rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 4:13 AM

Robin,

Hope you got through to the kids on their missing assignments, and good to hear things are going well in State prep's/

Diane,

So sorry to hear you are still battling the stomach flu. Have you been to the doctor?

Lillie,

A vacation to Italy!!! Woohoo. That would be awesome. Something to look forward to for sure.

I'm geared up for compay this weekend. We're all crashing here for dinner tonight. I'll be working, but my brother is bringing in ribs and fixin's. If I make it home in time I'll try to put together some homemade potato salad. Hope everyone has a great day!  

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 5:16 AM

Good Morning World,

Today is International World Thinking Day.   This is celebrated by the Girl Scouts.  Got to say in my business you kinda want everyday to be National Thinking Day.

It is also National Margarita and Walking Your Dog Day. 

I hope you are all having a super Friday when you read this.  

Lillie,

I can truly imagine the excitement you must be feeling about your trip.  It was just last year we were planning our adventure to Alaska.  Some days it was all I could do to wait.   I hope you guys have an awesome experience.

Diane,

I hope today finds you feeling a little better.   If not you might need to consider checking with the doctor.  We've had several people in this area think they had the stomach bug and it turned our to be like a tough strain of some bacteria that they could get rid of.

Stephanie,

I hope you visit with your brother is a wonderful time.   Ribs sound delicious.

Linny,

Woohoo!  It's Friday.   I hope your yard sale goes well and that the weather is beautiful.

This weekend I would be working on my to do list.   I've got to spend some time at school trying to organize the work I'm leaving for my students.  Plus I need to get ahead of the middle of displays and speeches that are laying around the room and see what finishing touches they need.   Thank goodness I have a family that is grown and can either help or get out of the way.

Have a good one.

Wait!   As I was closing this out something said share your devotion with the group.  Which was odd because I hadn't read a devotion yet.   So I quickly grab the little book I've been reading and was inspired by what I read.   The first thing that caught my eye was this devotion was written by the Director of the America Museum of Quilts.    (Ok, not to overwhelming since the whole book is about quilts)   But the story goes that this lady learned to quilt from her grandmother in Pennsylvania. ( Ok not surprising since a lot of people learn to quilt like that back in the day).   Anyway she moves to California.   Her mom comes to visit bring a her a quilt her Grandma left her.  It's a red and white Irish chain.   (Wow, I bet that's pretty,  I 'd like to make one of those)  But here's the cool part  her mom tells her it is her Prophetic Quilt.  Grandma and her sister was making this quilt when the sister gets the flu in early 1906.  As she laying on her death bed she tells her sister not to mourn her because God will give her a little girl to take care of before the year is up.   11 months later this little girl is born!  December 29, 1906.   I thought this is so cool that God would send her such comfort and that they family didn't tell the woman this story until all these years later after her Grandma dies.   Her mom says to her that the Grandma left her the quilt to comfort and bless her in the same way she had been when she waited on her to be born. 

The scripture was   "Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.  And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."  Psalm 139:16.      I am always blown away when I see His prophesy come to life.   

So today was set aside for you before you were formed enjoy every bit that you can and the part you can't remember that God has a plan for your tomorrows too.

The devotional book is "Heavenly Patchwork" vol 1.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:38 AM

Stephanie:
I'm geared up for compay this weekend. We're all crashing here for dinner tonight. I'll be working, but my brother is bringing in ribs and fixin's. If I make it home in time I'll try to put together some homemade potato salad. Hope everyone has a great day!  

Sounds like you'll be having fun.  Enjoy!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:49 AM

Robin:

Today is International World Thinking Day.   This is celebrated by the Girl Scouts.  Got to say in my business you kinda want everyday to be National Thinking Day.

It is also National Margarita and Walking Your Dog Day. 

I hope you are all having a super Friday when you read this.  

I will remember this when I walk my fur babies later.  I'm not going to have a margarita, I know.  I will, however, try to think about the world.  It's not as hard as when I was young because all you have to do is listen to the news.  Also, there are all the travel shows.  I suppose they are going for an awareness of the different cultures and how we all affect each other.  I hope everyone you deal with today is actually thinking.  It's questionable with teens as I remember.

