rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:19 PM

Linny t:
Yesterday I worked on Lillie's block all day long.  I love doing that, just stitching all day.  I have to resist the urge to pick it up right now, or I'll be on it all day and never get to the store.

I can so relate. LOL. When your muse kicks in it really kicks in. LOL

Linny t:

Stephanie, hope you are having a lovely day today.

Thank you. It's been a good day. Mike  got the Christmas decorations down a few minutes ago. He talked to Paul  earlier and his girlfriend is leaving to go visit her family Friday so he is debating on coming out here Thursday to celebrate  the Holiday. Oh my, I love spontaneous, don't you? LOL. Actually I do love happy spontaneous. It'll be grand just to have them here.I've only seen him once since Thanksgiving. Too long....but everyone's so busy these days it's hard to schedule.

Other than that I fixed a ham and injected it with a praline sauce and covered it with brown sugar and pecans. I had never tried this before, and it was delicious. 

Outside of the the day has been uneventful. Just the way I like a Sunday to be. :0)

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:22 PM

Lillie:

I finally started on Robin's block. I looked at it for almost one full week before I had the courage to start the first round of silks. So far I am really liking what I've done. I hope you will as well Robin. It does take a bit of time to ponder the embellishments.  lol

WTG Lillie. I know it does take a while to ponder the embellishments . Then watch out! Can't wait to see what you do. Good luck with the silks.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:33 PM

Stephanie:
Thank you. It's been a good day. Mike  got the Christmas decorations down a few minutes ago. He talked to Paul  earlier and his girlfriend is leaving to go visit her family Friday so he is debating on coming out here Thursday to celebrate  the Holiday. Oh my, I love spontaneous, don't you? LOL. Actually I do love happy spontaneous. It'll be grand just to have them here.I've only seen him once since Thanksgiving. Too long....but everyone's so busy these days it's hard to schedule.

Oh, boy.  Surprise, right?  Like you say, though, it'll be so nice to have them.  It's true that every one has different schedules and whenever we manage to get together it's all good. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 4:44 AM

Good morning girlfriends. Lots of hustle and bustle on the agenda for today. Seems like this month is flying by like the rest of the year has. Hope everyone carves out some time for yourselves today to do something that makes you happy.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:09 AM

Good  Morning Everyone,

Hooray for me it's a short week.  We only have two days and then we're on Winter Break, which is good because I have much to do before the actual holiday.  

Yesterday was a hard day to keep my mind straight.  It always is when a front is coming through, so not much progress on the Mariner's Compass.  I miss my ability to but on an old movie and quilt away.  I'm definitely going to have to make some modifications to the current arrangement.   I did get started on planning for Diane's block and am super excited about one of the elements I have planned.  I hope Diane likes it. 

As for today it's exams this morning, then one period and then home for the rest of the day.  Tomorrow is basically the same.  I'm hoping to get off tomorrow afternoon and go do a little shopping.   I'm close to finished but not quiet done.

Well Donn's waiting so I have to make this morning short. 

Wishing you all a Very Merry Monday.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:58 AM

Stephanie:

Good morning girlfriends. Lots of hustle and bustle on the agenda for today. Seems like this month is flying by like the rest of the year has. Hope everyone carves out some time for yourselves today to do something that makes you happy.

Doing some shopping today. Just for me and the house. Christmas presents are complete. Unless DH comes home and says he wants something. Hopefully he'll be home Wed, but you never know with the storms coming through Antarctica.

I'm spending time working on Robin's block, which is a joy for me. Taking my time and making everything perfect (I hope-lol). 

Are the kids on Christmas break now?

Happy Monday to everyone.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:21 AM

Stephanie:
Hope everyone carves out some time for yourselves today to do something that makes you happy.
Hope you do too, Stephanie.  

I have already started looking forward to that good feeling of having a new year ahead of me....something so hopeful in that.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:23 AM

Robin:
Hooray for me it's a short week.  We only have two days and then we're on Winter Break, which is good because I have much to do before the actual holiday.  
 I'm happy for you, Robin.  You deserve the break as well as time to work on your own Christmas.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:32 AM

Lillie:
I'm spending time working on Robin's block, which is a joy for me. Taking my time and making everything perfect (I hope-lol). 
Can't wait to see what you've done with it.  I worked on your block this weekend and it was a joy for me, too.  

Hope DH makes it home on Weds.  It's always better when those we love are home where they belong.  I'm done with Christmas except for office people and of course, the food.  Still, I have this nagging feeling like I'm forgetting someone.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:54 PM

Robin,

Happy to hear you have a short week and that you are so excited about what you are going to do with Diane's block. With having a short week, hopefully you'll have time to work more on your Mariner's Compass quilt. Did you post a pic of the in laws quilt after you got it back from the long armer?

Merry Monday to you too. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:04 PM

Lillie,

Hope you had a great time shopping, and working on Robin's block. Also I hope your DH makes it home on Wednesday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:21 PM

Linny t:
I'm done with Christmas except for office people and of course, the food.  Still, I have this nagging feeling like I'm forgetting someone.

Don't you hate when that happens? I haven't even started shopping yet. It'll be easy since Paul knows what he wants. Don't know his girlfriend well enough to know what she'd like. Guess I should be finding out. LOL. I can see me out Thursday morning before they come. Last minute Lucy, as usual. LOL

It's been a good day here too. The weather is so beautiful it's hard to stay in the house. Have most of the cleaning done, chotskies put away and ready for decorations to go up.  It looks so zen in here I may not put some of the normal stuff back out after Christmas. 

The site seems slow to post. Hope everyone has a great evening. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:44 PM

Linny--I always seem to have that feeling at Christmas--leaving someone out.  So I have extras just in case.  Like one year I made an extra banana bread and when my home teacher came that month I was happy to have something to give.  

Robin--so glad you finally have time off and will be happy and excited to see what you do on my block.  I love these RR.  You get to have a little gift surprise from your friends every month and you get to give one too!

I haven't decorated except to put some live greens on the front door.  I will be happy to just get out and celebrate with friends.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:40 PM

I'm out with Dh trying to finish. My Christmas shopping almost done except for him.  So I finally broke down and told him he had to pick put his present this year.  He needs a new computer and I have no clue what to buy so I'm sitting in best buy typing this on my phone and he's shopping. He's like a kid in a candy shop.  

Have a good night everyone.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:49 PM

Robin, you may not see him again until after New Years, lol.

Linny T

Page 294 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev292293294295296Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use