My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,250
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 6:00 PM

Congrats on getting the quilt done, Robin.  Are you all ready for Christmas?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 7:58 PM

Linny,

I'm ready for Christmas day.  But not the following Saturday when my brother is coming, still have to bind the beast.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,250
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 8:42 PM

Do you do your binding totally by machine, or do you hand sew the binding down after attaching it by machine to the front?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,153
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 5:42 AM

Linny t:
The necklace sounds like it's really pretty.  Maybe you could share a pic with us.  I have jewelry like that.  In fact I have a necklace similar to that and would love the inspiration.

It's funny. I have never worn bulky jewelry and this one fit almost like a choker so it was a lot of bold just at the neck. Once I added a few beads to give it more drop and the cameo it turned it into kind of a retro, vintage, border steampunk kind o of look. I really like that cameo. I got it at Joann's and had thoughts of using it in a CQ. Anyway, it was really fun to crossover from cq and be able to do a little last minute creative.

Linny t:
I know how it goes when we don't spend time or money on ourselves because life just won't let us.

I know. What I should be spending on clothes, I'd rather spend on ribbons, baubles and threads. LOL 

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,153
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 5:48 AM

Robin:
I did finish quilting the beast yesterday morning.   Not real happy since it has some puckers on the back side.   I know I should take them out and redo but I ran out of blue thread at the eleventh hour yesterday and hobby lobby is closed on Sunday so I can't get the blue thread that I ran out of until after Christmas, so I'm probably going to leave them. I doubt he will even notice them.

WTG finishing! I'm with you on leaving the puckers. If he's like my brother he'll never know the difference. What he will know is that you put in a lot of labor and love to make him a beautiful quilt.

Robin:
I am so glad you and hubby had such a special evening.  You deserve it.  I'm with Linny I can't wait to see her block.

Thank you. Sometimes our "date" nights are too few and far between. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,153
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 6:02 AM

Time just flew by yesterday. Did more decorating yesterday and Mike even helped decorate the tree! He picked out the prettiest one we've had in years. After that it was football all day for him and me back to the sewing room and working on Linny's block.  I had to put it all away. (Pout) Paul is spending the night Chistmas and he likes to sleep in there. I'll have it all back out the 26th. LOL

I don't know what it is about being surrounded by all of those little pretties (crystals, ribbon, etc) but it sure lifts my spirits to work with them.

Hope you all have a wonderful Spirit filled day and  just sparkle in smilng brightly for all.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 6:49 AM

Beautiful necklace.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,250
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 7:04 AM

Thank for posting the necklace pic.  That's a great transformation and I love that cameo, too.  Plus it was your mom's.  You are so creative.

Stephanie:
I know. What I should be spending on clothes, I'd rather spend on ribbons, baubles and threads. LOL 
 That's exactly what I think.  Either that or I'll find some piece of clothing and won't be willing to spend the $ because I"ve already padded my stash, lol.  Honestly, I don't spend much time at stores that sell clothing.    

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,169
Points 111,250
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 7:16 AM

Stephanie, how cool your Paul is spending the night.  You'll have your little boy on Christmas morning!  

I know what you mean about being surrounded by all those little pretties.  I have a little computer table on wheels that's next to my bed that I work on, so I leave my little pretties out.  They're right next to me when I wake up in the morning and sometimes it's hard to leave them...especially when I have to go to work, lol.

I may not get online much today, so I'm taking this opportunity to wish you all a wonderfully, delightfully, surprisingly happy Christmas Eve.  May God's blessings just rain on you all today; so much that it takes your breath away!  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,040
Robin replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 7:21 AM

Happy Christmas Eve Everyone,

I am so happy to wish you all that first.   I just wanted to let you all know how much I value you our relationship and all of the support that I get from each of you.   You are truly precious friends.