Robin:

Linny,

Woohoo!  It's Friday.   I hope your yard sale goes well and that the weather is beautiful.

Yes, TGIF!!!  Thanks for the good wishes.

Robin:

Wait!   As I was closing this out something said share your devotion with the group.  Which was odd because I hadn't read a devotion yet.   So I quickly grab the little book I've been reading and was inspired by what I read.   The first thing that caught my eye was this devotion was written by the Director of the America Museum of Quilts.    (Ok, not to overwhelming since the whole book is about quilts)   But the story goes that this lady learned to quilt from her grandmother in Pennsylvania. ( Ok not surprising since a lot of people learn to quilt like that back in the day).   Anyway she moves to California.   Her mom comes to visit bring a her a quilt her Grandma left her.  It's a red and white Irish chain.   (Wow, I bet that's pretty,  I 'd like to make one of those)  But here's the cool part  her mom tells her it is her Prophetic Quilt.  Grandma and her sister was making this quilt when the sister gets the flu in early 1906.  As she laying on her death bed she tells her sister not to mourn her because God will give her a little girl to take care of before the year is up.   11 months later this little girl is born!  December 29, 1906.   I thought this is so cool that God would send her such comfort and that they family didn't tell the woman this story until all these years later after her Grandma dies.   Her mom says to her that the Grandma left her the quilt to comfort and bless her in the same way she had been when she waited on her to be born. 

The scripture was   "Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.  And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."  Psalm 139:16.      I am always blown away when I see His prophesy come to life.   

So today was set aside for you before you were formed enjoy every bit that you can and the part you can't remember that God has a plan for your tomorrows too.

The devotional book is "Heavenly Patchwork" vol 1.

This made me cry.  Thanks for sharing it.  It melted my heart.  I love that scripture and the thought that He already knows what's next for me...He's already got it all planned out :)

Hope you have an awesome Friday!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 4:42 AM

Good Morning You Precious Ladies,

Hang on your hat it's International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day.   I'm sure Molly will be excited.

National Banana Bread Day and Play Tennis day.  

I hope you all have a pleasant Saturday.  I'm headed out to school to work on my lesson plans for while I'm away and maybe some grading.   Then it's back here to take the youngest to Valdosta to pick up a gift for each of the state officers.   She tried doing the bleach t-shirts from pinterest but they didn't work out so good.  Anyway, we'll see if we can come with  way to fix those or an alternate gift.  Then tomorrow I have to fix her dress for banquet.  This is what happens when you put off till tomorrow what you could have done yesterday. 

Linny,  Good Luck with your sale.

Stephanie,  Enjoy your brother.

And the rest of you dear and precious people have a wonderful Saturday.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:10 AM

Well, I say it's a good day for my puppies and a good day for me.  

I'm off to my sale.  Thanks for the good luck wish, Robin.

Hope you all have an wonderful day!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 7:25 AM

Yummie. Warm Banana Nut Bread fresh from the oven. Spread a little butter on it, what could be a nicer breakfast.

Today I'm off to the gym (YAY!) and then off to a friend-of-a-friends house. She is selling all her fabric for $3.00/yd. I guess she is going out of business and has tons of bolts of fabric, even batiks.  Decided to take cash just to be on the safe side. I'll let you know if I found anything worth purchasing.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 12:28 PM

Hi Everyone

I needed to write---I continue to be down with this virus.  My friend's mom has the same thing and she went to a GI doctor yesterday---nothing special---it just takes a long time.  I can't really do much because I get very shakey when I exhurt myself. 

Linny--I'm so excited about your sale.  Best of luck!  It's a whole new thing.  You make such pretty things.  Have fun!

I hope you are doing well-----sounds good from what I am reading. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 2:00 PM

Lillie, it's so good to hear you are well enough to work out and to shop.  Have fun with the fabric.  Mercy, $3 a yard, you could fill a room.  Hope you had fun.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 2:08 PM

Diane, it's been weeks already.  I'm so sorry to hear you are still feeling weak when you exert yourself.  Hope it passes soon.  How are your dragons?  Has momma started nesting yet?

