in your power to make them happy customers.  Now you have really good friends, too, for that leap of Faith!

I finished yesterday. Overcome with emotion, as usual. Heart and soul and a lot of physical exertion goes into these for me. It's very rewarding to see eveything put back together and the happiness all around. She gifted me with  a lovely quilted black velour purse, and  a tip for us all to go out to lunch. These are the times that really make me appreciate and be thankful for life itself and some of the people I have been blessed to crossed paths with.  

Now see, there might have been a whole different outcome if you hadn't done what you did, right?  What a great customer!  I'm sure you do beautiful work, too, and deserved the favor...maybe even more.  You should post pics of it so we can see.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 13 2012 12:17 PM

Linny t:
I made it for my last Grand Daughter.

Linny,

This is gorgeous! A CQ Dresden!!!! Wow! And I love the yoyo centers, and ricrac and pieced border. Wow!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 13 2012 12:49 PM

Linny--what a beautiful treasure your granddaughter has.  It's just beautiful especially the dramatic quilting to bring out the flowers.  You are so talented!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Happy Friday all!.  The weather has hit WNY and we are having fun.  Actually not as bad as could have been.  Streets are not plowed and people were driving like complete idiots but I have arrived back home safely.

I am impressed with all the wonderful things everyone has been up to.

Claudette, the 30's fabrics you are gathering are wonderful and your plans look good.  Trust your instinct and you will have a creation to be proud of.

Mom is settled in and happy to stay put so that is comforting.  Glad that I don't have to worry about her trying to go out in this nastiness.With her COPD, she shouldn't go out in the cold but she gets it in her head some times that she "NEEDS" such and such and won't take anything less than yes for an answer.

I am posting pictures in my gallery of the placemats I made this week.  They have been fun and I still have more to complete but I need to get back to the UFO of the week.  Once I get that top completed, I have a couple current things that need to be wrapped up before I go back to UFOs.

Well, back to the dungeon.  Have a great day.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Fri, Jan 13 2012 3:26 PM

Linny,

Your quilt is so beautiful!  I love it.  Can I be a granddaughter?

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 14 2012 12:54 AM

Stephanie:

Kris,

I hope your new boss will be wonderful to you.

Thanks Stephanie but we won't be getting a new one anytime soon. The powers that be decided that there are enough of us that were doing the work anyway so there's an interim director who will handle the bigger things like the budget etc. Plus the hospital is in a transition period as they are trying to merge into another healthcare system and they don't know how that will affect this position.

Stephanie:
Funny boss story:

Good thing he had a sense of humour about it. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 14 2012 12:57 AM

WOW Linny,

I love that quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Linny your quilt is beautiful, lucky granddaughter.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Claudette, your disappearing 9-patchs are great. 

I had a bunch of 2.5" squares left over from making crib quilts for the grand-kids and decided I would try a D9P with them (I don't often think before I leap LOL)  They turned out really cute but the middle square ended up being 3/4" after they were cut and sewn :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 14 2012 4:05 AM

Spudgrandma:
They turned out really cute but the middle square ended up being 3/4" after they were cut and sewn :)

Oh my goodness Spud! I bet they were really pretty in the smaller size, but it sure would take a lot to make a quilt. Would the whole block end up at about 4 inches? 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 14 2012 4:08 AM

Darlene,

Brrrr! Sounds cold up there. Good to hear your Mom is happy to be tucked in. Lool forward to seeing your placemats. Are you making them to sell at a Craft Show? 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 14 2012 4:12 AM

Today is Quilt Show Day! I'm so excited I could hardly sleep last night. I'm such a silly goose!

We're going to have a high temp of 63 degrees, so the weather should be perfect. Last time our teeth were almost chattering. The heat in the building consisted of some kind of heating barrels, that we had to go to frequently to warm our hands.  

Gabby (pup) has taken to hanging over the side of the tub while I'm taking a bath. Imagine my surprize this morning when she decided to come completely over. I was rinsing my hair and splash! Oh, she is going to be a handful! LOL

Well, I best be getting ready. I only have two hours before it's time to leave. A half hour to get ready and an hour and a half to dance around. : )  

Hope you all have a happy day.

Page 5 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use