Stephanie--- I just love what you did with your necklace.  That Cameo is beautiful and I think you put it to good use.  I am so glad you and Mike had such a special evening and then day.    As far as Paul spending the night I bet all that stuff sparkling and lighting up the room will simply make him feel more at home since they have always been such a part of your life, I'm sure he thinks of them as a part of his life.   It's funny how the things we don't pay alot of attention to when we are younger becomes such a comforted when we are older.   I always think of flannel in the winter as a comfort item.  And I'm sure it comes from years of flannel night gowns and my brother's and grandpa's flannel shirts as I hung them fresh out of the dryer.    Makes me wish I could spend this day curled up in one.

Linny---- I usually bind by hand.  But the last one I did  wrapped the backing to the front and bound on machine.  This one I'm going to have to wrap the front to the back and will probably machine bind.   DH and Keeley went out Christmas shopping two days ago and had no luck finding enough to the right color or size in binding.  So it's back to plan A.   This quilt refuses to lay flat, (probably because of the puckers at the corners).  I'd redo some of the quilting but  I also ran out of the blue thread I was using.  So the beast will have to wait until after Christmas to be finished, thankfully my brother is coming for Christmas until next Saturday, so I have time to make up my mind and work on it.   How excited is Nate?  Is there something special he's wanting from Santa?

Lillie and Diane--- What special activities to you have planned for the next few days?  Lillie did DH like the Christmas decorations?

Darlene--- I hope that you, Tim, Kyle and Mama have the best Christmas ever.   I'm praying that 2013 will bring Tim strength and good health and a large period of peace.

Jo--- How will you and DH spend the holidays?

For those of you who love Christmas Music KLOVE a station that I listen to on the internet is playing some really good music that you can even sing too! 

As for my household today is Christmas at the inlaws.  We are going down for a late lunch or early supper, depending on how you look at it.   We will be sharing the day with Donn's parents and his 92 year old grandmother who is a wonderful soul.  Since the girls are the only grandchildren and they are but considered grown the conversation centers around them and their lives.   At that's exactly how it should be. 

We probably won't go to Christmas Eve service tonight, mainly because I've been slacking from going to church and I'm not a very good C & E member. (That's the reference some people in my neck of the woods make about people who only show up for Christmas and Easter).   So I will probably stay home and make the cheesecake that I need to finish for tomorrow's dessert.   However, the oldest daughter is so excited to be helping a guy plan his proposal tonight to her best friend.  They have it all mapped out along with hubby going and acting as professional photographer.   All of this is a top secret need to know only info, but I figure you guys can be in the know. (haha)     Anyway so hopefully I'll get to see some of the pictures,  I'm not invited.    Yes, invited, the young man has selected a few of their closest friends to be there when he pops the question.   These kids all go back to preschool together, including the guy and girl getting engaged.   The beauty of small time living is watching them all grow up from babies playing on the playground, through the girls are yucky stage, to the guys are yucky stage, to this stage.  I guess next is watching them go through the same stages with their children.  

The real question is do I make these two a wedding quilt?????  If so what pattern and what colors????  Well I've got two years (I'm told) to work out all the details.

My Christmas wish for all of you is that this time will be filled with the Spirit of Christmas.  One that is far beyond tinsel and bows,  but is celebrated in the simple wrapping of an open heart.  One that chose to love even when face with the risk of pain.  I wish that for these few days you will be with the ones you love and love you back, and that when you meet the grinches and scrooges in of this world that your heart will be guard by such a spirit of love that no ba hum bug will be able to penetrate.   I wish you the lights of love from the eyes of those you love, the sound of joy from the giggles and laughter of their voices and  the enduring warmth as you are wrapped in their hugs that cover you like a well made quilt.  

Happy Christmas Eve,

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 339
Points 9,295

[quote user="Robin"

Jo--- How will you and DH spend the holidays?