The sale went well, I'd say.  I only sold 2 pairs of earrings, but got a ton of compliments.  I knew that's how it would be, though, so no disappointments.  It was a garage sale, after all.  Everyone said they didn't use scissors, didn't sew or didn't do crafts.  Can you imagine?  Still I made $10 and got to hang out with my family outside.  The only bad thing was that one of their patio umbrellas blew over in the wind and bonked me in the head.  It was a huge umbrella on a stand and it really hurt and gave me a headache the rest of the time.  I'm home now and showered and intend to take a nice nap.  

Hope all are having a fun day.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 3:11 PM

Linny--so glad to hear everything went well.  People a so short on money.  My one consistant jewelry customer is now being cut short 1 day per week for 4 months.  She is a federal employee.  So sad---and I guess she wond be buying any jewelry from me.

I have been sick since October with one thing or another.  Today is the first day that I prepared some jewelry.  My hands are shakey.  I am just praying that things will be better.

Anyway I have to prepare 2 blocks for RR's by mid March.

The dragons have quit mating but they still want to be in the same place.  They are married now! LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 3:52 PM

Wow Stephanie--you always have such great dinner parties----wish I was there!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 7:37 PM

Well I guess I have the sweetest guy ever.   After hours of trucking me about,  he has now run out in the rain to get me some orange juice for in the morning. 

Linny,  Sorry to hear that you got bonked on the head.   But glad you sold some of your wares.  

Diane,  I was hoping you were feeling better by now and so busy catching dragon eggs you didn't have time to talk to us.   Get well soon.

Lillie,  Glad you feel up to the gym, sounds like you've bounced.

I'm slowly on my way to bed but I have a date with a glass of OJ before bed. 

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Sending wishes of warmth and happiness to all my quilty friends.  Hope that you all have had a good day.

Lillie, as others have said, glad to hear you felt up to the gym today.  Hope that you didn't overdo and set yourself back.  Keep feeling better and remember to listen to your body.

Diane. so sorry that you continue to struggle bouncing back.  This sounds like a tough bug and I am sure that with your other medical issues it is worse.  Continue to do what you can, when you can and hopefully, you will be back to yourself soon.

Stephanie, hope that your time with your brother was all you planned.  The ribs sounded so good.  And homemade potato salad.  YUMMM!!!

Robin, States are almost here.  Sounds like you had a productive week and that you will be ready when the time comes.  So kind of DH to go get you OJ.  Of course, you are equally good to him and that is why he didn't mind doing it.  Get your rest while you can.  Next week at this time you will be in the midst of everything and sleep will be the last thing happening.

Linny, glad you had positive feedback about your wares.  You have the right prospective to this.  A garage sale is not the best venue for hand made items.  At least not in WNY.  Everyone is looking for a bargin and doesn't want to pay what you mark an item.  If you have a brand new piece of clothing with tags on it marked $1, they ask if you will take 50 cents.  So frustrating.

You have seen what people think and some of the comments about not sewing are probably true.  Don't give up.

Well, it has been another week of whirlwind for me.  Had appointments, meetings or something everyday this week.  Today was to be my day to not go out of the house and just get caught up on things.  Sounded like a wonderful plan and was working out well until after lunch.

Tim and I cleaned out his "office" space this morning and got a lot accomplished.  He allowed me to recycle some old papers and we shuffled things around, condensing boxes to make the room a little neater.  Gracie loves to scoot around behind the desk and printer stand and it was rather hazardous.  I was able to convince Tim that we should clear out space for her to savely go back there.  She was very confused but seems happy to be able to move around easily.

Found several used ink cartridges which I will recycle tomorrow.  The women's group at our church collects them to fund an upcoming event.  Good cause and they are out of my house.  Also got some cardboard collapsed and out, changed a light bulb so that we can see again and found a box of Happy Meal toys which are going away.  Tim was actually receptive to the tpys going.  I figured this would be my biggest fight. 

