My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:

Hope you have a mellow kind of busy Monday.

We had a great day. Probbably be asleep by 7:30. LOL, but it's a good kind of tired.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:

Stephanie - I put Robin's block in the mail today.  It should be there by Thurs. Please let me know when you get it.

Thanks Lillie. Will let you know. I got Linny's in today too.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:11 PM

I rescheduled it for next Monday.  We are almost finished our first round robbin.  It has been so much fun.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:13 PM

Steph--you have my mouth watering.  I love fried fish and the way you cooked the sweet potatoes sound so delicious.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:19 PM

Diane:

I rescheduled it for next Monday.  We are almost finished our first round robbin.  It has been so much fun.

Are we going to do another one? I'm up for it. I already have all of my fabric picked out just in case!  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:22 PM

Diane:

I'm hoping you feel so much better by then that you don't need to go, Diane.  

The RR has been a lot of fun.  We definitely need to do this again.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:32 PM

Lillie--sorry about not mailing Robin's block---I hope I can tomorrow.  We have touched on the subject for another RR.  Don't know how everyone feels.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

I have to admit it was hard to go back to work today after having such a lovely vacation. But I did and faced the day with a New Year attitude to make the best of everyday for as long as I can.

It was a good day, the guys were all happily bantering and teasing each other in the way guys do, and I smiled at their banter sometimes having to stifle a laugh or two. Everyone was productive and still working as they chattered. That's the way it should be at work. Everyone getting along, having a good time and all geared toward the common interest of getting it done. It was every bit of the working atmosphere I was brought up in and loved in every job I ever had until the family business turned into a corporate pencil pushing world. Just to recapture it for a day was exhilaratting. A step back in time, and yet a hope for the future all in the same day. I don't know about my working friends, but it's been far too long since I've seen a day like that!

Felt good too to get Linny's block mailed out. I don't know if it's me, but as these blocks are nearing the finish line, it's harder to let them go seeing all the beauty everyone has added and the sparkle and detail of it all. Thank goodness I had my Spring block laid out, or I might not have gotten it in the mail. LOL. And I can't wait to get mine back and see all of the wonderful work each of you have done, in person, with my own eyes and in every light imaginable. And even though I know I'll most likely go on and on in detail when it arrives, I just want to say Thank you in advance for all that each and everyone of you have done. 

That being said, it's time to tend to my furbabies, They're wrestling around my chair begging for attention and treats.

God Bless, sleep tight, and may tomorrow bring you a day of hope....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:03 PM

Stephanie:

Robin:
National Tempura Rock Day.

I had a craving for tempura battered cod today and had it for lunch. Is that real rocks or rock music? LOL. Do unloading a few bricks I recycled from a job work? LOL

For me it was shrimp, lol.  As for the rocks, I say it's the girls best friend kind :)

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane:

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Finishing the first RR! I'm so excited. We must do another befor the new year is out....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane:
 I love fried fish and the way you cooked the sweet potatoes sound so delicious

Thank you. :0)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:

Are we going to do another one? I'm up for it. I already have all of my fabric picked out just in case!  lol

I hope so. I need to wait until after "season" is over. Probably April, but ya'll can do another without me.....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
 For me it was shrimp, lol.  As for the rocks, I say it's the girls best friend kind :)

ROFLOL.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 5:43 AM

Good Morning My Fair Lady Friends,

I am proud to announce today is National Man Watcher's day or Show and Tell day at work.   

Man watcher's day is not exactly what I was expecting.  It's not keeping an eye out for the hotties.  It's watching men watch themselves you know catching them checking themselves out.   Got to say not exactly appropriate for my job.  So I'll be opting for Show and Tell day at work. 

Linny,  I did not get Diane's block in the mail yesterday.  Will try for today but I'm suppose to have kids after school so it may be as late as tomorrow.  Sorry!  

As to the next round robin, I'm gamed if anyone else is.  I maybe a little slower because I am entering my busy season.  Remember that Darlene wants to join us.

Stephanie those of are the best kind of days at work.  To bad every day is not like that.   I love counting your reclaimed brick for your rock day.    Also, I wish my cooking planned worked all the time, but I usually manage two or three cooked meals a week during the school year.   The rest of the time I'm just plain sorry.

Diane,  I'm so sorry that you missed your appointment.  I hope you are drinking bunches of water and staying away from the highly acidic things.  But I'm sure as a nurse you already knew all of that.

Lillie,  How's the basement coming? 

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 6:49 AM

Diane:

Lillie--sorry about not mailing Robin's block---I hope I can tomorrow.  We have touched on the subject for another RR.  Don't know how everyone feels.

No worries Diane. I know you're not feeling well. Mail it when you can and let me know so I can be on the lookout for it.

northern colorado

Page 314 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev312313314315316Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use