We will be going to a nephew's house for a meal tonight;   it is a Christmas tradition.  I am taking Scalloped Oysters.....Since I made them one year, they have been requested every year. They are really good, if you like fried oysters.
Tomorow I am making turkey and all the trimmings; we will have nine of us for dinner at 12:30.  I am so glad George is such a help to me, because I don't like people trying to help me in the kitchen. I just tell them to go sit down and let George help me. I have certain ways I like things done and after ten years George knows how to do things my way.  I guess that sounds mean, but that is the way I am and after all these years, I can't see me changing. lol

Robin,  you said exactly how I feel about all of you ladies," being such precious friends."   I cannot improve on that.
Merry Christmas to all of you and your families.
Stephanie, I won't be able to mail your paint jack until the second week in Jan.  Don't forget to send your address to me.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:14 AM

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

Hope everyone is getting settled in for a wonderful Christmas Eve and a blessed Christmas Day. Whatever your plans are, I hope they are filled with love and joy.

DH didn't mention anything about the Christmas decorations. I think he forgot we decided not to put them up. lol  As a matter of fact, I think he forgot where most of the utensils are kept in the kitchen. Last night, he opened almost every drawer looking for the carving knives. I just sat there and watched him. lol

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,089
Points 41,735
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 12:31 PM

Hello Everyone---------MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Stephanie---glad to hear the Paul is with you guys and I love the necklace.  I am thinking about making some in my jewelry work---now--the gaudier the better! LOL Your necklace is conservative compared to many.

Robin---so happy you finished the beast!  I'll bet he will love it!

Linny---sounds like you are ready for a wonderful holiday.  It' wonderful to have grandchildren near.

Lillie---I guess there is a lot of happiness at your house with your hubby back home!

And everyone else---enjoy the holiday!

I have made lots of cookies and some fudge so I'll have something to bring for Christmas dinner.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 304
Points 26,570

Merry Christmas Eve to all.  Wishing you peaceful times with family and friends.  Robin put it so wonderfully.  I pray that there will be no grinches or scrooges in your day and that we all may remember the reason for the season--the birth of our Saviour.

Mom and I will be attending Christmas Eve service tonight.  The Christmas Day service has been cancelled because our pastor has just come home from the hospital and is still not able to come out of the house until his antibiotics are completed and he is stronger.  We had a visiting pastor for services yesterday and tonight's service will be done by lay leaders.  Slightly disappointed to have service cancelled tomorrow but we need to be thankful for our pastor's return home and be patient with things being different.

Robin, how neat about the proposal.  What a joy to see them mature and grow into the adults they are becoming.  The wedding quilt is a tough decision.  We were informed Saturday at my family's Christmas that my youngest nephew is getting married in July.  I will be expected to make a quilt for the wedding.  Mom and I will work on picking out fabric together and she will help with assembly.  I will have to do the majority but still wondering what the pattern should be.  Will need to see if I can get ideas of colors because I want to start soon.

Kyle called 15 minutes before he had to be at work today to ask for a ride.  He overslept and knew dear old Mom would get him to work on time.  It takes him a half hour to walk and if he is late one more time he will lose his job.  I did not enjoy being anywhere near Wally World.  The parking lot was packed and everyone was driving like they were the only ones in the lot.  Glad to drop him at the door and go back home.

He will not be coming over until morning.  He needs a good night's sleep and so he will walk over when he gets up in the morning.  Kind of disappointed about that too but also slightly relieved.  My body is not happy with all the junk I have been eating during the holiday season and I feel "off" so it is just as well to have a quiet night when I get home from church. 

Tim's tests will be done next week starting early on Wednesday morning.  We are waiting for final details but do know that it will be out patient and at least two days.  Maybe as many as four days depending on the scans and what results they get.  Then we wait for a date for the surgery to fix what they find.  Hoping for a better new year.  Trusting that God's plans for all this are what is best for each of us.

If I do not get on-line tomorrow, wishing you all a Blessed Christmas with your friends and family.  At the rate I am going, it may be next year before you hear from me again.  If so, be safe.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 8:53 PM

I just wanted to pop in and wish all you wonderful ladies, a very Merry Christmas.

[Ava, Missouri

Page 301 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev299300301302303Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use