Last task was to organize and straighten the printer stand.  There were all these partial reams of paper getting messy because they were sliding this way and that.  I sorted them into piles of like paper, put in folders to keep them sorted and put on a shelf under the printer. What a relief to know that when I want card stock I will be able to find it.  I have two partial reams of red paper.  No idea why I bought a second one when I still had some.  Probably didn't know I had it.  Red paper is the hardest to use.  They say it is the worst paper to print on if you want people to read what you printed.  Not sure how valid this is but I do know that I don't use it often.  Mostly use as background for signage for shows.  Anyway, it is organized and I know what I have so I won't duplicate when I go to Office Max.  (just have to add that I love Office Max and could spend hours in there on a weekly basis.  Almost as bad as LQS for me(--so SAD)

Just finished and decided to spend a few minutes playing solitare when the phone rand.  Caller ID was the local hospital #.  Mom had a transfusion this week and I was concerned that something had happened to her.  It turned out to be my MIL in the ER.  Don't know exactly all the details but she has been admitted and will be there a few days most likely.  I missed the doctor explaining it to her and she is not worth beans when you try to get this kind of info from her.  Her primary care physican does not go to the hospital so she will be treated by a hospitalist group member.  They work 24/7 so I will be able to talk to someone tomorrow when I go in tomorrow.

Ashamed to admit that my first thoughts were that this was a play for attention because I haven't talked to her in a couple days.  You all have heard how she is at times and can understand why I felt this way.  When I got to the hospital and she said they were admittting I was still skeptical but thought mayber there was something real involved.  When they came to move her to her room I saw that her left ankle and foot were twice the size of the right and she has raw sores which were bleeding.  Now I was mad because this didn't happen overnight.  When I asked her how long this has been going on she told me a couple weeks but I have been so busy with Tim that she didn't "want to bother" me.  So frustrating.

To add  to the chaos of the day, when I knew I needed to go to the hospital, I realized I hadn't talked to Mom today so I called her.  She didn't answer her phone so I left a message.  When I was leaving the hospital, I called her again because she hadn't returned my call.  She answered just before the machine picked up but had not listened to my message.  After I told her about MIL, I asked her how she was doing and she told me that she had been out to dinner and had only been home a few minutes.  This explained the fact that she hadn't called me.  I asked how she was doing today and she answered "okay now." 

"Mom, what does that mean?" 

"Well, when I got home I was hurrying to get to the bathroom and I fell face first in the bedroom."  She tripped over her oxygen line and fell.  She was able to get up and get out of her clothes so that she could check out the damages.  She believes she will be bruised tomorrow but is assuring me that she didn't break anything and she "will live".

Parenting our parents is not for the faint of heart.  I do believe that they are worse than my own child was.  Maybe the fact that I only had one child helped ease the pains of parenthood.

Anyway, I am hiding in bed and not answering the phone until morning.

Have a good night and an even better Sunday.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 6:19 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's National Tortilla Chip day.  They were actually not invented in Mexico but in LA in the 1940's. 

I hope you all are having a pleasant Sunday.   Was a productive day for the most part.  I got several things done at school that I couldn't seem to get done when the kids were around.   Then went to Valdosta and picked up some stuff I needed for the upcoming festivities.    It is a crazy time in the Smith Cabin.

I hope that all of you are well for your Sunday.

Darlene is was so good to hear from you and that you and Tim are using this wait time so productively.   I sure waiting is hard but having goals and fulfilling them I'm sure is a better way to spend the time than just sitting thinking about the what if's.      It's funny you mention cleaning your husband's office.   Donn and I share an office space and I have vow that it will be cleaned during Spring Break one way or another.  It is the dirtiest place in the whole house.   Thanks for the inspiration.

Linny,  I hope you are not to sore from your bonk on the head this morning.

and Lillie I hope your not sore either.

Today will be spent doing as many things at one time as I can so I can get this household ready for this week.    I've got a student coming after church to work on the Chapter's Scrapbook entry.   Hopefully we will finish it today. 

I'll see you all in the morning if not before.  

Robin

Page 353 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev351352353354355Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use